Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uv-crazyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Okay everyone, the paragraph in light blue is in past.

ArHi FF: Yeh Saali Zindagi

Chapter 34-A

13th August, 2014

As the stars occupying the dark grey sky, twinkled faintly down at him signaling the slow end of the night, Arnav exited from the building, his hands slid inside the pockets of his trousers. A small bag was slung over his shoulder containing very few yet relevant papers.

A baseball cap hid his face partially as he looked back, his eyes softening the moment his gaze landed on his office. He had come here straightaway from home, knowing that no one will be here to bother him. Nodding his thanks as the security guard patrolling around the office during his night shift hailed a taxi for him, he climbsed inside, rattling an address in a single breath.

The moment it started moving, Arnav leaned back on the seat, resting his head on top of it and closed his eyes, his mind reverting back to the memory that occupied his whole attention, managing to keep him sane despite everything.

How could he forget it? It had happened only yesterday.

He could still remember how excited and confident he had felt while getting ready for the party, smiling as his hands quickly buttoned his charcoal black coat, a pale blue shirt worn beneath it, its end tucked neatly inside the charcoal black trousers. Brushing a hand over his electric blue tie, he turned to look at his wife.

Watching as Khushi brushed her hairs slowly, looking ethereal in an electric blue gown, he had this strange feeling in his chest, close to contentment and ecstasy. Positive that everything was going to be okay, he felt light, free of his responsibilities and secrets.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, moving to stand behind his wife as she sat in front of the vanity table, pressing his hands on top of her bare and creamy shoulders. Smiling in satisfaction the moment she blushed, he bent his head to press a kiss on her hairs when his phone rang, making him frown and straighten immediately.

Taking the phone out of his pockets, he glanced at the caller id and froze. It was Anjali.

Quickly attending the call, Arnav whispered "Anjali?"

A frantic voice cried out in his ear "ARNAV, HE IS GOING TO HURT HER. HE IS GOING TO HURT MY BABY."

Moving his hand to gesture at Khushi to follow him, Arnav ran down the stairs, getting out the front door in panic. Quickly wrenching the door of his car open, he climbed into the driver's seat and replied "Who? Who is going to hurt Manyata?"

Khushi gasped, hearing his words as she sat in the passenger seat, tears gathering in her eyes at once in dismay. Putting the call on loudspeaker, Arnav placed his phone on the dashboard and slid the car key into ignition, starting it at once.

"VIKRANT. I don't know HOW he managed to get to know about her but his men are following Manyata's car. Please hurry Arnav. I am about to go there as well but I can't keep them away from her for long. Please hurry." Anjali cried out, sudden noise on the other end making it difficult for Arnav to hear her voice. Covering her mouth with her palms, Khushi stared down at the phone in horror.

Driving out of the garage, Arnav quickly sped his car down the road, looking in the rear view mirror as his security detail climbed into two cars quickly and started following him. Focusing his eyes back on the road, he whispered in soothing tone "Anjali calm down. Nothing is going to happen to her. We are already in the car. Tell me the address."

Quickly whispering down the address, Anjali pleaded once more "Arnav I was wrong. I thought I could handle everything but I cannot. Just the thought of him getting his hands on my daughter is making me go crazy. I am taking my promise back. KILL HIM, ARNAV. I don't care what happens to me, but you need to kill him. I won't let him shadow my daughter's life as a constant danger. Please KILL HIM."

Sighing deeply to control his temper and panic, Arnav said authoritatively "Anjali...calm down..."

Continuing as if she'd not heard his reply, Anjali said suddenly "You remember his secretary? The woman I caught him with in our house? Find her. She will help you destroy him. Find her and you will know what you need to do next."

Arnav frowned, quickly taking a left turn as he shot back "Anjali, you aren't making any sense."

"JUST DO IT." Anjali cried out in frustration. Letting out a sob, she whispered "I don't know what's going to happen today. But I really need to say this. I am sorry for ruining your life, Arnav. I am so sorry. I won't forgive myself for what I made you do. I am truly sorry."

Stupefied, Arnav continued listening quietly as his sister said in a choking voice "Look I am very near to the location so I am disconnecting the call. Just do what I told you."

"Okay." Arnav replied instantly, pressing his shoes down on the accelerator at once. His hands faltered on the steering wheel next moment as Anjali whispered softly "I always loved you the most, Arnav. Thank you for everything."

Opening his mouth to say something in return, Arnav stopped abruptly as the call disconnected. A horrible feeling took over his heart making him cry out, his face twisting in panic, a tear spilling down his left eye, knowing that his sister has just said goodbye to him "NO. PLEASE GOD NO."

"Here we are."

Wrenching his eyes open, Arnav sat up, peering out the window as the taxi slowed down to a stop in front of a colony of dark, small and dirty houses eventually. Checking the address again, he paid the taxi driver and got out of the car, watching it back away from the street at once.

