Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

it was entertaining movie. I liked it's songs, locations, everything. This is one of the rare movies in which I liked the chemistry of all the couples. Srk-preity, srk-rani, rani-abhishek, abhishek-preity (I know they were not a couple but I wished them to be to give 'tit for tat' to their partners)
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Absolutely agree with the movie stirring open dicuion...I followed all the shows and interviews about the subject at that time.

I also can understand your liking for the songs. However, in my feeling, KANK had a story to tell that didn't 'need' those two songs but would have needed the deleted scenes.

I had a similar feeling for MNIK where there had been no 'need' to stretch the Hurricane sequence...

I think the Rock 'n' Roll Soniye song is somewhat necessary because it shows SRK noticing how mismatched Rani is from Abhishek. We, the audience, already know this but SRK doesn't and this is the only scene early on where he gets the chance to see the couple in action. Plus Amitabh's reaction to seeing Rani leave Abhishek in a huff when he tries to get her to dance, because we know that even he is aware that not all is well. Even Preity gets some of her recriminations against SRK in the song lyrics.

As for Where's the Party Tonight, I think the juxtaposition of the consummation scene with their spouses celebrating for having "fixed" their marriages and won back their partners' loves is a rather strong element. If they just show SRK and Rani go into the hotel and that's it, the scene loses a lot of power. I feel a lot of people would be arguing then to this day about whether or not they actually did something since nothing was shown.

Originally posted by: Zeal17

1. Wtf Ajay Devgan smiley36

2. I was playing name them all on the cover, but couldn't name one, bottom left 2nd person?

This cover was posted a few months back and someone was able to name all the unidentified people. Hopefully that someone or anyone else can do it again.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Okay with your arguments - especially for Dev (and the FIL) witnessing the couple's interaction... as for the other song: peronally, I like the juxtaposition...I just tried to find possibilities to include the deleted scenes without making the movie too long smiley1