Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

It remains a question mark honestly. At times, I feel like he wouldn't know what Aleeza felt but at times, I feel like like he knew Aleeza in and out, how could he not know that Aleeza was just pretending to hate, just under the illusion that she hated him when in reality she was still the same Aleeza dependent upon Umer Jahangir for support, the same who couldn't bear the thought of him dying? Maybe he know and maybe he didn't.

This just reminded me of:
Sheila tried to say something but Aleezah cut her off, vexed. You have parents, a brother and sister. You got engaged to the man you like. You have every relationship.' Her face was becoming red. I have none. I have not seen my father in seven years and we live in the same country. I haven't met my mother in four. I can count the number of times I've met either of them after their divorce and second marriages. In the last ten years every relationship for me began and ended with Omar. He was my family. Every bond...' She was beginning to choke. It won't make a difference to you if you lose any one of these. You have other relationships, other people to fill the void. I have none. I get Omar, I get everything. I lose him, I lose everything.'

Dhani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

A quick opinion of everyone on why the book is called Amar Bail ? I want to know what you guys think..

Also.. @Dhani mentioned here that the dialogue that the plant will grow stronger had a hidden meaning.. I want to know whats that.. What did you want to say..

sorry ash i missed this post
i was going all the pages because i was reading it again this week
do you know the old saying that when a stranger cuts the plant it dies but when gardener cuts it bloom like never before. Plant also identifies a person with his intentions. they knows that when gardener cut them its for their good not for harm.
In simple words there is nothing wrong hurting ones we most care for if it will make them stronger. bad deeds for good cause are always beneficial.we all know that aleezey was upset with umer when she cut the plant that doesn't meaning she has any wrong intention behind it. through out the book umer keep pushing aleeze to her limits. if umer kept pampering her she could have never develop sense to least put her point foreword.
you remember from start of the book she was so meek. i always think umer was her gardener. like a gardener he also knows that she was not his to keep she belongs to someone else. but that doesn't stop gardener nurturing his plants and in times trimming them to make them stronger. likewise umer also took her care and also become strict with her when needed too.
this is what l love about umeras book you can never understand her book in single read. with each read you get something new.

Edited by Dhani_ - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I never understood the perfume scene fully.. When aliza breaks one of his fav perfume bottle... Umar then starts breaking all other perfume bottles too, and said aisa karnay main bhtt maza aata hai na? Aao mil kar torte hain, and aliza then had tears in her eyes... And then he said ok lets become good friends..and a friend in need is a friend indeed... What did this scene actually signify? What was umar thinking in tht scene?
@Dhani ur interpretation of perfume scene?
Dhani_ thumbnail
^ Perfume scene or rather perfume scenes
well everyone interprets it in his own way. mine something like this. you remember umer saying he enjoys perfume when he is alone at night. umer was like that he never much shared his joy or sadness with anyone. aleeze also love perfumes but she openly use them just like her personality where she talks her mind no secret whats so ever. umer gifted some of his perfume to aleeze like he share bit feeling to aleeze...because he knows she also values them like him...perfume symbolized happiness or sadness they receive from fate.
the breaking part was just him testing her how much she actually hate him.knowing that she was upset with him. he might think she break it on purpose so he was all like OK if that's what you want. then he himself start breaking it and poor girl cries. he becomes sure that this stupid girl is too naive to hold grunge against him. then he offers her friendship. he know she need friend like him or he want friend like her.
Now come to one line everyone keep talking about
mein aleezay ko pehle joy dunga phir eternity
i think he is talking about his love for aleezy which in his lifetime given him joy and after death become made him eternal in others hearts, of course the one who knows him. do think after knowing how much umer loved aleezay one can be mention without other. no. when her name is mentioned his name will come up. they became one without actually being together. on aleezey's side lets assume she has receive a lot of happiness from umer in the form of junaid that clears the joy part...last part was tough to understand so created my own theory.
see he keep his mouth shut not telling her actual truth.. what he has scarified for her...and they say spiritual books when you sacrifice something and not let anyone knows about its gives eternity to what has been given. so here he gave up aleezay. she her got eternity, she lived in him till he died and maybe even after that. she was fortunate to be loved so much
ok i know its stupid ..
farahs_6 thumbnail
Dhani...Woww... I liked ur interpretations... Esp tht breaking perfumes wala part... Yea now tht i think abt it... He was actually testing her..tht ok if thts what u want then lets do it and then she started crying..and he offered her friedship...
Abt joy and eternity.. Yes i agree from ur theory...tht from joy it symbolises their friendship and happiness from it..i think from eternity he meant..he will live in her heart forever.. Through his sacrifice and whatever he has done for her all his life, she wont be able to forget him ever

