Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Dont watch Pakistani shows when it airs there anyways so dont miss Fawad on Pakistani TV. I dont think Fawad misses Pakistani TV either as BW was always his dream and he got into TV as a second option after he couldnt come to India post KKL. Turned out good for him as TV polished him and he was able to effectively cash in.
From what I know most successful Pakistani stars are anyway moving out of TV...those who get a chance towards BW and the rest to Pakistani films. I dont see why Fawad wanting to stay away is seen as a problem while others are applauded from the same. Even in India Sushant/SRK who got good breaks in BW havent turned back to TV.
Edited by .Hajmola. - 9 years ago
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Dont watch Pakistani shows when it airs there anyways so dont miss Fawad on Pakistani TV. I dont think Fawad misses Pakistani TV either as BW was always his dream and he got into TV as a second option after he couldnt come to India post KKL.Turned out good for him as TV polished him and he was able to effectively cash in.

From what I know most successful Pakistani stars are anyway moving out of TV...those who get a chance towards BW and the rest to Pakistani films. I dont see why Fawad wanting to stay away is seen as a problem while others are applauded from the same. Even in India Sushant/SRK who got good breaks in BW havent turned back to TV.

Wow This is news to me. Has he said this any in interview?
Link please would love to listen/read/watch it
I only remember one of his intv in which he said that Pak actors don't get the kind of respect they deserve in BW so he isn't really interested in BW . That was on the launch of his silk brand I guess
Edited by .Sunrise. - 9 years ago
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

Wow This is news to me. Has he said this any in interview?
Link please would love to listen/read/watch it
I only remember one of his intv in which he said that Pak actors don't get the kind of respect they deserve in BW so he isn't really interested in BW . That was on the launch of his silk brand I guess

Yup he said in an interview he was planning to come to India in 2008 post KKL. But had to put a hold on his plans due to 26/11. Like any actor he was always interested in BW. He is living his dream...why should he look back?
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As I obviously don't watch him on Pak TV d Qs of missing him does not arise. Also I think he quit TV much before he started getting BW offers as he really wanted to focus on films, so it's not like the overnight popularity he got after his shows were telecast on Zindagi tht he quit TV. I know he has always been popular, but guess his popularity just increased manifold since the last year or so.😳
Also when ppl say that other actors r juggling both BW as well as Pak TV industry that's commendable too. But another thing is dat Fawad has been able to firmly establish a foothold in BW, and if he's getting the kind of offers so he can be secure abt his BW future, which I guess the others can't.

Disclaimer : I am no die hard Fawad fan I like other actors too.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

As I obviously don't watch him on Pak TV d Qs of missing him does not arise. Also I think he quit TV much before he started getting BW offers as he really wanted to focus on films, so it's not like the overnight popularity he got after his shows were telecast on Zindagi tht he quit TV. I know he has always been popular, but guess his popularity just increased manifold since the last year or so.😳

Also when ppl say that other actors r juggling both BW as well as Pak TV industry that's commendable too. But another thing is dat Fawad has been able to firmly establish a foothold in BW, and if he's getting the kind of offers so he can be secure abt his BW future, which I guess the others can't.

Disclaimer : I am no die hard Fawad fan I like other actors too.

Yup...Fawad quit TV in 2013 itself once he signed KS. That was much before Zindagi channel was conceptualized.
Its not easy to juggle films and TV. Only actors in India who do that are Ronit Roy and Ram Kapoor who play supporting roles in films and manage TV with body doubles. Maybe Pakistani TV is better off due to limited number of episodes. But BW is highly competitive and a person aiming for lead roles has to be focussed. I am sure if other actors got the kind of films Fawad is getting they would quit TV too.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Irrelevant replies to the topic ...

I personally do not miss him at all as I was never much of a fan of him. I think he wasn't contributing much even before...
Edited by PyarayAfzal - 9 years ago
.Sunrise. thumbnail

Yup he said in an interview he was planning to come to India in 2008 post KKL. But had to put a hold on his plans due to 26/11. Like any actor he was always interested in BW. He is living his dream...why should he look back?

Who is saying he should look back or whateva
As I fan he has time n again dissapointed me with his script sense n weight loss as well.
I still love him but Iam not a based fan and will always say about things that dissapoint me. :)
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

Who is saying he should look back or whateva
As I fan he has time n again dissapointed me with his script sense n weight loss as well.
I still love him but Iam not a based fan and will always say about things that dissapoint me. :)

I am not debating your right to express your views. 😆
What I am saying is Pakistani TV industry is doing fine without Fawad and viceversa.
.Sunrise. thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

Irrelevant replies to the topic ...

I personally do not miss him at all as I was never much of a fan of him. I think he wasn't contributing much even before...

I think that is a bit unfair to say that hasn't contributed to the Pak tv industry. Yes he has done only 8 or 9 shows out of which only 4,or 5 were good. But his shows specially humsafar kind off revived Pak Tv and also gave it a global recognition in this generation. iam myself not a fan of humsafar but we can't deny this fact
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Dont watch Pakistani shows when it airs there anyways so dont miss Fawad on Pakistani TV. I dont think Fawad misses Pakistani TV either as BW was always his dream and he got into TV as a second option after he couldnt come to India post KKL. Turned out good for him as TV polished him and he was able to effectively cash in.

It's because pak drama has got huge recognition now and it's a very powerful industry...moving from pak Drana to pak films is not a promotion but demotion as pak films are still yet to get that much viwership and the written content isn't much Rich either like dramas

And no one has any issue with Fawad going bolly...we r very happy n looking forward to future projects but pak dramas are not like Indian daily soaps which u hv to shoot for months after months 16 hrs a day 26 days a week...the shooting ends in two to 3 months and since Fawad won't feature in each n every scene of the show he has to give date for max 1.5 months if he signs a show ...so he can do a show a yr at least

That won't hamper his bolly career

It's for possible to do Indian tv n Indian films simultaneously as Indian soaps hv different requirements but it's possible to do pak drama and Bollywood simultaneously n that's what we are saying here

We don't hv ny problem whatsoever for him getting to bolly but not to forget it's ZINDAGI gulzar HAIN not khoobsuraat which gave him fame in India ...those who went to watch khoobsuraat in hall are all Indian zaroon fans ...so whatever fame he got in India is also for pak dramas