Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -Kashmiri-

Daam actually had higher ratings than Dastaan :) Sanam Baloch's best shows, other than Dastaan, were all UA shows.

@Abby Honestly speaking, I think Aamina and Sanam S. dont get as many good offers as "prettier" actresses but they do well regardless and deserve credit for that. Sajjal is a good actress but does not have any script sense and does way too many shows. Saba does a lot too but I wouldn't say she doesn't have many offers. Most shows these days are pretty crappy. I'd like to see Saba in good movies.

Instead of seeing Saba in wannabe lollywood movies or c grade Bollywood movies I wud v more than happy to see her in two good shows a year Luke digest writer n bunty I love you

Everyone is not as lucky as Fawad as to strike gold in Bollywood

She herself said in HSY she got Bollywood offers but all b grade or c grade movies

Given how big and vast pak drama Indus try has become last one year Saba really doesn't hv to b despo to b in movies and shift from shows

Yes the content if shows are repetitive now but that doesn't mean good shows hv stopped coming

I don't want Saba to go out of sight out of mind by running after pak movies or lower league Bollywood movies which has no viwership ...rather than do one or two IMPACTFUL dramas like digest writer every year which the whole world will watch and praise her

I don't want the main gems of pak industry to quit when the world has finally started to take notice of pak dramas
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nope... I think Daam was in 2010 as well (at least as per wikipedia), which is quite surprising because as per wikipedia dates, daam and daastan were going on at the same time. I persoanlly think Daam was a bigger hit than Daastan as I and people around me were following Daam. I watched Daastan later on online.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

Nope... I think Daam was in 2010 as well (at least as per wikipedia), which is quite surprising because as per wikipedia dates, daam and daastan were going on at the same time. I persoanlly think Daam was a bigger hit than Daastan as I and people around me were following Daam. I watched Daastan later on online.

Yeah u r right

Daam n daastan used to air simultaneously

N Daam got higher ratings but dastaan used to get high ratings too

Then came shehwar pyaar ka pagalpan akbari asghari
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Yeah dastaan was in 2010

then came humsafar shehwar Daam kuch pyaar ka pagalpan in 2011

I doubt Daam being a 2011 show..🤔 U watched it at that time ?
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^ oh yeah so Daam n Dastaan came together.. Daam is of Geo na ? N Dastaan of Hum..?
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nope Daam belongs to ARY and yes Daastan belongs to Hum.

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Shehwar was a huge huge huge hit...hum was surprised by the high trps of shehwar

Kankar wasn't as big hit as everyone expected but still it was a hit

Everyone expected kankar to b another humsafar humsafar or zgh ...there was too much high hopes attached to it n hence when it Cudnt break all trp charts it was considered a dud but it wasn't ...it ensue get it's fair share of trps n fame

Thats because theres always huge expectations with Umera lol. But durre shahwar is apparently one of her weaker scripts.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Durr e shalwar was one of my fav show.
Out of sight out of mind. Fawad is good no doubt about it. he is at the hight of his career and should pick more projects be it Indian or Pakistani. he should cash out on it. Make the most of the fame and the few years he has before some newcomer takes over limelight.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Thats because theres always huge expectations with Umera lol. But durre shahwar is apparently one of her weaker scripts.

Shehwar was her most realistic script

It wasn't a show

It was something else altogether

And Sanam baloch Nadia jamil sameena peerzada and haisshams direction took this show to another level altogether

No wonder it was such a superhit show

Even ZINDAGI viwers were shaken seeing shehewar
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Daam and Dastaan aired at the same time in 2010. Daam used to air on Fridays on ARY at 8 pm while Dastaan used to air at 8 pm on Humtv. I watched both these shows when they were airing..and Daam was the bigger hit. It was always Daam, and then Dastaan as per the TRPs, number 1 and 2 respectively.

I personally think Sanam Baloch has the most memorable performances out of her contemporaries. I tthink ratings aside, many of her performances are actually memorable.And memorable performances in my opinion are better than bagging the highest TRPs to ever happen. Kankar and Durre Shahwar in my opinion were decent scripts at best, but the actors made it memorable. Sanam Baloch has bagged an Umera script four times - pretty commendable if you ask me. She's arguably the best writer we have in today's time..and every time, Sanam has done well. You have some actresses that despite bagging an Umera script, ruin the show somewhere down the line. With Saba Qamar - she works a lot. She gets her share of great scripts too. The thing with her is she's so natural and effortless. Every role of hers, be it big or small, seems to have sparks because of her acting chops. She's the only actor who can even shine in a bad show. Not to mention, she took up Hum Sab Umeed Se Hain - and that is something no one but her could've done. That has only helped her become more and more successful and recognized amongst audiences. I was watching her on Noor's morning show a while back, and Noor too hosted this show and she said she could never take up the mimicry roles on that show because they were so hard. The lines that you have to memorize for Hum Sab Umeed Se Hain can not be improvised and have to be exactly the same as per the writer. Noor said everyday she wondered how Saba would do it..it's something you can only be naturally gifted with. Mehwish is an alright actress, but I don't think she cares much enough to prove herself. She seems content with whatever item numbers she's taking up.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago