Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Most of the revenue must be coming from streaming like Koffee with Karan and Bollywood Wives. The deals for stuff like Call me Bae might have been done earlier too. They also have a division for ads. All flop movies also get streaming deals.

But 1000 crores still sounds very high. I dunno.

Did they distribute or present a movie in 2023? Because that article above says their revenue for 2022 was under 300cr so it must have been something big that too it to above 1000 crores for 2023.

hasini009 thumbnail

sell stake!

I read snake. I was like he’s on sale??smiley3smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well, it was bound to come...

It started with nepotism debate, the downgrading of the 'quality' of his shows (KwK and the Houswife-thing) and peeked with what was invested in Brahmastra (certainly more than 400 cr). In addition, the fire in Dharma-premises (allegedly resulting in the shelving of Takht) and some other questionable things happening there (employing of Rajeev Masand, imo, and strong rumours of rigging results e.g.).

Dharma's reputation in filmindustry-circles isn't what the article wants to make appear.

Karan eyes T-Series (Bushan), I suppose...but I also suppose that he will lose the production house if he doesn't completely change some things.

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

KJO doesnt look like himself lately either. He has not been bouncing around..was very lowkey and barely there in Ambani wedding. Looks like personally and professionally he is in trouble. A lot of it is his own doing tbh..

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Edited by Daebak - 2 months ago

Word Count: 0

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sad news, He should not sell, He should convince SRK and Bhai and do couple of action films with them.

Edited by forza - 2 months ago
naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Dharma only made 10 crores in profit last year despite have over 1000 crore in revenue?!! How is that possible? Their profit is only 1% of their revenue?!!!

And why bother running a company at all when you can make that money easily in the stock market? What am I missing?

Most of the movies were average. So if revenues r there equal expenditure too is there. So profit is low.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: forza

Sad news, He should not sell, He should convince SRK and Bhai and do couple of action films with them.

I actually think he needs to take a break. Honestly, I don’t hate Dharma films. In fact up until SOTY, I was a fan.

Karan needs to recognize that the nepo kids he’s pushing are severely untalented and they’ve literally taken Dharma to financial decline. If he doesn’t get it now then he should sell it.

I think he should take a few years off, spend time with his own kids (and not Alia) and just reassess his entire career and purpose.

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Aur karo nepo babies ko promote..lol
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

only yrf has survived all these years!!! everyone including kjo struggled financially despite of backing of many corporates and joint ventures. Aditya chopra is the shrewdest of all. YRF retains all their IPs and hardly ever jointly produced apart from some here and there.