Pakistan Cricket League will bring in Pak celebs as ambassadors

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

'Pakistan Super League' brings cricket and celebrities together

40 international top cricketers (except Indian players) will take part in PSL
Nida Mokhtar Sep 10, 2015 11:37am

Pakistan Cricket Board is all set to gear up the game and its image with full fervor and enthusiasm. After the successful Zimbabwe tour to Pakistan and #CricketComesHome campaign, the Board has another exciting surprise for cricket lovers in the form of Pakistan Super League (PSL).

The PSL tournament is expected to be held in Doha in February 2016. What makes this league exciting and glamorous is that our favorite celebrities of entertainment world will also be associated with PSL.

Unlike IPL, where stars of Tinsel Town own different teams, our celebrities will act as the brand ambassador for their teams. In an exclusive talk with Hip, an official representative revealed that:

"There is going to be five female and five male celebrities and we are going to pair one male celebrity with a female celebrity."

There will be five teams representing five major cities of Pakistan including: Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta, and Peshawar. The matches will be played on T20 format and 40 international players (except Indian players) will take part in the league. The tournament will be launched on September 20th at Expo Center Lahore, where the official logo of the league will be revealed.

"There is a logo launch ceremony on September 20th. It will be a mega event, we have invited celebrities and Pakistan's women cricket team is also going to be there," said an official representative

About the participating players and celebrities who possibly can be a part of this mega event, our source at PCB further said:

"The induction of players is going on. There will be another event in December which will reveal the complete list of players. I cannot reveal the celebrities who are to be brand ambassadors, but I can assure you that they are superstars and most loved celebrities of the country."

While talking about the focal purpose behind this celebrity collaboration, the person said:

"The main purpose is to feel the same excitement and bring back the passion that we once used to exude in 90s. This is to provide something special to Pakistani people and let them celebrate the passion for cricket"

This is indeed a great initiative that will totally change the game of cricket and the way people perceive Pakistani cricket all over the world. Associating celebrities with cricket will bring a new life to a sport our nation is most passionate about.

------------------------------------

Speculations as to which celebrities were chosen are the following -

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
So, this tournament is supposed to be pretty big. And these celebrities will be ambassadors of given teams. Not sure if the celebrities above are all guaranteed but this will definitely bring more attention to cricket...especially for those who wouldn't follow cricket otherwise.
starstruckk thumbnail
I'd say count on these people getting approached for sure whether or not they say yes is a different story -

Atif Aslam
Fawad
Ali Zafar
Shaan
Faisal Qureshi
Imran Abbas
Fahad Mustafa
Danish Taimoor (he's a huge cricket fan..plus, add to the fact that he just gained additional fame due to Wrong No.)
Mahira Khan

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
On September 20th, they're having the launch...and the celebrities are invited. So, I guess we'll be more certain then. I'm excited! This seems very interesting. I like the idea of having celebrities be ambassadors of certain teams.
starstruckk thumbnail
More news -

While talking to MediaSpring Aleena Farooq told that the confirmed names of these celebrities are Ali Zafar, Mahira Khan, Fawad Khan, Humaima Malik, Sabeeka Imam, and Mahnoor Baloch, rest of the names are yet to be finalized.

In Pakistan Super League (PSL) there will be five teams from five major cities of Pakistan; Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta, and Peshawar. It will be a T20 tournament also featuring 40 international players. The tournament is launching on September 20th at Expo Center Lahore, where the official logo of the league is going to be shown.

--------------

ughh please no Sabeeka Imam..who'd want to see her.

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This really seems interesting. I hope they pull it off without creating a mess. Really excited for PSL
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Omggg this is AWESOME news
And now that pak dramas hv viwership abroad since the last one

This will add much more value to the tournament

I m really excited

I also hope they kill it without making a mess