Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: 2111_shweta

fanfiction/13 looks good to me
fanfiction/8 and fanfiction/17 : only a few chapters have the comments migrated & clubbed. It seems like the first chapter from every thread has got the comments for all the chapters posted in that thread.

I don't know how the migration works but if possible please edit it.

Thanks

Hi, Shweta , it means the site is still in the developing stage. 😕

I am happy for one thing, 😊getting thousands of comments as an appreciation from your readers for your writing is really great.🤗You are a highly successful writer in this IF. ❤️

When I checked FF 8, I was stunned ... there were 179 comments for the first chapter and till the 20th, not even half a comment there   for the 20th chap there were  650 comments, 21st chap 115, and again for 31st one-- 324, likewise it did according to its own will!! 😲

Finally for the 'Banners by Readers' got the highest number, 659! 

Editing at this stage is not possible I think, anyway editing 650 comments and another 659 comments in 53 chapters, it will be a humongous task. Let us ask  Appy & Sam for help. They will advise us accordingly. 

Sorry for the inconvenience Shweta, let us stop here with migrating these 3 FFs for now , and seek the experts' advice.    I am happy that your likes are there intact. Once I lost all my 'likes' for the same deed. 😕

2111_shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Hi, Shweta , it means the site is still in the developing stage. 😕

I am happy for one thing, 😊getting thousands of comments as an appreciation from your readers for your writing is really great.🤗You are a highly successful writer in this IF. ❤️

When I checked FF 8, I was stunned ... there were 179 comments for the first chapter and till the 20th, not even half a comment there   for the 20th chap there were  650 comments, 21st chap 115, and again for 31st one-- 324, likewise it did according to its own will!! 😲

Finally for the 'Banners by Readers' got the highest number, 659! 

Editing at this stage is not possible I think, anyway editing 650 comments and another 659 comments in 53 chapters, it will be a humongous task. Let us ask  Appy & Sam for help. They will advise us accordingly. 

Sorry for the inconvenience Shweta, let us stop here with migrating these 3 FFs for now , and seek the experts' advice.    I am happy that your likes are there intact. Once I lost all my 'likes' for the same deed. 😕

Thanks😳

I saw a pattern for FF 8. I had 4 threads for it and the comments have gone to one chapter from each thread, mostly the first chap. But that is not completely the case. It's just confusing to explain😆

I appreciate the help. Even I think it's better to wait till the bugs are fixed and this feature is released. And I hope there is a way to undo/edit the migration. Or else I will have to sit with 650 comments on one chapter which is essentially the prologue🤣 Still can't stop laughing at this🤣

I'm happy that at least 1 of the 3FFs was correct. Less work to do later on.

I lost a few likes on my ongoing FF because of my stupidity. So I get what that must have felt for you! Thankfully it didn't happen here!

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2111_shweta

Thanks😳

I saw a pattern for FF 8. I had 4 threads for it and the comments have gone to one chapter from each thread, mostly the first chap. But that is not completely the case. It's just confusing to explain😆

I appreciate the help. Even I think it's better to wait till the bugs are fixed and this feature is released. And I hope there is a way to undo/edit the migration. Or else I will have to sit with 650 comments on one chapter which is essentially the prologue🤣 Still can't stop laughing at this🤣

I'm happy that at least 1 of the 3FFs was correct. Less work to do later on.

I lost a few likes on my ongoing FF because of my stupidity. So I get what that must have felt for you! Thankfully it didn't happen here!

Ohh... thanks a lot Shweta🤗for understanding me and my confusion, the tech glitch which did many weird things to us 😕. I was feeling guilty since morning, just now received a reply from a tech expert, for now, Edit/ Undo is not possible, but surely there must be a way to rectify this.

As you said, let us wait for the betterment of this site. 

Thanks once again for understanding. 🤗

Grey-licious thumbnail

Hey guys

Please merge the comments of this FF

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/70

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Done. 

BlurredLines thumbnail

Can you migrate the comments for this book 

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/111 

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: NitaReid

Can you migrate the comments for this book 

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/111 

done

BlurredLines thumbnail

I am not able to see the comments ,can you check and let me know if you can see them 

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: NitaReid

I am not able to see the comments ,can you check and let me know if you can see them 

Can you give me the old thread link?

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli

Can you give me the old thread link?

Here you go   : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4669005