Taking a deep breath, he turned to enter in the narrow entrance of the colony, unafraid of the howls of wild dogs moving around, streetlight above him flickering constantly. His eyes scanning the house numbers, he momentarily stopped in front of a dark one floor house and walked around it, knocking on the back door at once.

Standing confidently, Arnav took off his hat as the curtain around a nearby window moved, a pair of eyes peering out at him before the fabric was moved back into place. Moving his bleak eyes on the door, he heard the bolt being slid back before the door was opened partially.

Stepping through the gap, he pushed it close before turning to look at a familiar face, detecting the apprehension and fear in the eyes at once.

Taking a step further, he muttered grimly "For once, I hope my sister is right when she told me to trust you."

The face upturned, eyes meeting his gaze as Arnav stared at Vikrant's secretary in disgust. Clasping her hands in front of her, she said firmly "She is right."

Boring his narrowed glare on her for a second, Arnav moved past her to collapse on an old, rickety wooden chair, waiting patiently for her to sit opposite to him before he said "First tell me what Vikrant's plan was for today actually."

Staring at him nervously, she whispered slowly "His eyes were on you and your wife mostly. He wanted to kill you both but you both were too smart to let him get to either of you. Few days ago, he got to know that you and your wife love your adopted daughter very much. So he made a plan. He kept an eye on your child. He knew that today she will go to her school for some function. He planned to corner her on the way back, hoping that once you and your wife realized that you have her, you both will come running to save her. He had planned on shooting both of you the moment you appeared to take her back. But Anjali ji came instead, so he shot her and was waiting for you both when Anjali ji tried to shoot him. He got away, thinking that she might kill him actually."

Quickly thinking about it, Arnav asked "So he never meant to hurt my daughter? He just wanted to get to me and Khushi?"

"She was just the bait, Sir. You and your wife were the actual target." She replied.

Leaning back in the chair carefully, Arnav relaxed, tension leaving his body at the answer, knowing that Vikrant won't be able to use Manyata as bait for them anymore. His decision to send his daughter away was very good.

Placing his forearms on his knees, he hunched forward, asking another question "What about my father? Anuj Raizada?"

Shaking her head, she replied truthfully "I don't know anything about it, Sir. All I heard him saying is that he won't have to worry about Bade Sahab anymore. I don't know what he did with him."

His heart sinking at the reply, Arnav looked away, his jaw clenching in frustration. No one knew where his father is actually. He wasn't even picking their calls at all. Closing his eyes, he consoled himself saying that those words didn't exactly mean that Vikrant had killed his father.

Hearing some noise suddenly, he opened his eyes to see Vikrant's secretary placing two envelopes on the table towards his direction. Nodding at them, she whispered "Everything that your sister wanted me to find out is in there. I did my job."

Picking them up, Arnav checked the content of the envelopes, verifying it with what he already knew and pushed them back inside. Looking at her sternly, he added "I hope you are not trying to con me because if you are, you won't like the consequences."

"I am not." She squeaked. Nodding at her curtly, Arnav placed his bag on the table and pushed it away, saying emotionlessly "This bag contains new identity proofs for you and your family along with the passports. Your names have been changed. And there is enough cash for you and your family in there as well just like my sister promised you to give."

Quickly opening the bag, she looked at everything before commenting in confusion "But there are three fake identities for each member of my family and the cash is much more than what we need."

Shrugging nonchalantly, Arnav answered "Keep the cash and use it well. I have more than enough of it. The three fake identities are for your family's quick escape in case Vikrant manages to find you where you all are going."

Accepting his explanation, she smiled "Thank you for doing this."

Looking away, Arnav said gruffly "And one more thing, just leave in an hour from now before the day starts. You don't know if Vikrant's men are keeping an eye on you. Leave everything behind and just take your family away from here so that no one can deduce you are leaving this city. When you will arrive in the new city I had picked for you, everything will be there for your family's use. Everything is mentioned in the documents inside the bag. You will get a good job there. I have already paid fees for your brother and sister's school there. You won't have much difficulty settling down there. I would have taken you to the train myself but we shouldn't be seen together otherwise everything will be ruined for your escape."

Watching from the corner of his eyes as she nodded, Arnav stood up and announced "I should go now."

Pulling the door open, he was about to step out when she rushed beside him, saying urgently "You should know that I never wanted to ruin your sister's marriage. I was forced to sleep with Vikrant. Still, I am so sorry that your sister's life was ruined because of me."

Clearing his throat loudly, Arnav replied firmly "I know and I believe it now. It's not your fault."

Her shoulder shaking with silent sobs, she choked out "Thank you for believing me. I hope Anjali ji recovers quickly."

Nodding his head in acknowledgement to her words, Arnav rushed out in the dark, disappearing from her sight quickly, his heart breathing in relief at the knowledge that he had just managed to save a family from Vikrant.

He felt light.

"Do you trust me enough to believe that I won't lie to you, sweetheart?"

"I do, Mumma but I don't understand why Daddy wants to send me away.."

Curling a hand around her rosy cheek, Khushi smiled, answering her question patiently "The reason your Daddy wants to send you away is that he wants to keep you safe. You remember how upset Daddy was today?"

Biting her lower lip, Manyata nodded innocently. Khushi continued "He was upset because some bad people managed to hurt his friend. He is worried that they will hurt you too. He just need some time to deal with those bad people and then we will come to take you home. You just need to stay away from here for a week. Daddy and I promise that we will bring you back here soon. Now will you please go with your Payal aunty and Naitik Bhai?"

Contemplating her choices, Manyata asked hesitantly "You promise that this is just for a week?"

Running her fingers through her hairs, Khushi agreed "A week."

Exhaling loudly, Manyata looked around, her eyes searching for someone "Where is Daddy? I misbehaved with him. I need to apologize to him."

Her smile wavering for a moment, Khushi answered apologetically "He had some work to do so he left. But I will tell him how sorry you are. He already forgave you. Now give me a hug before we leave for airport."

Spreading her arms wide open, Khushi crouched down and waited patiently as Manyata started running towards her and crashed against her chest, hiding her face in it. Her muffled question reached her ears soon "You are coming with me to the airport, right?"

"Of course."

Stumbling back, Manyata smacked a kiss against her cheek and announced happily "Love you, Mumma."

"Love you too, sweetheart." Khushi murmured drowsily, her hands patting the mattress in search of her husband and daughter instinctively. A moment later, she froze remembering that they both weren't there. Burying her face in the pillow, she groaned before sitting up against the headboard and opening her eyes to the bright, warm sunlight of early morning.

Pushing the comforter away, Khushi stood up yawning, looking around. Rubbing the back of her head, she crawled her way to the kitchen and ordered the housekeeper to prepare a cup of tea for her before plopping down on the couch in the living room.

Remembering something suddenly, she straightened up and picked up the remote, switching on the news channel to see the live coverage of an income tax raid being conducted in a Supreme Court's Judges' house. She smirked as the face she had stared at yesterday night flashed on the screen, alleged charges of taking bribes from politicians appearing beside it.

"Got you, Judge." Khushi smiled, remembering how she had tipped the Income Tax Department last night about the same, along with some persuasion that her position had always provided, benefiting her in situations like this.

Now all she had to do was wait for the higher authorities to assign a new judge for the case, before rolling the dice for her next move. Knowing that the administration won't let any judge with bad record succeed the man that had handled the case till now, she felt confident.

All she needed now was a good and a very cunning plan to trap Vikrant Chaudhary. For good. And she damn will trap him.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Khushi looked back, her ears picking on the faint ringing of her phone from the bedroom. Her face lit up, hope burning fiercely in her heart as she flew upstairs, running inside to look at the caller id excitedly.

Grinning madly, she stared as her husband's perfect yet composed face flashed on the screen. Quickly picking the call, she chirped "Hi."

"Congratulations on your minor win, Khushi." Her husband whispered, making her blush and swoon at his words like a teenager in love. She gushed breathlessly "Thanks, Arnav."

Her husband chuckled "I take it you just woke up."

Khushi frowned "Yes. How do you know?"

"You always sound reserved and contained whenever you talk. After hearing your voice full of excitement, I guess you didn't get the time to put up your emotional guards till now." She could feel his smile in his words. She smiled in return as he continued speaking "Thank you for persuading Manyata for going away, Khushi. I cannot express how grateful I feel for having you by my side."

Looking down in embarrassment, Khushi murmured "You don't need to mention it. How is your sister doing now?"

Arnav replied somberly "She is still in coma."

Fidgeting with the end of her night kurta, Khushi said in dismay "I am so sorry Arnav. I haven't been there to see her. I am just so busy. Believe me, I want to see her. I care about her as well."

"I know and I understand. You don't need to explain anything. I just called at the hospital to know about Aman's health, by the way. His condition is improving rapidly. Though..." Arnav stated in a soothing voice, making Khushi sigh in relief as she completed his sentence "He is still unconscious."

"Yeah." Arnav agreed sadly.

Walking over to her vanity table, Khushi picked up a photograph of a very happy Arnav and Manyata Raizada posing together for the camera and stared at it, before asking the inevitable question "When will you be back Arnav? Manyata was so sad yesterday. I never wanted us to scatter like this, you know. We are a family."

A silence fell between them, uncomfortable and sad as the current situation. Clearing his throat loudly, Arnav whispered softly "Soon."

