Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Abby why are you comparing different serials?
Kiran was no less but did she deserved to be abused? Did she deserved to be hit? Did she deserved to be pushed when she was expecting and lose her baby?? If these are not enough reason for divorce than what should be the reason?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

How come Farida's condition was worse than Kiran?and Digest Writer is
not Umera's script. Are you siding with Sikandar because he was not
shitty faced but according to you Shaukat was so Farida should have
taken divorce but kiran shouldn't have. In my opinion Farida should have
also taken divorce.

No I m not siding with sikandar I m saying if they had to justify the divorce in kankar they shud hv shown sikandar to b a far worse man to justify that...other than the anger issue he was perfect whereas gals endure so many more shit from their hubbies but still compromise

If the story of kankar was to show women not tolerating shit from hubbies then show the hubby in that light...don't show him as a loving loyal hubby who was helpless in his own anger issues and wanted someone to understand him n show the right path instead of a over sensitive overeating wife who goes away to her maayika at the drop of a hat every time there is a small argument and don't even inform him

If kiran tolerated sikandar so did he tolerated her nakhras
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Abby why are you comparing different serials?
Kiran was no less but did she deserved to be abused? Did she deserved to be hit? Did she deserved to be pushed when she was expecting and lose her baby?? If these are not enough reason for divorce than what should be the reason?

The losing of the baby was equally her fault

Sikandar didn't push her intentionally she provoked him with her constant bickering and made him seem like he is committing a big crime jus coz he was too tired to go to the dawat...if she was so concerned abt the child itna uchaal kiyu raha hain for the dawat...he didn't stop her from going to the sisters house...she had the car the driver...not as if she needed a man to accompany her for her safety...she cud hv jus attended the dawat herself n made an excuse for sikandar ...what was the point to keep on crying cribbing on sikandars head when he wanted to take rest n hv some peace after a hard days work

Geez give the hubby a break
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

No I m not siding with sikandar I m saying if they had to justify the divorce in kankar they shud hv shown sikandar to b a far worse man to justify that...other than the anger issue he was perfect whereas gals endure so many more shit from their hubbies but still compromise

If the story of kankar was to show women not tolerating shit from hubbies then show the hubby in that light...don't show him as a loving loyal hubby who was helpless in his own anger issues and wanted someone to understand him n show the right path instead of a over sensitive overeating wife who goes away to her maayika at the drop of a hat every time there is a small argument and don't even inform him

If kiran tolerated sikandar so did he tolerated her nakhras

What was in Kiran that Sikandar was tolerating? that she went to 'her parent's home' for 'her sister's mehendi' without 'his permission' (but she 'told his mother'), from where Sikandar called her back and even then she apologized for that. This is what Sikandar tolerated?

On the other hand, she was tolerating verbal and physical both abuses. Aur kitna bura dikhatay?

And if you are blaming Kiran for miscarriage then it means you have the same thought at the back of your mind that if a woman argues then it is alright for a man to raise his hand and see kiran was arguing so of course sikandar raised his hand so Kiran is to blame for it. Sikandar did not have any right to raise his hand and he did, so he is solely to blame for this.

And why did Sikandar raise his hand for the first time? What did Kiran do then?
Edited by PyarayAfzal - 9 years ago
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think we have gone through these argument many times before on this forum. Even in kankar days there were arguments about it everywhere.

According to me, the whole point of Kankar was that women should not take shit, so the argument that Sikandar should have been shown much worse does not fulfill this premise. I think even the first thappar justified the divorce, at least the question of divorce could have been raised at that time. Then later on they showed that Kiran gave Sikandar chances, so that shows that Kiran did compromise and tried changing Sikandar.
Edited by PyarayAfzal - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

What was in Kiran that Sikandar was tolerating? that she went to 'her parent's home' for 'her sister's mehendi' without 'his permission' (but she 'told his mother'), from where Sikandar called her back and even then she apologized for that. This is what Sikandar tolerated?

On the other hand, she was tolerating verbal and physical both abuses. Aur kitna bura dikhatay?

And if you are blaming Kiran for miscarriage then it means you have the same thought at the back of your mind that if a woman argues then it is alright for a man to raise his hand and see kiran was arguing so of course sikandar raised his hand so Kiran is to blame for it. Sikandar did not have any right to raise his hand and he did, so he is solely to blame for this.

And why did Sikandar raise his hand for the first time? What did Kiran do then?

It wasn't the mehendi

It was the time when sikandar was waiting for her in her college for hours and madamji was sitting at her parents home on some petty argument n didn't even bothered to inform him that she is not at college whereas she knows sikandar comes to pick her up everyday Inspite of her busy schedule

I m not saying sikandar had the right to raise hand on her in any circumstance...but divorce is always the last option...they shud hv shown other options a girl can undertake to mk a stand for herself in her in laws place without getting divorced n mk th hubby hv a test of their own medicine

Don't only show being a doormat n compromise or divorce

Not the true extreme

Show a mid way to save the marriage but not tolerate shit either which is the solution every Asian gal wants to know n kankar cud hv shown it but multiple people raising voice for sikandar itself shows they cudnt justify the divorce

Originally posted by: Usman.

^Not only men Hina but women also. When kankar was being aired you should have read comments on Umera's fb page. There were ladies who were saying that she is promoting divorce through this drama... and those women said that Sikandar should have been forgiven.

I feel angry and sad for them at the same time. Its our society that teaches us and feeds our minds to think that its normal for a man to treat a woman like that.
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I feel really sad to read some of the comments here.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

The losing of the baby was equally her fault

Sikandar didn't push her intentionally she provoked him with her constant bickering and made him seem like he is committing a big crime jus coz he was too tired to go to the dawat...if she was so concerned abt the child itna uchaal kiyu raha hain for the dawat...he didn't stop her from going to the sisters house...she had the car the driver...not as if she needed a man to accompany her for her safety...she cud hv jus attended the dawat herself n made an excuse for sikandar ...what was the point to keep on crying cribbing on sikandars head when he wanted to take rest n hv some peace after a hard days work

Geez give the hubby a break

I am sorry Abby but for me you're not making sense. So, you've a pre-planned event and some one backs out at the last moment. You're definitely going to get angry. Any women in Kiran's place would've done the same.
Abby nothing justifies physical abuses.. You're treating anger management issue as a 'minor' thing which imo is absolutely wrong. I have a close one who went all through this and trust me it is not easy when you're hurled abuses on the drop of the hat.
I liked for the fact that Umera did not show Kiran life became a bed of roses after a divorce. She had to struggle in a lot of ways. So, the writer tried to showcase that divorce is a big thing and life does not becomes too easy after it.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago
-Daredevil- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No, i dont miss him either... Yes... When some people actually bring up how good he was in his dramas, then only i do remember that fawad khan hasnt picked any good pakistani projects, other than that, our new talents that are on the rise are giving us a show of the life time... So not really...