Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhaqONeal thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 hours ago

Originally posted by: meandwho

They drew, the team as well. Boring. Indian women team is now rank 2 after 1 loss 1 draw.

Magnus lost to Feedosev with white pieces..thats making headlines today. Fedosev previously beat Pratham once and dashed his hope for medal. Did a triumphant gesture to rub salt to the wound.

Open tomorrow would be interesting, but I expect a win, as US is doing poorly on all board except 1. Women are playing against china, where Hou/Ju and Tan are not playing...should win

is this chess championship? how long do these games last? do you watch them? do these games have cheerleaders?

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Posted: 2 hours ago

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

is this chess championship? how long do these games last? do you watch them? do these games have cheerleaders?

Its Olympiad. Chess is not part of the olympics, but they host a 11 days olympiad every two year. India(open(men) and women) team has chance to win Gold this time. they won Bronze in 2022.

I watch highlights/end moments. I like Gukesh, I have followed his games since 2021 and I met him irl, so I watch his games. Planning to watch the match commentary for the next two rounds. India is playing USA tomorrow and then possibly Serbia on Sunday. Its ending this Sunday.

Indian yt channel, Chessbase India cheers for our players. They also make some bomb edits(with Punjabi/tamil bgm), on the players.

Edited by meandwho - 2 hours ago