Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Raindrops.

Fawad may not be the be all end all of our Industry but he is surely one important member just like Mahira, Hamza, Adeel, Sanam, Amina, Saba, Faisal, Fahad. Each of them have their own place and none can replace the other.

Yes I do miss Fawad and all actors who aren't working on dramas for one or the other reason
With respect to drama writer and director are so much more important so I am missing Umera Ahmad, Haissam and Sarmad so much more without these people we would have never have gotten such amazing work. These people need to comeback
Not just FK now everyone is more interested in doing films although they are doing Pakistani films but still I feel a bit of a vaccum in drama industry

Except Hamza, Sanam Baloch and Aamina..everyone else is still doing television. The vacuum has more to do with a lack of brilliant ideas than a lack of actors. Mahira's starpower can't save a Saqday because the show in its entirety sucks..and neither would've Fawad. As I said, he too has flops to his name.

Fawad isn't interested in doing anything in Pakistan anymore..apart from the usual photoshoots or commercials for obvious reasons - quick money. It'd be unfair for us to expect all the current actors to not balance work between television and films. I'm excited that Adeel got a film, he deserves it. I'm glad that Fahad tries balancing films and tv by acting in shows and producing it. Sanam Saeed is doing both films and shows..Hamza even said he'll take up a show or two here and there when he feels the content is good. Even someone like Gohar Rasheed has done so many films and only films but now he's taking up lead roles in tv shows. Granted he's not a Fawad, but the intent is there. What would make someone who's always getting a role in every other film take up a tv shows also? That's because Pakistani tv shows are as good as watching films in our country. Hopefully the actors that are trying to balance this, continue doing that.
starstruckk thumbnail
Aamina actually just did Jackson Heights..so scratch her out.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

That is a misconception that Humsafar revived Pak Industry, I believe till humsafar Pakistani audience had already reached to the point where they had started watching Pakistani dramas again.. at least I and my family were already watching Pak dramas and I believe this is one of the reason Humsafar was such a hit.

Secondly Humsafar and ZGH were not fawad's serials, he was a good casting option and that is it. Fawad is not a bad actor, he is good like many other actors such as hamza, zahid, adeel etc., they have all given us hit serials and his contribution to Pak industry is similar to all these other actors, nothing special. I personally never felt that I am missing much on Pak TV screen.

Btw Fawad has three hit serials and one good telefilm on his credit. All his other shows such as KPKP, akbari asghari, ashk, numm, and the shows even before humsafar were flops or average at best.

Yeah Fawad did not revive our dramas. That's a huge misconception. Humtv back in 2005 did. Further, MZZB and Umera's scripts in general gave it another boost midway.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: starstruckk

To say that tv actors never turn back to television once they star in films is different in India and in Pakistan. In India television is secondary to films meanwhile in Pakistan, it's the reverse. You can't compare a Sushant going from Indian tv to Bollywood films with a Fawad going from Pakistani serials to Bollywood films. There's so much up for debate in that sentence alone. Fawad owes 95% of his success to Pakistani television while Sushant could probably care less about television. Fawad is from a different industry altogether. He has yet to sign a full fledged project in Pakistan in the past 2 years, let alone a tv show. As I said earlier, not everyone is an ardent fan of Bollywood in Pakistan. For some people he may be close to gone in Pakistan since he's no where in television or films.

And Fawad never said his "dream" was Bollywood. He said post KKL he did want to go to Bollywood for work that was offered to him, but it never worked out because of certain issues.

I do disagree with some points in the earlier posts but this post I agree 100%...

In India films are much bigger than tv And once u enter films u can hardly do soaps

But in pak drama industry is too big and powerful compared to pak films and the small roles in Bollywood

So sushant leaving tv can't be compared with Fawad leaving tv

Coz khoobsuraat didn't hv the impact the way zgh had on India

Whatever money khoobsuraat made half of its credits goes to zgh

in the previous posts it mentioned abt Fawad charging too much money and to some extent it's the truth ...also he was the first one who charges fees per scenE whereas other actors charge per episode

except for Fawad I hvnt heard money issues regarding any other pak actor n actress

I m a very big fan of Fawad but what's true is true

I m sure he can't throw all these monetary tantrums in India

So why mk the home producers suffer

I know many don't credit Fawad for humsafar or zgh saying they wud hv been still awesum if some other actors played Asher n zaroon...n even though I hv innumerable favourite actors in pak industry by now I still can guarantee no other actor cud hv portrayed ashaer n zaroon as Fawad did ...Which swept us all off our feet...period...this much credit we all know he deserves doesn't much how much others disagree

Plus I also don't feel he is disinterested in pak industry ...as I said before...he is too lazy ...otherwise he cud hv done two pak shows by now ...now he doesn't want to act for money coz hE has already earned so much ...now he jus wants to work for his own satisfaction or fun...not as a routine which fahad also said in hsy that why he doesn't feel like shooting for dramas anymore ...to some extent I can relate to that mental phase of stars once they become a bit too successful the way Fawad and fahad has become But it's equally important to stay grounded hv the hard-working stinct in tact like Imran Abbas AHSAN fq nauman ejaz has...they are very big stars but still know where their roots are n still working as hard as newcomers

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

exactly...I hate these discussions, are you watching dastaan for fawad or SB? Dastaan is much larger than these two...samina peerzada was phenomenal, ahsan khan, saba qamar, khayam sarhadi👏, there is hardly any discussions about the show in the thread, it wasnt like that in the first few pages, but now its just fans going at each other😕...lately I have seen that here as well...a new actor is being praised here left and right and fans are reminding me of the soap forums i used to detest.😭

their discussion reminds me of dd vs gc or dd vs si arguments...nahi dd best nahi sanaya best..nahi gc best 😆
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I think dat is a little unfair. Der is one thread where we discuss ZGH nd it can't be helped tht it proved to be such a show tht we end up still discussing abt it. Der's a Fawad AT nd yes der's a Sanam Saeed discussion thread ( couldn't open an AT, d mods closed it saying we cldn't hv ATs in d forum). Other than that whenever a new show starts someone or the other opens a thread for it and it becomes the DT, but usually d discussion doesn't go beyond a few pages.

