Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Karma Warriors

Posted: 11 days ago

Vishnu's sixth avatar, Parasuram, is an enraged sage with Kshatriya characteristics.

Lord Vishnu took the form of Parshurama to assist Mother Earth in eliminating wicked and destructive kings who disregarded their responsibilities.

Because his father had given him the order to kill her, he killed his mother. However, as a boon from his father, he later asked him to bring her back to life. 

He killed  only the Kshatriyas who entered Ranbhumi to fight and were slaughtered but not their kids.

Their children go to Ranbhumi to battle Parshuram after becoming kings, and they end up dead, twenty-one times.

Kshatriyas who upheld the dharma and refrained from opposing Parashuram were spared death. Rama's ancestors managed to survive in this way and in the same manner as Janak, the King of Mithila too survived.

When Parasuram realized that Rama was not the royalty he had assumed, he treated him like a dignified sage!

He instructed Rama to lay an arrow on his Dhanush after stringing it, he did, and then Rama asked him as "Sage, you well know, great sage, an arrow nocked to Vishnu's powerful bow must be pointed in the direction of its target. I will not kill a Brahmin, that is a sin. Therefore, I am forced to either erase the merit you have gained from your intense penances or your ability to move at the speed of thought. Which one will it be?" Rama asked.

A grin of enlightened humility appeared on Parasurama's elderly visage, -- "Please, do not take away my ability to move. I must return to Mahendra Mountain, my home, as Kashyapa has forbidden me from spending even a single day on Earth. Instead, destroy my penance's merits."

Karna was cursed by Parasuram for lying to him.

He felt betrayed, he had vowed not to teach Kshatriyas. Later on, he came to regret it and bestowed upon Karna his celestial chariot, a bow, and immortal warrior reputation.

He was a very vengeful sage, yet he was also a compassionate listener to human frailties, even his own as an enraged sage.

When Ganesha refused to allow Parshuram to enter Lord Shiva's domain after receiving instructions from Shiva himself, Parasuram was enraged.  He was arguing with Shiva's son without even realizing it. When he moved forward, Lord Ganesha shoved him back, which infuriated him and caused him to use his parshu on him. Shiva gave Parshuram the parshu as a gift. Ganesha believed that using a weapon to defend himself would be disrespectful to his father's weapon, so he just allowed the weapon to chop off his teeth. 

For his every outrage and reaction, there was a reason behind it.

A hermit's anger is always limited to his speech; although they may curse others for a short while, their hearts are pure gold, and they will soon be showered with blessings. 

Parasuram is Vishnu's incarnation to wage a war against sin and oppression with aggression! 

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Vishnu's sixth avatar, Parasuram, is an enraged sage with Kshatriya characteristics.

Lord Vishnu took the form of Parshurama to assist Mother Earth in eliminating wicked and destructive kings who disregarded their responsibilities.

Because his father had given him the order to kill her, he killed his mother. However, as a boon from his father, he later asked him to bring her back to life. 

He killed  only the Kshatriyas who entered Ranbhumi to fight and were slaughtered but not their kids.

Their children go to Ranbhumi to battle Parshuram after becoming kings, and they end up dead, twenty-one times.

Kshatriyas who upheld the dharma and refrained from opposing Parashuram were spared death. Rama's ancestors managed to survive in this way and in the same manner as Janak, the King of Mithila too survived.

When Parasuram realized that Rama was not the royalty he had assumed, he treated him like a dignified sage!

He instructed Rama to lay an arrow on his Dhanush after stringing it, he did, and then Rama asked him as "Sage, you well know, great sage, an arrow nocked to Vishnu's powerful bow must be pointed in the direction of its target. I will not kill a Brahmin, that is a sin. Therefore, I am forced to either erase the merit you have gained from your intense penances or your ability to move at the speed of thought. Which one will it be?" Rama asked.

A grin of enlightened humility appeared on Parasurama's elderly visage, -- "Please, do not take away my ability to move. I must return to Mahendra Mountain, my home, as Kashyapa has forbidden me from spending even a single day on Earth. Instead, destroy my penance's merits."

Karna was cursed by Parasuram for lying to him.

He felt betrayed, he had vowed not to teach Kshatriyas. Later on, he came to regret it and bestowed upon Karna his celestial chariot, a bow, and immortal warrior reputation.

He was a very vengeful sage, yet he was also a compassionate listener to human frailties, even his own as an enraged sage.

When Ganesha refused to allow Parshuram to enter Lord Shiva's domain after receiving instructions from Shiva himself, Parasuram was enraged.  He was arguing with Shiva's son without even realizing it. When he moved forward, Lord Ganesha shoved him back, which infuriated him and caused him to use his parshu on him. Shiva gave Parshuram the parshu as a gift. Ganesha believed that using a weapon to defend himself would be disrespectful to his father's weapon, so he just allowed the weapon to chop off his teeth. 

For his every outrage and reaction, there was a reason behind it.

A hermit's anger is always limited to his speech; although they may curse others for a short while, their hearts are pure gold, and they will soon be showered with blessings. 

Parasuram is Vishnu's incarnation to wage a war against sin and oppression with aggression! 

Beautifully Written

You Described Lord Parshuram  Perfectly 

smiley31

Posted: 10 days ago

[Post Removed]

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 days ago

Nice topic Quantum-Dot,

Those steps may seem drastic from a normal human perspective. But that time was different. He was born at the end of Sat Yuga & beginning of Treta Yuga. At that time, truth was the main quality, people followed. Truth was Dharma. Anyone deviating from path of Truth, was considered adharmi by action. Such actions were punished as per low of that Country, by the King or ruler of that land. 

But if the King himself, starts following adharma, then who'll punish him? There were several Kings, who deviated from path of Dharma. 

Lord Parashuram's father was Rishi Jamadagni, a Brahmin & Renuka, a Kshatriya. He was called Ram Jamadagnya.

They had a celestial Cow- Surabhi. Who would fulfill all their needs & give things in abundance. King Kartaveerya Arjun, gets this news. He comes to Rishi Jamadani, asks for the Cow, who refuses to give. King takes the Cow by force, killing Rishi Jamadagni. 

When Ram Jamadagnya, returns, seeing his father dead, he gets angry. With an Axe- Parshu in his hand, he challenges King Kartaveerya Arjun, who sends his huge army. Only to get finished by Ram's Axe. Even Kartaveerya Arjun gets killed by Ram Jamadagya's Axe, reducing burden on Earth. Since then Ram, was known as Parashuram. 

Whatever he did was for a greater purpose. 

It is said, even now He lives in Dranagiri Mount. 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Wow I didn't knew that 😦 😦 😦 I felt sympathy for karna for getting bane from Parshuram ji just because he wanted to learn but this changed my perspective a little 😕 

If you go through the texts, you'll realize Karna deserves no sympathy. TV serials wrongly portrayed him as a tragic hero.