Was Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna really that BAD?!!

923402 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Since the prior topic didn't get any takers, I am revamping it up a bit and wanted to revisit one of Karan Johar's movies that really got slammed by critics. Even though it was a hit. 😉 It was on SONY today and when I watched it again, the actresses were the best thing about the movie. Rani and Preity were outstanding, boy I so miss them. If today's actresses did these kind of roles, it wouldn't be the same. We had real actors in the last decade. Rani running in a sari to the train station to meet SRK was very romantic. She looked simply divine. However, Abhishek was mediocre and SRK, the less said the better. Karan Johar could have made the movie better. However, it was better than most of the crap that comes out today. Was Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna really that BAD?!! Please share your thoughts.
Edited by LoveProfusion - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

923402 thumbnail
The topic has changed, please share your thoughts. 😊
643898 thumbnail
it wasnt bad,it was TERRIBLE ! A complete mockery of husband-wife relationships
Edited by _NaughtyBoy_ - 11 years ago
923402 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NaughtyBoy_

it wasnt bad,it was TERRIBLE ! A complete mockery of husband-wife relationships

No, it happens in American movies to. 😆
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I couldn't like the movie because I couldn't feel any sympathy for the leads (Rani and SRK). Their spouses were very nice, devoted people (although flawed, but who isn't?). And the way they were treated was just awful, not to mention how the SRK character pretty much abandoned his son to take a job in Canada or wherever.
I kind of hoped that the end of the movie would leave the leads miserably alone for the rest of their lives. 😆
640117 thumbnail
It was the story which was not just bad but disgusting. It had bad message of how to leave your children and spouse because apparently you found someone else outside who make you feel good and you cal it love. I hated it, though i love the performances. I tolerated because of my fav actors, not because I loved the movie. And damn,Preity looked hot, cute and beautiful at the same time. I so miss her. 😭

Now a days actress aren't even as beautiful as her. No glow on their faces nothing they have compare to the previous ones.
Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
The cast, acting, filming etc was brilliant, but it's the story that was disturbing.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Yess ..it was really bad...I mean I can excuse KJO for being total sanki at times but what were the rest of the cast thinking...In a nutshell it was a cringeworthy movie...

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: HZAnita

I couldn't like the movie because I couldn't feel any sympathy for the leads (Rani and SRK). Their spouses were very nice, devoted people (although flawed, but who isn't?). And the way they were treated was just awful, not to mention how the SRK character pretty much abandoned his son to take a job in Canada or wherever.

I kind of hoped that the end of the movie would leave the leads miserably alone for the rest of their lives. 😆

I would have not had any problem...if in the end both SRK and Rani...the losers tht they were in the movie...were left alone to suffer...but heck no...Karan Johar...likes to make everything perfect in his fairy tales...The extramarital affair, the fights between husbands and wives, leaving the kid and running away to Canada...because he was a coward to deal with all of it...all happens in the real world...I was OK with all the depiction ...but the ending was like W*F...seriously u reward the two losers who managed to screw up not only their lives but their families as well...I can forgive SRK for RA-one because honestly It was an experiment gone wrong...but for KANK..No...what was he even thinking...
ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Not just bad It was horrible !!!
Characters made no sense and the random singing and dancing of Rani and SRK made me laugh. I hated SRK's character esp the way he treated his son and PZ. Anddd dont remind me of AB senior's Sexy Sam character 🤢