piyushi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

They are copying YHM. It feels as if I'm watching YHM with diff actors. I've no problem with taking idea or inspiration from other serials but at least don't copy it scene by scene. The fights, back stories of leads, infertile FL to the fact Savi teaching Sai table manners so that she can attend party.

It ruins the fun as most of the time you're aware what is going to happen. And this is not just this serial, it is a trend most of them are following - Maati se bandhi dor is new version of Imlie, Yrkkh has followed Ghkpm in Gen 4 till 2 months back and now moved away from it. Guess it is the residual Ekta maa effect as she used to serve same story with diff names on diff channels and sometime on the same channel. Get some fresh ideas and writers. Ek hi writer itne serial manage karega toh yahi hoga. Story nahi hai toh serial band kar do.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Because it's a remake so it will be similar smiley2

All of this show's seasons has been remakes/based on just like most star plus shows are from star south shows lol

I never seen YHM so for me its all new.. well as new as it can be cos serials are all gonna be similar anyhow.... in any way or scenes etc

I'm interested in Savi's journey and I'm liking Savi and Rajat pairing. Good actors as well.

And Ekta seems to have copied YHM from a novel or based on the novel. And it seems its made 5-6 times in other south languages.

If Star Plus channel are cool with it and gave permission then guess it's ok.

Edited by Lennie - 3 months ago
Sukorameni thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Just a correction -YHM is not copied .it was the official adaption of custody and it really was a adaption because ekta had added a lot more to the story .Ghum is a copy because makers are dumb and useless and they can't write a original screenplay.
akipog thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sukorameni

Just a correction -YHM is not copied .it was the official adaption of custody and it really was a adaption because ekta had added a lot more to the story .Ghum is a copy because makers are dumb and useless and they can't write a original screenplay.

U said it all. Yhm is inspired from custody novel nd tbh Ekta nd Sonali made it suitable for itv viewing. The novel has an extremely bold theme nd Ekta nd team made it family friendly. Though yhm is loosely based on d plot of Manju Kapoor's custody she did bring diff layers to the chars to Raman nd Ishita . Yhm was supposed to be a limited show wid just 150 epis but the gargantuan success forced Ek to write another 1500 epis. Yhm had the best screenplay nd execution for almost 350 epis nd the initial 150 epis r of high standard. DivAnRu nailed the chars along with the supporting cast. The north south wedding theme , kid playing cupid nd step mom becoming the best mom version all started with yhm . These were very new 2 d audience nd d suspense elements were kept intact esp the accident scene nd bhoot track. Here everything is cut copy paste nd there's no freshness. Ppl should learn to do constructive criticism then only actors nd writers have room for growth orelse such mediocrity keeps thriving on.Yhm can never be compared nd ghum team failed big time in doing justice to the og cult show. More than anyone makers nd writers r to be blamed upon. Instead of cont the story wid IshVi nd dabh plot they took this suicidal route. There's no head or tail 2 d story nd everything is blatantly copied without an ounce of creativity. Bhavika nd Hitesh are made scapegoats in this mess esp BS. She was stupendous as college going Savi but her matured self as a foster mother isn't convincing nd Hitesh is unable to bring in d vulnerability of Rajat the way KP did with Raman nd most imp there's no spark amongsr d trio nd everything looks mechanical. The organic flow amongst IshRaRu nd the ease in chem bwn IshRu, RaRu nd IshRa is completely missing here . Yhm was remade b4 but none of them had such a terrible execution. The mal nd Tamil remakes of yhm had an excellent cast nd good storyline. Kalyanam mudhal kaadhal vare nd malayalam version pranayam were the best yhm remakes so far. Even in those versions writers brought in their own elements. All the earlier versions of ghum were remakes but d diff is those were regional remakes nd the dialogues had freshness unlike here were the dialogues nd screen play are like verbatim. If audience are sensible enough they will reject this crap. Imlie too was copied from Ishtikutum but it wasn't a blatant copy infact hindi Imlie wasn't as bold as Bangla one nd hindi Imlie had it's own screen play nd scenes that r extremely diff from d og. Imlie's initial 150 epis was of high standard in terms of acting, chem , screenplay nd cinematography. Here these makers aren't even bothered to edit scenes well nd bring in some freshness . The editing is irratic nd the lazy script writing is such a snooze fest. The homely vibe of yhm isn't here .

Edited by akipog - 3 months ago
DaisyDiva thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The biggest problem with this copying is that the actors are bearing the blunt. No one is watching their acting, (I personally like BS's acting since s2) but here also I am comparing everyone with the OG show. How can they just copy one of the top shows just like that. How about considering what type of cast they have and will they be able to do justice

I mean not to be rude but really no comments on the Mihika, Mihir and Romi of ghum.

Havent seen any clips of Ashok, Shagun yet.

zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ekta didn't take a scene from custody novel but only storyline n characters..All the scenes in yhm was Ekta,Sandip Sickand and Sonali Jaffar's vision n were written by them so No remake doesn't mean u take all scenes with word to word dialogues n show them as ur vision onscreen.Remake means telling similar storyline in different manner with your creativity which ganja makers lacks..Yhm was custody novel's adaptation n not a remake .

Waidehi thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: piyushi

They are copying YHM. It feels as if I'm watching YHM with diff actors. I've no problem with taking idea or inspiration from other serials but at least don't copy it scene by scene. The fights, back stories of leads, infertile FL to the fact Savi teaching Sai table manners so that she can attend party.

It ruins the fun as most of the time you're aware what is going to happen. And this is not just this serial, it is a trend most of them are following - Maati se bandhi dor is new version of Imlie, Yrkkh has followed Ghkpm in Gen 4 till 2 months back and now moved away from it. Guess it is the residual Ekta maa effect as she used to serve same story with diff names on diff channels and sometime on the same channel. Get some fresh ideas and writers. Ek hi writer itne serial manage karega toh yahi hoga. Story nahi hai toh serial band kar do.

with all this getting stable trp 1.9 is huge so huge trp more drama they will get more and again toxicity will start without toxic this season will nit run i m sure this guy will be more bad than even Ishan