Wrong No. is doing better than Bin Roye at the BO?

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Does anyone have the exact numbers?

I keep hearing on the news that Wrong Number is doing better business than Bin Roye at the box office in Pakistan. People from the media on facebook have said the same that WN is doing slightly better than Bin Roye.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wrong No.'s total for first day is about 78 lack while Bin Roye's was around 50. Wrong No. has more screens that Bin Roye. Plus the film started playing in theaters 2-3 days before eid so all that was taken into account as it's first day. Also, the advance booking for Wrong. No started 3 weeks before Bin Roye.
ARY faked Jalaibee's final collections btw, and the account Box Office Detail has been paid off by ARY acc to bloggers on twitter so don't know if we'll ever know the true figures for both films.. Hum is still sleeping.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Wrong No.'s total for first day is about 78 lack while Bin Roye's was around 50. Wrong No. has more screens that Bin Roye. Plus the film started playing in theaters 2-3 days before eid so all that was taken into account as it's first day. Also, the advance booking for Wrong. No started 3 weeks before Bin Roye.

ARY faked Jalaibee's final collections btw, and the account Box Office Detail has been paid off by ARY acc to bloggers on twitter so don't know if we'll ever know the true figures for both films.. Hum is still sleeping.

How could have Wrong Number been released two to three days before? It was released on the same day as Bin Roye?

And, Wrong Number didn't get an international release while Bin Roye did. If the former bagged more screens in Pakistan then that's Hum's fault..and not only that, by bagging more screens, it is doing better.

So, neither ARY or Hum is reporting numbers or results. It's other sources that are claiming that WN is doing better. I was hearing a report by Dunya News (which is neither affiliated with Hum or ARY) that Wrong Number is doing better.

BlackStar. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

How could have Wrong Number been released two to three days before? It was released on the same day as Bin Roye?

And, Wrong Number didn't get an international release while Bin Roye did. If the former bagged more screens in Pakistan then that's Hum's fault..and not only that, by bagging more screens, it is doing better.

So, neither ARY or Hum is reporting numbers or results. It's other sources that are claiming that WN is doing better. I was hearing a report by Dunya News (which is neither affiliated with Hum or ARY) that Wrong Number is doing better.

I said a specific account named box office detail has been paid off by ARY acc to bloggers.. and that ARY faked Jalaibee's collections so not sure if what they themselves tell can be trusted with Wrong No [saw their collections now on the channel myself], not that Wrong No. leading is a lie. It's pretty obvious it has earned more than Bin Roye as that's a general consensus and I haven't denied it at all. I'm only saying what I've read online since I'm not familiar with Box Office that well.

You can read this article, http://galaxylollywood.com/2015/07/19/day-1-box-office-wrong-number-emerges-as-the-winner-while-bin-roye-is-a-close-second/ where it explains more on that and on the 2-3 day before release for Wrong No.

Btw, Bin Roye is doing very well as an international release in UK and North America as well.. not sure what the exact figures are but just read on twitter.

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wrong Number has earned 70 something lakh and bin roye 40 something, they had more or less equal number of shows but way less in comparison to BB
Bin Roye and WN are earning almost equally well in multiplexes however on single screens WN is leading
Internationally I only know about UK first day collection which was 27000 ...which means almost 40 lakh in one day, ...Have no idea about UAE and US
Wrong number is releasing in UK next week but it won't earn much as hype stays only for fews days and festive season would end
The only good thing hum did was simultaneous release world wide otherwise they would have never got same response internationally if it released after few days specially after mixed reviews from pakistan
BlackStar. thumbnail
Breakdown for Bin Roye's first day. Not sure if it's official but seems like it may be.

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

I said a specific account named box office detail has been paid off by ARY acc to bloggers.. and that ARY faked Jalaibee's collections so not sure if what they themselves tell can be trusted with Wrong No [saw their collections now on the channel myself], not that Wrong No. leading is a lie. It's pretty obvious it has earned more than Bin Roye as that's a general consensus and I haven't denied it at all. I'm only saying what I've read online since I'm not familiar with Box Office that well.

You can read this article, http://galaxylollywood.com/2015/07/19/day-1-box-office-wrong-number-emerges-as-the-winner-while-bin-roye-is-a-close-second/ where it explains more on that and on the 2-3 day before release for Wrong No.

Btw, Bin Roye is doing very well as an international release in UK and North America as well.. not sure what the exact figures are but just read on twitter.

I'm still confused about how WN could have released before? ARY always promoted it as releasing on Eid. Even on Nida's morning show, she specifically kept saying it'll release on Eid (her husband is the director, can't see how she'd get it wrong out of all people) so go watch it...so not too sure how this makes sense. As far as I've searched, Galaxy Lollywood is the only source that seems to claim it opened 2 to 3 days before...but no where else and no one else has claimed that.

Can anyone who lives in Pakistan help clarify this maybe?

I read about Bin Roye doing good in UK...haven't heard anything about its performance in North America yet.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
^ BB and WN had opened limited number of shows pre eid however I am not sure if they are included in first day collection
starstruckk thumbnail
Bajrangi Bhaijaan is beating both.

It seems to be BB > Wrong Number > Bin Roye.

Mahira's starpower didn't come in handy at all here. Not to mention, Bin Roye also had Humayun Saeed...yet Danish Taimoor's film is doing as good, and apparently even better.

Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Bajrangi Bhaijaan is beating both.

It seems to be BB > Wrong Number > Bin Roye.

Mahira's starpower didn't come in handy at all here. Not to mention, Bin Roye also had Humayun Saeed...yet Danish Taimoor's film is doing as good, and apparently even better.

BR however would end up earning more than WN as WN didn't get international release.
ARY has learned art of marketing and promotions well, even now they are very active, Hum is totally gayab. They are not even publicising international numbers