Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zayana123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Arnav's plan is working... I love it... How His ASR persona is coming out for destroying vikrant.. I love his character here.. khusi is doing her bit.. Hope arnav plan will not backfire him. I live your writing style 4 this story. You r brilliant...
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's good to see Arnav and Khushi winning in their plan's as yet...but the evil Vikranth is not going to give up and he still has Anuj Raizada with him and that worries me alot, especially when he is also planning to stop Arnav by hurting him where it hurts more...so he is ether going to go for Arnav's Khushi's or Manyata's lives.. I don't want to see any of the Raizada's get hurt or loose their lives any more..
Can't wait for the next chapter already...

P.S: The doctor is acting very very suspicious, Is he up to something or may be hiding something worse about Anjali
Edited by jyothirockz - 9 years ago
TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Man this is getting more intense by the day!
Can't wait for the final blow!

Cheers
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome chapter...thanks for the PM
swethaj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Have just started reading your study! It's lovely!! It's got me intrigued! Please PM me when you next update! Looking forward for the next update! The story is so intense right now, can't wait to see what happens next! I just hope that son-of-a-bitch Vikrant dies a painful death, and Arnav shouldn't be harmed. Even he needs a chance to see what is happiness and love and not just a taste of it!
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Fabulous update
Loved it
Thanks for the pm
tuli_jayee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
It's been already 14 long days . Where are you ????????? Eagerly waiting for the update.
uv-crazyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

ArHi FF: Yeh Saali Zindagi

Chapter 35

14th August, 2014

Interlocking the fingers of his hands together, Arnav stretched them behind over his head, pillowing the back of his head on it as his eyes stared up at the horizon dubiously. Not really focusing on his surroundings, his mind reverted back to the day he had gotten married.

The hate and childish anger he had felt then for being forced into marrying Khushi looked petty to him, making him smile sheepishly remembering their first argument a day after the ceremony, where they had mocked each other, reaching to a compromise of living under one roof for the sake of appearances.

He remembered witnessing the first interaction between Manyata and Khushi, watching the absolute happiness that lit his daughter's face as she talked to the woman she presumed to be her mother.

He remembered everything- their laughter, their smile, the peace and serenity settling around the house along with the growing attraction between him and Khushi as they got to know each other actually.

And their confession, he concluded with a smug smile. The irony of the situation didn't escape his mind that he got everything he wished for through a relationship he was forced into. Maybe he shouldn't have wished for anything.

Maybe he shouldn't have let anything happen. Because if he hadn't let Khushi Kumari Gupta barrel into his life wrecking everything around, he never would have known the real happiness and pleasure that his f**ked up life could still offer to him.

Then, maybe he would not have felt the pain or hesitation into distancing himself from the life he had lived till now.

Sprawled on a thin blanket on the terrace of his office, Arnav craved the comfort and warmth of his bed, the lingering presence of his wife and daughter beside him. He missed the laughter and sweet moments he shared with Manyata along with the kisses he shared with Khushi, burning his lips even now.

He knew that his life is in danger yet he was scared only of the fact that he might not feel and witness any of the loving moments with his family anymore. Six years ago, he wouldn't have felt this apprehension.

But now, he did. There were people for whom his presence mattered much. Hell, they needed him.

Is it right to decide that his presence in their life isn't as important as the assurance of their life? As long as he was with them, he will do everything to protect them but he might not be there for help always. Yes, it is right decision, nonetheless a painful one.

Still it didn't make anything easier for him.

"It never had." Arnav muttered, his lips curling in a self-depreciating smile as his heart recalled everything he had to forsake in his life till now, but he never regretted giving up on anything because his love for his family held more importance to him. Giving up the two people who owned his heart tore him into pieces but he was still trying to do it. If only his wife could let it go.

Rolling his eyes as his phone buzzed, the lit up screen indicating the arrival of a new message, Arnav rolled to his side, picking up his phone to see the four words composing the newly arrived message that dripped of desperation, sadness and longing.

