Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 days ago

Originally posted by: hotchoco

KJo lost his mind thinking he is a kingmaker and started believing his own hype. He thought he will create his own stars and have them working underneath him like those old Hollywood studio systems of the 1930s and 40s. I don't know why he expanded so quickly - he was making like 10 movies a year and even started a talent management company Dharma-Cornerstone during the pandemic.

Producers usually never lose money even from flops because you can recoup it back through streaming, satellite and music rights. I don't know how it makes any sense that he's having so much financial trouble.

Even now, why can't he sell 49% and keep the majority stake and the power in his own hands? That would free up money for him to make more movies.

The studio system of Hollywood from the 30s-40s is a very apt comparison. Each studio took pride in having the biggest stars with MGM in particular claiming it had more stars than there were in the heavens. The big difference between then and now is that all those stars were self-made. Cinema was in its infancy so there was no generations of film families with star kids who could reap the benefits without the hard work. All the major stars were generally dirt poor and established entirely new identities to escape their pasts (Cary Grant, Joan Crawford, Barbara Stanwyck, etc.) If you had charisma and talent, you could become a star overnight (Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth, Doris Day). The few star kids that existed were usually the children of silent film stars and they never made it as big as their parents.

What KJo has done is create his stable of stars but based entirely on family pedigree and who is backed by who. Nothing to do with talents, personality, or even looks.

Also KJo selects the "stars" himself. He doesn't go by public approval. The big Hollywood studios would groom actors into becoming big stars and wait to see if the public would accept them or not. There were many Greta Garbo/Marlene Dietrich knockoffs that lesser studios tried to make into big stars but failed. These knockoffs got the grooming and star treatment but after 3-4 flop films in a row, that was it for them.

Meanwhile in Bollywood, the likes of Jhanvi has gotten dozens of films and never proved herself in even one of them. Hollywood let the public make a star, but KJo believes it's his right alone and the rest of us should take whatever he says. That we the audience don't know what's good for us, only KJo knows and only he can provide the material. His arrogance has backfired on him.

Part of the reason his early films were accepted is because they didn't make stars. They were already cast with stars like SRK, Kajol, the Bachchans, Hrithik, etc. They already existed and were famous and popular without KJo pushing them. The only one he can be argued as giving stardom was Rani Mukerji. Even then, KKHH gave her the initial push but she was languishing for years after that until Saathiya and YRF cemented her as a leading lady. Ever since the 2010s, KJo has been relying on making new stars and force feeding us them rather than using established ones.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

There is nothing happy about a once successful company going bankrupt. Can’t believe this is happening.

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Don't laugh losers. I am still much richer than you beggars... is going to be Kjo's PR strategy.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

teri_Sanem thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: you2

Don't laugh losers. I am still much richer than you beggars... is going to be Kjo's PR strategy.

sach to yahi hai bekhariyon ko aaj samajh aaye ya kal
you2 thumbnail

@ Nishita

I am making my own deductions from what I have read so far.

The first was a leak from the registrar's office ,that Kjo had taken a rental apartment in Pali Hill and done the paper work.Followed by an article that he was worth 1100 crs.Then came the news that He was selling majority stakes. The value of 600 crs was put out by an influencer on twitter.

Kjo probably has to sell real estate to get that kind of money.Most business people buy property in the name of the company and then lease it to save taxes.

Yeah..so I am watching the development so far.

Alia his protege too was taught the same strategy..Nepo this Nepo that..go cry!

Edited by you2 - 5 days ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: you2

@ Nishita

I am making my own deductions from what I have read so far.

The first was a leak from the registrar's office ,that Kjo had taken a rental apartment in Pali Hill and done the paper work.Followed by an article that he was worth 1100 crs.Then came the news that He was selling majority stakes. The value of 600 crs was put out by an influencer on twitter.

Kjo probably has to sell real estate to get that kind of money.Most business people buy property in the name of the company and then lease it to save taxes.

Yeah..so I am watching the development so far.

Alia his protege too was taught the same strategy..Nepo this Nepo that..go cry!

KJo is not bankrupt or anything close to it. He has personal money hoarded away. He makes loads of money even from stuff like Koffee with Karan. Dharma is a different entity even though he owns it. 600 crores sounds less and I could see the final numbers being different. But even if it's just 600 crores, that's still $80 million dollars that he will cash in for half the company. He would still own the other half.

Karan's personal finances will be fine and he will make a good chunk from Dharma too.

In fact, I bet he will end up selling only a minority stake to Reliance and make a good amount of money out of it so that he can continue to "own" Dharma and he would be cash rich so he can make new movies.

you2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: teri_Sanem

sach to yahi hai bekhariyon ko aaj samajh aaye ya kal

Bhikaari log bhi jhagdte honge. I earned 100 rupees today.Tere pass kya hai.

The rich feel the pain of public humiliation,They have to watch the world judging them..apart from their own social circles.

How devastating could this have been for Kjo? He must have driven back in his Mercedes.Would that have lessened his humiliation?

https://x.com/Vivekkeshwani8/status/1812307960187760793

you2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

KJo is not bankrupt or anything close to it. He has personal money hoarded away. He makes loads of money even from stuff like Koffee with Karan. Dharma is a different entity even though he owns it. 600 crores sounds less and I could see the final numbers being different. But even if it's just 600 crores, that's still $80 million dollars that he will cash in for half the company. He would still own the other half.

Karan's personal finances will be fine and he will make a good chunk from Dharma too.

In fact, I bet he will end up selling only a minority stake to Reliance and make a good amount of money out of it so that he can continue to "own" Dharma and he would be cash rich so he can make new movies.

Absolutely.Look at Lalit Modi, Vijay Mallya living like Kings abroad. So they live, eat drink..

If I have to move to a smaller place,due to a setback..to not so nice a neighbourhood.Will the maid there understand my pain?

Edited by you2 - 5 days ago