Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

You've already diverted the topic on hand unfortunateTrying to have a discussion does not equate to idol worshipping.
Bringing down an actor's work without seeing their work for Fawad everytime, is plain biasedness. It seems like to say x, y, z can POSSIBLY be better than Fawad is close to blasphemy nowadays. This has genuinely started putting some Fawad fans off for a while now..especially since there are many actors in Pakistan that are in all honesty better than Fawad.

To begin with the topic seems to be an extension of the baggage carried from the other place.So I didn't mind bringing it back here.
@bold-I beg to differ here.I'll be very straightforward...I have liked reading your posts on Zindagi forum and you have always recommended without any bias for any actors..just good shows.But on the thread it was actually shoving down your opinions on others' throats.Even I didn't comply by how people became judgemental of Sanam B performance without watching the whole of it.But that's their opinion and mine was different but still one has got to respect other POV's as well.

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Honestly, I want to know whether or not people here miss seeing Fawad on television. It's fine to bring in other discussions and express your opinions on that etc, but the question I've asked is a valid one and I'd like to know what people feel.

BTW the same goes for sanam Baloch, she has not done any project after kankar, I dont miss her, but if shes back, i will watch.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
An example that I'd like to use here when I say Fawad's lack of interest in Pakistani work is off putting and how that does not equate to his interest in Bollywood being off putting (for any of those who may think this means him working in another industry is a problem).

I'm not a fan of Mahira, never have been but I don't see her doing a film in Bollywood as being a huge issue at all actually. I'm sure Mahira has had other offers post Humsafar from Bollywood or wherever. I'm sure she has had to deny them for whatever reasons..but in between she has done 3 Pakistani films. She signs a film with SRK, and I think that's perfectly okay because who wouldn't sign a film opposite SRK? That's the perfect debut right there. She has this intent to do films/shows wherever she finds necessary based off of content. Who's to say Mahira doesn't care about the money she gets offered for a film in Pakistan? Who's even to say someone like Adeel doesn't care about what he got offered for Ho Mann Jahaan? Adeel is as mainstream as Fawad in all reality (well, maybe a little less). Their contemporaries. I'm sure Adeel wants to make as much money as Fawad if nothing else, but we're flourishing as a film industry and such tantrums need to be suppressed for now at least...but with Fawad there's always some excuse or rumor that something falls short for him to balance work in Pakistan and Bollywood...be it money, quality, too good to be on television now etc. It's just off putting in my opinion. If Mahira can do three Pakistani films and help bring in audiences to Pakistani theaters and then also do a Bollywood film in between..to me that seems like she's just interested in doing work no matter where...and she seems to be trying to do Pakistani films which a lot of our mainstream actors/actresses need to help out with. With Fawad, it's just Bollywood or nothing for now. Bollywood brings in way more money than any Pakistani film..so what are we supposed to make out of that?

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

BTW the same goes for sanam Baloch, she has not done any project after kankar, I dont miss her, but if shes back, i will watch.

Sanam Baloch is doing a morning show Mon-Fri..even if it's stupid she is there 5x a week hosting on ARY. You can still see her on your tv screen if you choose to.
I miss him on Hum TV.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Hey! how are you? I haven't talked to you in a while..hope everything is well!

I was upset also but his lack of interest in Pakistani work seems annoying. Do work in Bollywood, Hollywood, and wherever else but I think it's fair enough to ask you also give some priority to the industry where you originally started from. That has allowed me to feel indifferent to him missing on our screens...and slowly, I've stopped thinking about his presence altogether.

Hellooo! I'm good Alhamdulillah, and yourself?
I miss talking to you and discussing stuff...sigh!
Ditto! Same goes for me..I just don't care anymore?
Pakistani industry is what gave him the name and fame he currently has..and to completely leave it for another industry is not so, well nice? 🤔 I can't think of the word!
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

To begin with the topic seems to be an extension of the baggage carried from the other place.So I didn't mind bringing it back here.
@bold-I beg to differ here.I'll be very straightforward...I have liked reading your posts on Zindagi forum and you have always recommended without any bias for any actors..just good shows.But on the thread it was actually shoving down your opinions on others' throats.Even I didn't comply by how people became judgemental of Sanam B performance without watching the whole of it.But that's their opinion and mine was different but still one has got to respect other POV's as well.

I wasn't the one who diverted this topic. Shabz and you did. The fact that you still find the need to continue talking about the other thread in a thread that really can hold a discussion of its own shows how personal people take discussions around here.
I never shoved down my opinion on anyone. I'm sure the people there are still of the opinion that Fawad Khan is the best actor that Pakistan has ever produced and is the best part about Dastaan even when there are 20+ episodes to go. Having an opinion and sticking with it does not equate to shoving an opinion.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Hellooo! I'm good Alhamdulillah, and yourself?
I miss talking to you and discussing stuff...sigh!
Ditto! Same goes for me..I just don't care anymore?
Pakistani industry is what gave him the name and fame he currently has..and to completely leave it for another industry is not so, well nice? 🤔 I can't think of the word!

Yep, where's the balance? There's so much hype around Fawad because of Zindagi and Bollywood..but as a Pakistani viewer of television and films..what exactly is in it for us? What if I didn't ardently watch Bollywood movies? There's no balance and it's annoying.
starstruckk thumbnail

Humtv needs Umera back. Have Umera write another show (preferably an original script) and Humtv will get another hit of theirs. I don't know how Diyar e Dil or Alvida are doing but maybe they'll bring something to the table for Humtv in coming weeks. Saqday didn't work and even Khalil Ur Rehman's writing and Mahira's starpower couldn't help there.

I really hope Umera's next script is taken up by ARY. I think Umera has done enough for Humtv.
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I wasn't the one who diverted this topic. Shabz and you did. The fact that you still find the need to continue talking about the other thread in a thread that really can hold a discussion of its own shows how personal people take discussions around here.
I never shoved down my opinion on anyone. I'm sure the people there are still of the opinion that Fawad Khan is the best actor that Pakistan has ever produced and is the best part about Dastaan even when there are 20+ episodes to go. Having an opinion and sticking with it does not equate to shoving an opinion.

Have much better work to do than arguing over certain x,y,z actors who are nowhere close to my existence.
I REST MY CASE.