"Are you coming home?" Khushi had asked.

Not bothering to reply to her question, Arnav looked up at the endless horizon again, watching a new beginning of the day fuse colors into the remaining darkness of the previous night, creating a memorable contrast. As he blinked his eyes, his phone buzzed again, making him look at it in exasperation.

Unlocking the screen, he clicked on the unread message and sucked in a breath the moment his eyes read it, his mind scrambling to make sense of each word.

"I would rather spend few more moments with you than not seeing you at all, no matter what is going to happen tomorrow, Arnav."- It read. Blinking his eyes as the screen of his phone blurred, words overlapping each other, he leaned back, closing his eyes with a sincere smile stretching his lips wide. Pressing his fingers against the corner of his eyes to stop the tears from escaping, he scrambled to his feet, patting his hands over his wrinkled clothes.

Picking up his bag, he descended down the stairs, hurrying towards the exit of his office, a sudden energy running through his body, his mind intent on completing plans for today so that he can go home early.

Looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was watching him, Shyam slid inside the room ahead, closing the door behind him softly. Leaning against it, his eyes slid over to the hospital bed in the middle of it, a pale slender body resting there, various machines attached to it, beeping occasionally as the current status of the patient flashed on the screen.

With a grimace, he closed his eyes momentarily, remorse and pain shadowing his heart. His hands fisted at his sides as his gaze clung to a barely alive Anjali, breathing through the oxygen mask, torturing him.

Closing the distance between them, Shyam sat on the foot of the bed, his fingers resting on her covered leg as he stared at her in despair. Stroking his fingers lightly over her leg, he whispered "Anjali, wake up sweetheart."

Waiting for a few moments while nothing happened, he raised his hand, grabbing her white, icy hand as he persisted "You are scaring us all, Anjali. Please don't do this. Just wake up. I will do anything you want. But for it, you need to open your eyes."

Looking down, Shyam struggled for words before continuing in a broken voice "You know I didn't mean the words I said to you right? I could never hate you. I always loved you. It kills me, Anjali, seeing you lying there, not saying anything. Not fighting with me. I miss you, love."

Withdrawing his hand, he sat still for a moment, starting his confession hesitantly "You know the moment Arnav told me that you have always loved me, I thought that was the worst day of my life because I knew you would never confess your feelings to me. I thought that you were cruel to hide your feelings from me when we can live together happily and move ahead in our life where only our love matters. I started avoiding you though doing it was killing me slowly. But I was determined to make you feel the desperation I had suffered through, trying all these years to make you love me back. I don't want any of that anymore because I have realized now that seeing you alive from a distance is much better than seeing you like this. I don't want your love. I just want you to live, Anjali. You hear me?"

Standing up reluctantly, Shyam focused his eyes on her calm, almost white face as he said apologetically "When I get back, I hope to see you awake. I am sorry but I need to leave. I cannot leave Arnav alone in midst of all this. He needs me. I am a selfish man, Anjali. Arnav matters to me as much as you do. I will do my best to save one of you if I can."

Shuffling closer, he bent forward, pressing his lips against her forehead, before straightening up and striding out of the ward quickly.

"I'll have a cup of coffee please. Oh and if any lady asks about me, please lead her in here." Voicing her order in a calm tone, Khushi shot her best smile at the young waiter in his early twenties, dazzling him before adding her request softly.

Handing the menu back to him, she leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table as she checked her phone once again for any new message with bated breath, praying that her husband won't make her wait any further. Releasing it sharply the moment she found no reply from Arnav, she huffed in irritation, a frown puckering the skin between her brows as a clear sign of her rising temper.

She understood his need to keep everything to himself but what she didn't understand was his need to make himself scarce from her life. What she had said to him in the morning was true.