I like ur explanations abt this novel.. I asked few questions abt this novel.. In last few pages...See the previous page, where i posted few thoughts and questions...let me know what u think abt them...

farahs_6 thumbnail
Dhani.. U should also do a review of umar's character and also, of umar aliza's relationship.. It seems u have read this novel, and thought deeply abt it...u should review umar and his relationship with judith and junaid too separately...but you must review umar aliza 's relationship..bcoz its the beauty of this novel
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
Dhani_ thumbnail
thanks Farah for appreciation
I know I get bit philosophical while explaining stuff...one line which I read on some site about novel which still haunts me. which is " agar woh chah sakta tha toh nibhah bhi sakta tha"
and it kept me thinking about umer for days when I write down all then symbolic references umera kept giving about his character. I was shocked that every little thing point towards big picture. what I said above I'd nothing compared to what umera secretly hidden in novel.
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhani_

thanks Farah for appreciation
I know I get bit philosophical while explaining stuff...one line which I read on some site about novel which still haunts me. which is " agar woh chah sakta tha toh nibhah bhi sakta tha"
and it kept me thinking about umer for days when I write down all then symbolic references umera kept giving about his character. I was shocked that every little thing point towards big picture. what I said above I'd nothing compared to what umera secretly hidden in novel.

Would love to know abt those symbolic references and how u interpret them? Thats why..i say u must review umar's character, and his relationship with aliza, then with junaid and judith too

One thing unique abt umar's character is how theres a mysterious aura around him, which makes his character so much more intriguing and interesting..how it makes u think because his thoughts are never really shown in the novel.. Reader must interpret him itself... We are constantly shown aleezas thoughts but never umars perspective.. Only through his dialogues and actions, we must understand him.. Even his love for aleeza is expressed through others, except his dying scene.. I dont think theres any other novel of umera, whose lead is so intrguiing and u keep thinking abt it.. Otherwise all other heroes and female leads are like an open book, even salar.. We know what hes thinking at what time.. But as i said a mysterious aura aroung umar makes him so interesting

Would love to know ur interpretations of symbolic references in this novel...

Amarbail is my all time fav and i can talk on it..like forever..so please bear with me..and my questions 😛
Dhani_ thumbnail
Farah I will review all you asked and my other interpretation also. I know what are you talking about umer is character one can never forget. I still goes to each of his line and try to get under his skin. I don't know how successful I am while doing so. Aliza is open book as novel written frm her point of view. but umer kept under thick layer dark. reader either gets it or completely underestimate calling him introvert. umer is not at all introvert his action and dialogue spoke something we just have to keep mind and heart in place. I always thinks the way I think umer could have thought.. I know its scary but that man call for it..he attracts me to him
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhani_

Farah I will review all you asked and my other interpretation also. I know what are you talking about umer is character one can never forget. I still goes to each of his line and try to get under his skin. I don't know how successful I am while doing so. Aliza is open book as novel written frm her point of view. but umer kept under thick layer dark. reader either gets it or completely underestimate calling him introvert. umer is not at all introvert his action and dialogue spoke something we just have to keep mind and heart in place. I always thinks the way I think umer could have thought.. I know its scary but that man call for it..he attracts me to him

Sooo truee... U are similar to me in this aspect.. Umar makes me think soo much abt him... It will be sooo interesting to discuss him with you.. Waiting, waiting for ur review... But dont make me wait for long ...😆