I know I generalized the whole forum 😳, but in the first glance it is looking like that, and I have seen your topic on ZGH, its a discussion, I dont mind them,I have always enjoyed your comments, be it here or Big boss forum, I am talking about the endless FF( if thats what its called) that are made all with either zaroon kashaf or asher khirad, i think there should be a separate place for them.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
what I really miss is Umera ahmed...she brought TV back...I wish she writes another block buster, and then it doesnt matter who plays the lead role, if the director is good, he/she will bring out the performances, but I hope Fawad comes back if the script is awesome, I will defo watch.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

seeing ur cooments i went to zindegi forum and opened dastan discussion forum...i m shocked..i mean i know that forum only discusses and praises mainly sanam saeed and fawad khan...but just to prove that fawad is best ( which he really is) they need to prove a versatile actress like sanaim baloch a bad actress?? i mean seriously!! i was waiting to see dastans response but all i can see there is sanam balooch vs fawad khan discuusion!! really!! is it a matter of disscussion!! we all know that how good actor fawad is!! but for that sanam balooch really needed to be demeaned like this?

Exactly. See nobody minds if you like Fawad or Sanam S and you like talking about them and you like appreciating them. Nobody even minds if you do not like other actors, it is your choice after all .. but it seriously gets really irritating when in some other actor's thread someone posts a comment like ''according to me this actor is the best actor" and you are actually so insecure that you have to prove that "no how dare you call this actor a best actor .. fawad is best or sanam saeed is best". And when you ask them .. acha how many dramas of this other actor you have watched then the reply is like .. ohh I watched him in this drama only. I mean for God's sake.. then it really pisses one off .. then even if you like Fawad as an actor, you start bashing him 😊 (Although I have never bashed fawad) .. phir aap ko yeh hota hai yaar aap nai fawad or sanam s kai do dramay kia daikh liye..aap ko extreme fawad aur sanam s mania ho gaya hai.. at least improve your range first and then talk .. for example nikaal lain aap fawad ka pehla "jutt and bond", sanam saeed ka pehla "daam", aur phir compare karain usay SB kai pehlay "kalak" sai aur FQ kai pehlay "boota from toba taik singh sai" ya FQ ki pehli movies sai.., aur phir baat karain, kaun best actor hai aur kaun nahin hai. You then start comparing between Fawad, Sanam S and other actors, which I personally do not like to do. I mean if you like someone, or if you think a particular actor is best, then it is your choice par itna extremism kai aap kisi aur actor ki tareef bardasht hi na karain.. that is ridiculous (This happened on FQ's thread on Zindagi forum btw).
Edited by PyarayAfzal - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Agree hums afar didn't revive oak tv but it gave the drama industry bs huge kickstart n a huge recognition worldwide I m not a hums afar fan but I jus can't deny the impact it had in making oak dramas recognized on international scale

Sometimes I wish dastaan Akbari asghari kuch pyaar ka pagalpan released after hums afar then these shows cud hv got way more recognition popularity and viewership

I won't say people started watching dramas after hums afar but it deco pal drama industry to a much much bigger heights and gave the producers and actors a head up to flourish the industry nmore which indeed happened
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

Exactly. See nobody minds if you like Fawad or Sanam S and you like talking about them and you like appreciating them. Nobody even minds if you do not like other actors, it is your choice after all .. but it seriously gets really irritating when in some other actor's thread someone posts a comment like ''according to me this actor is the best actor" and you are actually so insecure that you have to prove that "no how dare you call this actor a best actor .. fawad is best or sanam saeed is best". And when you ask them .. acha how many dramas of this other actor you have watched then the reply is like .. ohh I watched him in this drama only. I mean for God's sake.. then it really pisses one off .. then even if you like Fawad as an actor, you start bashing him 😊 (Although I have never bashed fawad) .. phir aap ko yeh hota hai yaar aap nai fawad or sanam s kai do dramay kia daikh liye..aap ko extreme fawad aur sanam s mania ho gaya hai.. at least improve your range first and then talk .. for example nikaal lain aap fawad ka pehla "jutt and bond", sanam saeed ka pehla "daam", aur phir compare karain usay SB kai pehlay "kalak" sai aur FQ kai pehlay "boota from toba taik singh sai" ya FQ ki pehli movies sai.., aur phir baat karain, kaun best actor hai aur kaun nahin hai. You then start comparing between Fawad, Sanam S and other actors, which I personally do not like to do. I mean if you like someone, or if you think a particular actor is best, then it is your choice par itna extremism kai aap kisi aur actor ki tareef bardasht hi na karain.. that is ridiculous (This happened on FQ's thread on Zindagi forum btw).

u just said it all