Sasha Agha's new venture -a threat to our culture?

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Just read this fantastic article: http://reviewit.pk/sasha-agha-and-her-intimate-scenes-in-a-bollywood-movie-threat-to-our-culture/

Where is the culture gone man? This article is indeed an eye-opener for all those who want to venture out to Bollywood. 🥱

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Woah that is quite bold.😳
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think for me personally, Sara Loren and her roles were more worrisome than Sasha Agha just because Sara is a known name in Pakistan while Sasha is simply known as Salma Agha's daughter. Plus hasn't Salma Agha been living in India for a very long time? I expected this anyways, after Sasha's mms scandal a few years ago and subsequently the way she and her mother spoke during the press conference they held. Salma Agha obviously does not care what her daughter is doing, and may even encourage it. Lets just hope nothing changes on Pakistan's soil at least.

I do not question people but do get very disappointed seeing the emerging trends, yes I have never lived in Pakistan and may be considered backwards if I go there but whatever. Personally, I like seeing clean movies just because they are easy to watch and a breath of fresh air from the otherwise trashy movies being dished out these days. The one sentence I cannot stand is "the script required it"
kashishdabest thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing this article sweetheart...seriously what is the world coming to...and what is happening with bollywood movies..they are getting disgusting..i used to be a big movie lover but i am put off it completely because of all this vulgarity that they show..you can't even watch these movies with family anymore...for the past few years i stopped watching most movies..i will just watch some of the old ones...there is less content in movies these days and more vulgarity...and seeing pakistani actresses and actors in these kinds of movies is embarasing...this is not our culture...but yes its the current culture in india..i personally believe if they are working in bollywood movies then they are part of that culture...but yes no doubt it gives Pakistan and muslims a bad name...i wasn't born in Pakistan neither do i live there but i still worry about what is going on...even pakistani movies were disturbing to watch...yes there are a selected few which are ok but personally i feel that pakistan should build on their strong points which is their serials...because they are doing brilliantly well with that and slowly more and more people are becoming aware of them...that in the true sense represents our culture
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I havn't read the article closed it as soon as i clicked on it.
Waise aaj kal logo ke paas aur koi kaam nahi raha, itneee despo ke aise kaam karne pe utar aaye hain and lets not forget Veena Aunty.

And i do not believe those girls are a threat to out culture, there r other things to worry abt. Also if they r, a simple solution wud be 2 to blackout all the vulgar movies, NO MORE THREAT TO THE CULTURE 😆

Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

I think for me personally, Sara Loren and her roles were more worrisome than Sasha Agha just because Sara is a known name in Pakistan while Sasha is simply known as Salma Agha's daughter. Plus hasn't Salma Agha been living in India for a very long time? I expected this anyways, after Sasha's mms scandal a few years ago and subsequently the way she and her mother spoke during the press conference they held. Salma Agha obviously does not care what her daughter is doing, and may even encourage it. Lets just hope nothing changes on Pakistan's soil at least.

I do not question people but do get very disappointed seeing the emerging trends, yes I have never lived in Pakistan and may be considered backwards if I go there but whatever. Personally, I like seeing clean movies just because they are easy to watch and a breath of fresh air from the otherwise trashy movies being dished out these days. The one sentence I cannot stand is "the script required it"

I completely agree with everything you said, although I had no clue about the mms scandal. I've also never lived in Pakistan (or been there actually, so desperately want to visit!) but I prefer the more traditional and clean films. And I've talked about how annoying 'the scipt required it' phrase is, before. The script never requires any of the crap they show, whatever happened to 'fading to black'?

It's pretty sad though, my mum really likes Salma Agha from the few movies she did back in her prime, if I told her about all this though...
Edited by Amara_B - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Didn't Ali Zafar have a few steamy scenes in that London-NY-Paris movie, or whatever it was? My question to everyone who has a problem with these Pakistani women shedding it all in India..why hasn't Ali Zafar been questioned about what he has to do in bollywood films?

That makes no sense because if you think about it, Mona Lisa is a nobody when compared to Ali Zafar and so is Sasha Agha...yet the double standards are so mind boggling.

About this though, I read somewhere that Sasha was so uncomfortable doing her scenes with Arjun that she had her mother, Salma there with her for those intimate scenes..I mean if that's what happens, then we can't even rant..😆 And as Umz mentioned, I don't even think Salma has been living in Pakistan at all for quite a while.

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
o bhai,koi bhi ho
Ali Zafar se leekey veena malik

Sab ke sab desperation ki dukaan hai
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Didn't Ali Zafar have a few steamy scenes in that London-NY-Paris movie, or whatever it was? My question to everyone who has a problem with these Pakistani women shedding it all in India..why hasn't Ali Zafar been questioned about what he has to do in bollywood films?

That makes no sense because if you think about it, Mona Lisa is a nobody when compared to Ali Zafar and so is Sasha Agha...yet the double standards are so mind boggling.

About this though, I read somewhere that Sasha was so uncomfortable doing her scenes with Arjun that she had her mother, Salma there with her for those intimate scenes..I mean if that's what happens, then we can't even rant..😆 And as Umz mentioned, I don't even think Salma has been living in Pakistan at all for quite a while.

I avoided that movie like the plague lol. I was so dissapointed when I saw the trailer for that film because Ali Zafar is a good actor, and tere bin laden was brilliant.

Although I don't think this stuff will affect 'pakistani culture', I mean that's pretty dubious; however I do find it sad that the proper family films have become a rarity. I was actually looking forward to this movie too because I quite like Arjun Kapoor and thought it'd would be interesting to see him in a double role, but gonna be avoiding it now. I just find that stuff so embarrassing.
Edited by Amara_B - 11 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
who is she or anyone to judge?