Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

everything in the film was great apart from the story. KJ should have have worked more on screenplay

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

I hate that I loved this movie

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Today I remembered this movie out of sudden while watching a song from kal ho na ho.. kaha ye kal ho na ho karta tha kaha kabhi alwida na kehna kar ke itni zillat zhelni padi

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

This movie broke karan's all hit record as a director

The is his lowest grossing movie as a director even lower than his first released 8 years ago

This literally ended the career of PZ and marked the downfall of Mukherjee

This made SRK reinvent himself and work with newcomers..this was SRK's last collaboration with Rani and Preity onscreen

This made kajol a winner coz she rejected this and starred in Fanaa which was a superhit and she won FF best actor

Edited by cougarTown - 2 months ago
Red_eyes94 thumbnail
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cougarTown

This movie broke karan's all hit record as a director

The is his lowest grossing movie as a director even lower than his first released 8 years ago

This literally ended the career of PZ and marked the downfall of Mukherjee

This made SRK reinvent himself and work with newcomers..this was SRK's last collaboration with Rani and Preity onscreen

This made kajol a winner coz she rejected this and starred in Fanaa which was a superhit and she won FF best actor

It also broke all records internationally. Many European countries which didn't even screen Bollywood movies before showed KANK because there was so much demand. When KANK came out, it broke records for the highest grossing Bollywood movie in the US and UK. This film was never going to do well in India due to its subject matter.

Remember that Silsila, which Yash Chopra always said was his favorite movie, flopped. KANK did respectably in India in comparison.

Filmfare has always favored Kajol which is why she won. If she had accepted KANK over Fanaa, she still would have won the Filmfare but for KANK instead. The Filmfare Award loss wasn't about rejecting the part. Rani won IIFA Best Actress which in fact has an anti-Kajol bias instead of a pro-Kajol bias (she has never won at IIFA). And Abhishek did win in the Best Supporting Actor category at Filmfare so KANK was able to win one acting award out of its nominations.

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom ended Preity's career, not KANK. KANK was her last huge hit.

Fanaa also did well overseas but not nearly as well as KANK, even with how beloved Kajol is overseas.

Kaya65 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

If I remember correctly, it was released around the time Omkara came out. Unfortunately for them, Omkara was a masterpiece and was extremely praised by the critics. Although the actors in Kank performed well and the music was great, they were totally overshadowed by the Omkara team.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I didn't like KANK but looking at it today it is more relevant as EMA is becoming more common.It made the audience ponder and perhaps feel more empathetic