She would rather spend a day with him than not seeing him for the rest of her life. No one knew when death will come for them. Desperately praying for a chance to make her silly husband understand the same, she closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her button nose in irritation.

"Mrs Raizada, what a pleasant surprise!! I hope the expressions on your face are not a reaction to our meet." A cool voice drawled in her ears, sounding amused and indifferent at the same time.

Withdrawing her hand from her nose with a start, Khushi snapped her eyes open and looked up, a pleased smile stretching her lips as she stood from her seat, offering her hand for a formal handshake "Devyani ji, a pleasure always. Please don't think like that. I am always eager to meet you, you know that."

Dressed in a lemon green sari neatly pleated and pinned, an elder woman in her late 50's smiled, her warm blue eyes a lovely contrast to her grey hairs, neatly coiled in a bun at the nape of her neck. Two strands of pristine white pearls adorned her throat, paired perfectly with tear drop pearls glistening at her ears and a pearl bracelet adorning her wrist. Raising her right hand, she shook Khushi's hand shortly before pulling back and sitting graciously opposite her without waiting for the young woman's permission.

After ordering for a green tea in a crisp tone, she turned to look at the woman watching her in awe, and smiled "You know I always talk straight to the point. So why you called me here, Mrs Raizada?"

Flushing under her scrutinizing gaze, Khushi stammered "You don't need to call me that, Devyani ji. You can call me Khushi as always. And I wanted to meet you because I wanted to talk about something very important to you."

Chuckling softly, Devyani replied "You know I never liked to talk about my job outside the court. Still if you want to talk, go ahead but don't expect me to reply to you and reveal any inside information here. I am still a well sought and respected judge of the Supreme Court and talking about it to people who aren't a member of it is a criminal offence."

Nodding quickly, Khushi rushed her explanation "You know how a case against Vikrant Chaudhary is going on in the court. It only had three hearings till the date still the prosecuting lawyer was attacked two days ago and is in hospital. Only yesterday, the judge assigned for this case was accused of taking bribes for numerous cases. And now, no judge is ready to investigate and conclude a final statement to this case. So I was wondering, if there is any chance you are going to take this case?"

Rearing back at the question, Devyani kept quiet as the waiter approached their table, putting a cup of green tea in front of her before placing a cup of coffee in front of Khushi. Picking it up, she took a sip of it while composing herself, replying eventually in a curt tone "That is none of your business, Mrs Raizada."

Wincing visibly at the reply, Khushi raised her hands and said apologetically "I am sorry for asking this. But you know me, Devyani ji. You know how strongly I feel about getting justice for the women who have been abused brutally by powerful men. Vikrant Chaudhary is one of those men. In the past, he has always managed to escape from the clutches of law despite torturing many women. Through this case, I have finally managed to accuse him as the abuser. I want to prove his crime and stop him from hurting women further. I just don't want to take this chance lightly. And I am just doing everything I can to see to it."

Allowing herself to smile, Devyani shook her head ruefully "I believe you. You have always been the one to fight for the truth and justice. But I cannot discuss anything related to it with you."

Looking at her with desperation shining in her eyes, Khushi pleaded "Devyani ji, please, I need you to take this case. You are the only judge I trust. I cannot let this opportunity slip through my hands."

Devyani smirked "You don't need to beg to me about it. Your husband is perfectly capable of doing more than what I can do."

Leaning forward, Khushi whispered "Arnav? What do you mean? Devyani ji, I need an honest judge on this case who can declare Vikrant Chaudhary guilty without any chance of him changing his verdict because of any bribe. Please take this case. It'll be a challenge for you. And I know how much you love to help women in distress as you fought cases like this yourself 20 years ago to serve to the society truthfully."

Tracing the rim of her cup thoughtfully, Devyani answered "Yes your husband. I remember handling his sister's divorce case six years ago. Even though Vikrant Chaudhary wasn't willing to divorce her, he immediately signed the paper after having a talk with Arnav Raizada for five minutes. Your husband managed to spook the politician in five minutes, can you believe it? I say he is more than capable. Besides, do you know what the most important thing is for a politician?" Glancing at her confused expressions, she answered herself "It's the support of the public. Take this away from Vikrant and any judge with or without bribe is going to rule the case in your favor."