Staring at his frozen smile, Khushi asked, her tone full of uncertainty "Can I have your words on that?"

Hesitating for a moment, Arnav said curtly "I need to go, Khushi. Take care. Bye."

"Bye." Bewildered, Khushi stared down at her phone in shock as Arnav disconnected the call. A dread spread through her soul, wiping every trace of hope and excitement from her mind. Pressing her hands together, Khushi closed her eyes in a prayer, words breathing out of her lips "Please god, don't let anything happen to him."

"Did you find him?" Startled, Shashi Gupta looked up as Akash Raizada walked inside his cabin, looking tired and tensed.

His clothes were rumpled, black stains covering his white shirt and his hairs disheveled. His shoes were covered in dirt as he stopped in front of him, looking down his nose at him in hope.

"Akash, my dear boy, what the hell happened to you?" Shashi asked, his eyes trailing over his messed up appearance.

Looking down at himself, Akash shrugged, returning to the original topic "Nothing. So did you manage to contact Bade Sahab? Divya Maa is calling me again and again, asking about him repeatedly. I don't know what to say to her. I cannot tell her about Anjali and I don't know anything about Bade Sahab. She is really stressed out."

Taking a deep breath, Shashi answered looking frustrated, "No Akash, I don't know where he is right now. I am trying my best to find him but it's like he disappeared from very face of the earth all of a sudden."

Gripping his hairs in his fists, Akash cursed "f**k. What am I supposed to say about this? The media is already after me regarding Anjali and now this. Hell, they are asking questions about Payal as well, saying why she left all of a sudden with our son? What am I supposed to say?"

Standing up, Shashi walked around his desk, placing a hand on his shoulder sympathetically "Calm down, son. We will figure something out. How about we go and meet Divya for now? I can explain everything to her. Don't worry."

Scrunching his face in distaste at the idea, Akash rephrased "How about you and Garima Aunty go and talk to her? I don't think I will be able to face her."

Considering his request, Shashi replied reluctantly "Alright. Have you heard from Arnav yet?"

His brow furrowing in concern, Akash answered "No. I don't know what he is upto, Shashi Uncle. But it's something big. He hasn't even returned to his home since last night. I hope he is safe."

Shashi replied with conviction lacking in his voice "He will be."

A black Mercedes pulled up outside Anjali Constructions, quickly followed by four others lining behind it, before its occupants climbed out, all dressed in black suit, whispering furiously on the bluetooth stuck to their ear.

The driver of the first car stepped out, hurrying around to open the back door, waiting patiently for his employer to climb out. A hard, calloused hand gripped the door before long, muscled legs encased in royal blue trousers appeared on the floor, quickly followed by a white shirt clad chest paired with royal blue coat and a silver tie. Platinum cufflinks winked in harsh sunlight accompanied by the silver, diamond studded Rolex watch strapped on his wrist.

Dark ray bans hid his eyes while his sleek, soft black hairs gave him the appearance of a predator. A hungry predator.

A smirk curled his lips as he strode towards his office in confidence and arrogance, quickly being followed by his security detail.

"SIR!!!"

Raising a brow as his secretary rushed towards him, Arnav drawled lazily "Has everything been arranged according to my instructions?"

"Yes but Sir..." His secretary wheezed, out of breath trying to keep up with his long strides "I don't think this is a good idea. Agreed our company reigns in the real estate market but it doesn't mean that we can afford turning every other builder against us just for a political game."

Barely blinking his eyes at her words, Arnav answered "I can handle this. You don't need to worry."

"But Sir, you are going to put your own life in danger. They are powerful people."

Raising a hand, Arnav announced "I don't care. Let's just get this over this."

Ignoring as his secretary walked beside him, trying to convince him out of his plan, Arnav continued moving forward, his mind fixed on the victory waiting ahead for him.

He laughed darkly.

Kajalkaju thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Oh...what Arnav is upto ?
Awesome update
eagerly waiting for next part
smileysmi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful update. .
eagerly waiting for arnavz plan..
sivatharshini thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome one !! Eagerly waiting to read more .
varsha2KD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb update
What is Arnav upto?
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Good that the judge has come under the scanner of the income tax department.
Happy that Aman is improving. Where is Arnav's dad?

What is Arnav upto??
hajr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
What is Arnav up to
Awesome update can't wait for next update
LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Uh
Oh
What's he planning on doing!!
nisha_mehta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Khushi should have remembered Anjali last words and realised what arnav has set out to do. Arnav is tryomg to do the same thing which Anjali tried...trying to defeat vikrant. But for this he needs strength and support. Only he is trying to do everything by himself. Hope that his plan will succeed.
Continue soon
aspatel2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update!!! I cant wait to see what Arnav and Khushi do...
Its like they vikrant is going to get trapped really badly from both side!

please cont. soon