Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
It is strange!! I saw in different sites people were laughing that wn was rreleasing with bin roye..that it will be flop miserably... But it seems reality is different.. So what went wrong with bin roye?it was much hyped and talked..has anyone watched the film?
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

It is strange!! I saw in different sites people were laughing that wn was rreleasing with bin roye..that it will be flop miserably... But it seems reality is different.. So what went wrong with bin roye?it was much hyped and talked..has anyone watched the film?

Marketing/Promotions. ARY is way ahead of that than Hum.. they did great promotions/marketing with Wrong No. and Jalaibee unlike Hum who thought we'd rely on the name of our star cast. Instead of having premieres in different countries, Hum could've spent all that money on actual promotions.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
http://galaxylollywood.com/2014/10/13/box-office-updates-live-1st-week-collections-are-out-operation-021-and-na-maloom-afraad-both-score-big-numbers-galaxy-lollywood-exclusive/
I think it is too early to predict NMA earned less than O21 in first few days however better WOM and a clean run made NMA a hit
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Bajrangi Bhaijaan is beating both.

It seems to be BB > Wrong Number > Bin Roye.

Mahira's starpower didn't come in handy at all here. Not to mention, Bin Roye also had Humayun Saeed...yet Danish Taimoor's film is doing as good, and apparently even better.

I disagree slightly at the Mahira's starpower didn't come in handy at all.. Whatever Bin Roye has earned so far, a lot of the contribution is from Mahira's name considering the film was/is being sold on that not Humayun or Armeena. All of the music launches/premieres/press conferences/media buzz it's been Mahira Mahira Mahira.. people say Mahira Khan ki film aa rahi hai not Humayun Saeed ki so I'd just like to give a little credit to that because Hum has literally put this film only on her shoulders and she's been carrying that with her everywhere.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
BR and WN will not get a clean run as in two weeks time Karachi se Lahore is releasing than two weeks after that Moor, Shah and Dekh Magar Pyar se is releasing
That means both WN and BR have more or less 2-4 weeks to earn, NMA was running even until few months ago
BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

BR and WN will not get a clean run as in two weeks time Karachi se Lahore is releasing than two weeks after that Moor, Shah and Dekh Magar Pyar se is releasing

That means both WN and BR have more or less 2-4 weeks to earn, NMA was running even until few months ago

Samra Muslim just mentioned on twitter that counting all films, the box office on eid was worth over 2 crores which is a great great thing because it should encourage them to set up more cinemas in Pak this way and more money could be earned for films.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Danish Taimoor is practically ignored in Pakistan ' s drama and film fraternity. When Jailibee came out I remember how every actor or actress who went to see the movie..made sure they praised EVERYONE but Danish. I was pretty appalled because Danish genuinely seemed promising from the promos and he's a good actor in my opinion. He was also one of the leads..yet no one bothered about him. Danish also isn't media's darling. No one hypes him. He also isn't as big of a star as Mahira..or even Humayun. Many do not even consider him a star at all...yet his film is doing good and better. Good for him.

Mahira is arguably Pakistans biggest star at the moment. She's a way bigger star than Danish can ever imagine but that didn't make a big difference. If it was going to, Mahira's film should have been doing better..but apparently it isn't. It's a Humtv project. Mahira also got the most praises by the media than any other performer in Bin Roye or Wrong Number. Moreover, BR is based off of a famous novel by Farhat Ishtiaq. These things were supposed to make a difference. People were saying this film will beat Bajrangi Bhaijaan in Pakistan, it isn't even beating WN, let alone BB.

Humtv also picked up its promotions in the past month. They promoted their film on every show that WN promoted itself. They went to a lot of places outside to promote their film as well. ARY only promoted their film while Humtv only promoted its own. None of the other channels promoted these films. Humtv has produced some of the biggest shows in recent times. They're known to cater to a certain sect of audiences...ARY isn't...but once again that did not play a significant part in theaters. Humtv also is shrewd in choosing their favorites as the leads in their major projects...that also didn't matter as much as people expected it to when it came to BO. Wrong number had SOHAI as the leading actress out of all people and people still went and watched the film. Humtv can continue playing their games on television but it doesn't seem to work outside of that. Let's also not forget that this was on Eid...Eid weekend.

Overall, people will go and watch what they want to in theaters It seems. This stardom stuff is more relevant online and within the media I feel. And, Bajrangi Bhaijaan is leading while it was never ever promoted in Pakistan...but people are going to watch it.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

Yea..Wrong Number was looked down upon from the very word go. Look at this forum, no one even cared to tak about it..but people are noticing it in theaters.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Not surprising. BR seemed like the BV of Pakistan. The promos looked so blah.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
ok ...not watching any of the above mentioned movies ...one thing i can say is that noone can beat sallubhai when comes to star power... I adore him and really so anxious so watch the movie...Mahira is one who is sooo overrated and i dont see why???at the same token Danish is under rated. Humayun is good but i do like danish too. If i have to pick out of two paki movies will pick comedy absolutely no rona dhona at all. I think the rank it is in for box office success is right.