Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: natz

Aren't they an indicator of who people want to see on TV?

Are you seriously suggesting that Fawad not doing television anymore has decreased ratings?
natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^No. I'm saying a large number of people don't want to see who/ what's on TV these days.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: natz

^No. I'm saying a large number of people don't want to see who/ what's on TV these days.

So, people don't want to see Saba Qamar, Mahira Khan, Mikaal, Adeel Hussain, Sanam Saeed, Ahsan Khan, Maya Ali, Aamin Sheikh, Ayesha Khan, Osman Khalid Butt, Imran Abbas, Faisal Qureshi, Sanam Jung etc on television? You do realize that these people are currently on our television screens or have been recently over the past few months. And, these are the same actors viewers actually look forward to seeing onscreen?

I still don't see what you're trying to imply here apart from somehow hinting that no Fawad on television equates to no point in watching whoever or whatever else is on television. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the question of ratings has to do with this thread. Ratings never equated to substance by the way. And, if we were to talk about channel ratings..then apart from Humtv, everyone else is doing fine. When it comes to Fawad, he has 3 hits to his credit and they all belonged to Humtv. He doesn't have a single hit on any other channel. ZGH and Dastaan were huge on content and starcast. Everything and everyone else was much bigger than one mere actor in these respective shows. Even if someone else other than Fawad was in these shows, who's to say these shows would've tanked? An Umera show is a hit at the very least regardless of the starcast. During Dastaan, Fawad was a nobody. In regards to Humtv, they lack content these days. Most of their big hits recently apart from Humsafar are Umera's written shows. Umera is not writing at the moment, and that's a huge setback for Humtv as she was only giving her content to Humtv..not ARY or Geo etc. So, out of our channels..Humtv is the one who's facing the lowest ratings and that has more to do with Fawad. None of the other channels are in the same situation. And, if we were to go by ratings being some kind of indicator for what people want to watch then Saba Qamar's Digest Writer is one of the biggest hits of this year. A bigger hit than Sadqay for Humtv. Goes to show you what our audiences actually prefer. No star is bigger than the content of the show...neither was Fawad or else Ashk and Numm would actually be worth talking about.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
The ratings of current shows is not bad at all. The recent show chup raho ended on a trp of 9 same as ZGH and chup raho had no FK or MK, the only big star in it was Sajjal Ali but Ary didnt make a big issue of it like hum. Hum has the habbit of staying in a hangover of one hit show and then then the channel as a whole suffers.
Bottom line is : The audience doesn't really care about the actors if the whole package is good they will watch.
And Pak dramas are doing a decent job currently I think the start of 2015 has been good.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

The ratings of current shows is not bad at all. The recent show chup raho ended on a trp of 9 same as ZGH and chup raho had no FK or MK, the only big star in it was Sajjal Ali but Ary didnt make a big issue of it like hum. Hum has the habbit of staying in a hangover of one hit show and then then the channel as a whole suffers.
Bottom line is : The audience doesn't really care about the actors if the whole package is good they will watch.
And Pak dramas are doing a decent job currently I think the start of 2015 has been good.

Aunn Zara had Osman and Maya as the leads and aired on APlus, yet it was one of the biggest hits of 2013. It's not always about having a huge starcast. People do genuinely give good shows a chance. The problem is that directors and producers need to bring good content forward.

Humtv is lame. They have this weird obsession with ratings, a few of their actors who they consider their poster children, Umera, etc etc. They are so dependent on certain people in order to maintain this image of theirs.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Abby why are you comparing different serials?
Kiran was no less but did she deserved to be abused? Did she deserved to be hit? Did she deserved to be pushed when she was expecting and lose her baby?? If these are not enough reason for divorce than what should be the reason?

All the reason for divorce, once a husband has resorted to violence he will never go back, they say they are sorry, they ask for forgiveness, they bring the wives gifts the next day, but they always go back to physical abuse...and these are facts, look up cases, in some situations the wives were killed, because they forgave their husbands.
I am so glad Umera tackled this subject...and I am so glad Kiran never went back to sikander...there should be more dramas like kankar and Udaan, where they showed the women strong and standing up to their decision.
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
nope,.. i dont...

i loved his show 'Humsafar'[thanks to his chemistry with Mahira and freshnes of PH]...
beside that nothing good is on his account..
for me ZGH n Daastaan was more of Sanams' dramas...
watched Num n Pyaar ka PagalPan.. hec..he sucked big time!

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -AppleOfMaEye-

nope,.. i dont...

i loved his show 'Humsafar'[thanks to his chemistry with Mahira and freshnes of PH]...
beside that nothing good is on his account..
for me ZGH n Daastaan was more of Sanams' dramas...
watched Num n Pyaar ka PagalPan.. hec..he sucked big time!

blasphemy 😆
You brought back this topic and now we shall have round 2 of the never ending debate. 🤣
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I m watching akbari asghari in ZINDAGI again and LMAO I jus can't imagine Fawad playing that role to perfection
And Imran humaima look so good together

Humaima must hv done something to her face now coz in akbari asghari she looks so beautiful

And I can't thank haissham Hussain Enuf for giving us three masterpieces with Fawad Sanam baloch...my all time fav pair
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -shabz-

blasphemy 😆
You brought back this topic and now we shall have round 2 of the never ending debate. 🤣

NO MORE DEBATE

FAWAD HAS GONE PAST THIS PHASE

HE IS TOO HIGH UP THERE NOW ALHAMDULILLAH and his fans r equally secure Enuf not to indulge in such petty debates to prove how AMAZING and versatile he is

It has been proved time n again

So Fawad hv nothing to debate about or justify anything regarding his calibre or popularity

He is in an enviable position now by the grace of Allah and hope he continue s