As Khushi sat back looking stunned, Devyani took a last sip and added with mischief dancing in her eyes "So there is your answer. And I think you better prepare for it in next two days. I don't think that the next hearing will be delayed beyond that amount of time."

Blinking her eyes slowly, she watched as Devyani stood up after paying for her tea, picking up her small black purse. Looking over her shoulder down at her, she said nonchalantly "See you soon, Mrs Raizada."

Staring at her retreating back, Khushi looked down at the table, whispered with a triumphant smile "Bloody hell!!!"

"Please wake up, sweety."

Running her fingers through the unbound hairs of her daughter, lying in the hospital bed, Divya begged softly, her eyes filled with tears of remorse and pain. Ignoring the hovering doctor at her back, she continued stroking her daughter's hairs.

Blinking rapidly to push her tears back, Divya continued "I am sorry for everything sweetheart. But you must know that I did everything to not let you suffer through any troubles in your life. But I failed and I am ashamed for it. Please don't give up."

Looking down at the floor in shame, she added "In the past, I chose the love I have for your father over my love for my children. But I won't commit the same mistake anymore. I love you sweety. And I will support you now through everything no matter what you decide."

As she stared down resolutely, she didn't see her daughter's eyelids fluttering slowly as she tried to open them, her face gaining some color. She didn't witness how the doctor standing behind her panicked, and injected something in her arm that made her go limp again. She didn't see how her daughter once again started looking pale.

Glancing up at the doctor eventually, Divya pleaded "Doctor, please take good care of her."

Folding his hands behind his back, the doctor replied evenly "Of course, Mrs Raizada. Don't worry."

"There you are."

Pausing momentarily, Arnav looked up, gripping the door of his car firmly. His eyes widening at the sight, he pushed it close before stalking towards his best friend. Eying the midnight blue tailored suit he wore, his gelled hairs swept back neatly, Arnav asked in alarm "What are you doing here? Is Anjali fine?"

Smiling at him ruefully, Shyam shook his head and replying with raised eyebrows "Nothing has happened to her, Arnav. I am here for you."

Sparing a glance at his office building in front of them, Arnav quizzed "Why?"

Lifting his shoulders in a careless shrug, Shyam answered "Because everyone is waiting in there for you. Apparently, everyone has something to discuss with you- Akash, your father-in-law and Khushi. I knew that you will be here so I told them."

Staring at him in exasperation, Arnav cursed loudly "Dammit. I had instructed you all to call before coming here."

"Why? Because this place is not safe for us? You don't want any of us to be hurt, blah, blah. Save it. We all have important matters to discuss with you." Replying sarcastically, Shyam rolled his eyes at his best friend.

Crossing his arms across his front, Arnav leaned against his car, raising his left brow arrogantly "Oh really? Pray tell me, what is it that you want to discuss with me?"

Presenting the file he had kept tucked under his arm, Shyam said "See for yourself."

Looking at his carefully, Arnav grabbed the file, glancing down to read as he opened it. As his mind processed the words he was reading, he cursed loudly, raising his head to stare at his friend in astonishment.

Arnav breathed "Is this true?"

Smiling arrogantly, Shyam winked, raising his hands in mock announcement "Yep, you read it right. Shyam Jha is now the proud owner of Vikrant Chaudhary's house along with his prime properties in Delhi. Imagine that."

"f**king hell!!!" Arnav cursed in disbelief, pointing his index finger at Shyam in astonishment before he breathed his question "But how?"

Grinning wickedly, Shyam answered "Let's just say that an angry Vikrant is as good as an illiterate man in reading anything before signing the papers being presented to him by his employees. I am going to submit them to the registrar and have them draw up new papers to declare me as the new, legitimate owner."

