Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: shootingstar.xx

hmm, thanks for sharing your opinion! I am surprised that you think uzma is trying to separate hadi and mahnoor. to be fair, even if uzma wasn't involved in their lives, hadi and mahnoor would have separated at some point. No matter how much hadi loves mahnoor, he also wants love in return. mahnoor may love him deep down, but actions speak louder than words. and mahnoor's actions clearly show that she doesn't love hadi. she loves his attention, not him.
lets say you're right and uzma is trying to destroy hadi and mahnoor's relationship. if that were really true, she wouldn't have stopped writing those love letters. she wouldn't have put so much effort in avoiding him in the morning, during breakfast, at night, etc. why did she throw the key out the window when hadi was locked out of the house? she could've given it to him herself. she won't even touch his box of mithai because she doesn't believe she has the 'right' to do so. this doesn't seem like a girl who wants to destroy a relationship. if she wants to separate them, she is doing a bad job ๐Ÿ˜†

yes, mahnoor represents a lot of women in the real world. that's why mahnoor's character is so great. she is very real. and like real people, she also has her flaws. she seeks attention selfishly. hadi gives her all his attention but she gives him none of hers. he puts more effort in the relationship and that's not how relationships work. both need to give love and attention to one another. both need to put effort. yes you're right, if uzma didn't give her advice, hadi would very pathetically be running after mahnoor (like he ALWAYS does) at some point, a person needs to have some self respect. the 'false advices' that uzma gives hadi is actually very good advice. why should we give importance to people who give no importance to us at all?
we can't really know what uzma's real intentions are but I still think mahnoor is wrong and she is hurting hadi too much. hadi deserves better honestly.
how much is hadi going to do to prove his love to her? I remember that scene when mahnoor wanted gol gappe and he had gotten into an accident and was completely bruised. she just stood there and laughed at him how much patience and love does he have to give her for her to understand? especially considering that they have probably been together for a very long time.

you know what mahnoor's biggest flaw is? it's not her selfishness, it's her hypocrisy. hadi was so faithful to her by keeping his distance from uzma. mahnoor was suspicious of him and didn't trust him. but mahnoor sits in a car with another man, who looks into his eyes while he tells her how beautiful she is and she shows no discomfort or shame. she calls him to pick her up. she makes excuses to go to his house or to see him outside his door. but when hadi becomes suspicious of her, she says she can't be with a man who doesn't trust her? ๐Ÿ˜•

even if uzma has bad intentions (we don't really know that. giving advice doesn't mean she is trying to destroy their relationship), she is still a much better person than mahnoor because she respects hadi and loves him wholeheartedly. whereas mahnoor only loves his attention.
also hadi doesn't have to listen to uzma's advice. no one is forcing him. I think deep down he knows that uzma is right!

And that's how you disagree with a point of view adequately, in a discussion mode, with respect. :))

I agree with you, uzma's respect for hadi does seem quite genuine. Unfortunately some of us girls have a weak heart - once we fall in love, whether the guy is with another girl sometimes doesn't seem to do anything for us - we continue having those feelings. That's what I think they are trying to show with uzma... we can control our actions though to a certain extent - which they did show here. But sometimes it takes much longer for us to decide to back off - as beautifully shown with uzma , for whom it took a bunch of letters and being dissed by hadi to have some sense knocked in.

Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 8 years ago
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Point was made about mahnoor torturing the life out of hadi for being around uzma which wAs for living arrangement related meanwhile she herself was throwing her self on neighbor. What a hypocrite.
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
I think nobody disagrees with the fact that what mahnoor is doing is not right. she is not a complete positive character, she has a lot of flaws. but I find a discussion on uzma's character more interesting - because that's the character that is not outright negative or positive... her flaws are shown in a lot more subtle and vague manner... which is why we have differing opinions on her.

I think she should still distance herself from haadi. because otherwise it will, even if unintentionally, come across as if she is taking mauke ka faida.
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
here's a question for everyone here that I just thought of... we are so quick (including me) on labeling mahnoor as wrong.. and negative... but is she really?

I mean. think about it. this is a girl who is in nikah of this one guy she takes for granted for whatever reason (I am guessing this is how their relationship always was). now she is being fascinated by this other guy, albeit his wealth is a big influence, but still..
our feelings are not in our control.. what do you do when you do end up getting feelings for another guy while in a relationship with another man? I mean yeh, her texting Waqar was wrong - but she was pretty much motivated by her feeling, its pretty much heat of the moment kinda thing..

what would you do if you were in mahnoor's shoes? if you started having feelings for another guy while in nikaah with this other guy who is always running after you but you are unable to take his feelings seriously?

I am not sure what I would do :( suppress my feelings? that would be a marriage of compromise at that point though..

nb: I just realized I could have just edited my above posts with this question ๐Ÿ˜†sorry!
Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 8 years ago
saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it's really nice to see people having different opinions. if we all had the same opinion, there would be no point of this forum na..it would be quite boring then :P
thanks to @prernade's post, i'm being more critical about uzma now.

Originally posted by: Sid4TeamCanada

but I find a discussion on uzma's character more interesting - because that's the character that is not outright negative or positive... her flaws are shown in a lot more subtle and vague manner... which is why we have differing opinions on her.

ooh yes, that's pretty much the best way to describe uzma. and I was thinking the same thing about uzma being weak with her feelings. now after all these discussions, I wonder if she'll become weak again and began getting too close to hadi. if that does happen, we will start to view her as the 'bad' person. but she is just a girl who's not in control of her feelings.
mahnoor is also not in control of her feelings. so she's falling for waqar now. I don't think mahnoor has genuine feelings for waqar like uzma has for hadi but still, mahnoor can't tell herself to stop liking someone.
I guess neither uzma or mahnoor are wrong or negative. I think they are both just complicated. It is pretty cool to see women who are complicated. instead of women who always do the right thing or are always crying in other shows ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by shootingstar.xx - 8 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I can only speak for myself as a married woman that I never ever had that feeling for anyone even though people did try to flirt with me. I never had the urge to flirt back niether did I like the flirtation, I actually used to tell my husband, who laughed it off.
Like all marriages, my marriage has also seen some rough times due to a number of reasons, but never ever did it make me or my husband weak alhumdulilah.
So what Mahnoor is doing is totally unaccepted to me. People do have control, you don't get everything you like, you stop yourself, same goes for the opposite gender.
Same goes for Uzma, she knew hadi was a married man, still blurted out her feelings. You don't go after a married man! Period! Khallas! End of story! That's just wrong on so many levels. People might argue that she was only letting him know of her feelings. WHY! Why did he need to know, men usually are very weak when it comes to women, if it was a guy other than haadi, he would have kept Uzma on the side.
Anyways. Nice discussion going on.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7
Ugh... this is one bekaar show.. Hum really needs to work on the shows they are coming with.. these desperate and chichori khawateen are getting really stupid now๐Ÿคข
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: yamyam

Ugh... this is one bekaar show.. Hum really needs to work on the shows they are coming with.. these desperate and chichori khawateen are getting really stupid now๐Ÿคข

None of the gals r chichori nor desperate here

Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
IMO Mahnoor is a selfish girl who loves herself only. I don't think she has any love for either Hadi or the neighbor. She is more attracted with his wealth.
If she ever loved Hadi, she as a wife cannot laugh at him while he came with all injured and bandage. She didn't show any concerns. That was a very unusual for a wife or girl friend or even for any human being.
She took Hadi for granted, finally she wants to get rid of him.

I want to see she dump Hadi for the neighbor, and the neighbor dump her for the politician's daughter!!!

Uzma on the other side loved Hadi without knowing that he is married, but she should have controlled herself by knowing about his Nikah.

Nice discussions ladies ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Neel_M - 8 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Omg! Anissa and her analogies.
She was talking to her 11-13 year old about hard ball and helmet, lol, I would go crazy if my mom talked like that all the time lol.
anyways loved the episode. Mahnoor ki baigharti khul Kay samne as Gaye hai. Looking forward to the slap that was long over due.