Closing the file shut, Arnav persisted "But why did you do it? Shyam, you should be with Anjali. I am not dragging you into this mess."

Shyam scoffed "Shut the hell up, man. Just say thank you' and be done with it. I know you were trying to do the same. I am not leaving you into this mess so that you can get killed for your stupidity. I have hesitated for long enough."

Nodding eagerly, Arnav smiled "Thank you, Shyam."

Slapping on his back, Shyam moved him towards his office "Now did you find your father?"

Arnav scowled "No I didn't. Plus, I have got some bad news."

Shaking his head, Shyam said quietly "Let's just get inside and discuss it with others. They should know about everything."

"Hey!!!"

Arnav looked up as Khushi greeted him, walking towards him with a smile. Dressed in a loose white t-shirt and black floor length skirt, she looked so beautiful that Arnav couldn't help himself from grabbing her wrist, pulling her close as he hugged her, resting his cheek on top of her head, unaware that Shyam glanced at them with a wolfish grin before walking inside the room behind them.

Resting her forehead against his chest, Khushi mumbled, her hands clasped behind his lower back "Are you alright? Why weren't you replying to me?"

Burying his hands in her hairs, Arnav said apologetically "I was just trying to finish my work soon so that I can come home tonight, Khushi."

Leaning back in his embrace, Khushi glared up at him "Well you are going home with me after this meeting. Come."

Holding hands, they entered inside the conference room, watching Shyam settle beside Akash and Shashi, picking up a plate from the table to eat. Letting out a chuckle, Khushi commented "We bought dinner for you as well."

Sitting in the chair beside each other, they ate along with the others, not starting the discussion voluntarily. Raising his hand, Shyam commented between bites "Arnav has got some news."

Everyone turned to look at him expectantly. Swallowing slowly, Arnav informed "Well it seems that Anuj Raizada doesn't want us to find him. I searched for him everywhere but I couldn't find him. Plus, I saw his security detail now working with Vikrant. I think Vikrant did something to him."

Choking on the food in his mouth, Akash started coughing, asking in a weak voice "You think he killed him?"

Arnav shook his head, denying the possibility, sipping some water "Anuj Raizada is too smart for him."

Clearing his throat loudly to get his attention, Shashi commented "I think we should call a press conference and reveal that he is missing."

"I agree with you. This way if anyone saw him, they will contact us." Arnav nodded, warming up to the idea quickly.

Pushing his plate away with a sad expression on his face, Akash replied "I will do it."

Dismissing the topic already, Shashi turned to his daughter "What's the latest update on the case that you and Aman were fighting against Vikrant?"

Holding up her index finger as a gesture for them to wait, Khushi quickly finished her food before replying, looking excited "Well I think that the Judge Devyani Kapoor is going to be the one delivering the final verdict in this case. She is honest so I don't think this is going to be a problem. Plus, she gave me an idea. How about we plan Vikrant's destruction on national tv?"

As everyone raised a brow in question, Khushi continued "I mean till now, we have focused on proving the charges against him. But what if I convince Devyani ji that Vikrant is still holding Nia captive and ask her to issue a search warrant on his house and every property he owns? We can make Nia hide in any of his property once the police start searching so that they can discover her there. This way, everyone will be able to believe that he is behind all this."

"And if we manage to get the media follow this search, everyone will be able to witness it. The public will hate him for it. I like the way you think." Shyam added, winking at her.

Turning to her husband, Khushi continued "This way, we can put Vikrant behind bars without you going all suicidal. See, there is another way to do this."

Rolling his eyes, Arnav didn't say anything, agreeing to the idea silently. But he knew it wasn't just that simple.

Vikrant was too much of an ass for it.

"So what do you think? You think I will be able to handle this case?" While applying the moisturizer on her hands, Khushi asked, staring at her husband as she stood in front of him.

Glancing up from the screen of his phone, Arnav smiled "I know you would."

Walking around the bed, Khushi sighed looking sad "I wish Aman was here. He is a pro at winning. I never fought a serious case like this one before."

Rolling his eyes, Arnav smiled affectionately "You will be fine. Trust me."

Drawing the covers back, Khushi plopped down on the bed beside him "It was good seeing everyone working together. No matter how serious all this is, it has finally united our family."

Placing his phone on the nightstand, Arnav turned to her "Yeah."

Leaning back on the pillows behind her head, Khushi stared at the ceiling, confessing softly "I miss Manyata. God it's been two days only and I feel like it's been years since I last saw her."

"I know." Smiling ruefully, Arnav met her eyes as she turned to look at him, replying sincerely "I didn't spend a day without her since last 6 years. And now that she is gone, I feel like I don't know what I am supposed to do with my life. Raising and protecting her up gave a definition to my life."

Watching his smile slip as he relieved the memories of the past, Khushi reached out and touched his palm, bringing him back to the present. Squeezing it gently, she assured him "You are more than this, Arnav. I know a major part of your life revolves around her, but what you did for her isn't what defines you. It's your willingness to do right by your family and society that makes you a good man."

Arnav chuckled dryly "I hope so."

Khushi huffed "Arnav Singh Raizada, stop underestimating yourself. You are a good son, brother and father. Remember that."

Watching her as she patted the sheets around her feet roughly before pulling it up, Arnav slid beside her, slipping his hand under her neck as she started to lie down, murmuring his question softly "What about a good husband?"

"Well you can forget about that." Khushi replied with a snort. Dragging the covers around her waist, she froze, feeling the palm cushioning her head. Trailing her gaze up slowly, her eyes widened watching Arnav towering over, his eyes shining with an unfathomable expression.

It was desire, she realized with a blush blooming across her face, down her neck.

Tracing a finger around her jaw, Arnav murmured "Guess I will have to prove it to you. What do you want me to do?"

Turning sideway to face him directly, Khushi stared at him, watching as he did the same. Her eyes softening with love, she said "Try not to forget about your wife. Try not to hide from her."

Shaking his head, Arnav countered firmly "I wasn't hiding from you. I can't forget you since I constantly think about you."

"Shut up." Khushi chided, grabbing the front of his night shirt, dragging him forward as she pressed her lips against him. Pressing his free hand beside her head, Arnav leaned forward, grasping the back of her neck to tilt her head upward as he took over, taking her upper lip between his, caressing and nibbling at it. Giving her lower lip the same treatment, he buried his hands in her unbound hairs, tugging at it sharply, making her gasp. Sliding his tongue inside her mouth at the opportunity, he trailed his fingers down sensually, leaving a burning trail behind his pursuit.

Their tongues messed and dancing together, Khushi panted, hiding a shiver as his hands settled on her upper thighs, stroking it.

"How is it for a good husband?" He whispered, pressing kisses to her lips insistently.

"Hmm." Making a sound at the back of her throat, Khushi started to unbutton his shirt, her mind clouding over the current assault on her senses.

Arnav groaned, grabbing her wrists to make her stop, resting his forehead against the headboard to calm his raging emotions. Pulling back slightly, he looked down at her hurt expressions and said insistently "No, no don't think that. I love you. I am dying to continue this but I won't. This is not the right time, Khushi."

Kissing her again and again as if he couldn't just resist her, he added "You deserve much more than this. Trust me."

After scrutinizing his face, Khushi nodded, accepting his explanation. Pulling back, he settled her head on his chest, running his fingers through her hairs and smiled "Go to sleep."

Closing her eyes with a resigned sigh, Khushi murmured "Good night Arnav."

"Good night." Kissing her hairs, Arnav replied, closing his eyes as well.

Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Fantabulous update
Loved it
Thanks for the pm
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wonderful update ..hope everything fall in place for them