Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

We can talk about nepotism ALL DAY. But the fact is - Nepotism is as bad as it is, because of Karan Johar.

Lets look back, he worked with Kajol and Rani in KKHH - both nepo babies, and there was no word of nepotism back then, why? I'll tell you why -nepotism has always been around in Bollywood but Karan Johar is the one who has weaponized it to ensure that he stays relevant. He is doing this to make sure HE still makes money. Its all a power and business grab. Thats why he has dumped SRK, who at one point swore that he would never work without him. Ironically, when SRK was delivering flops, KJO did nothing to help.

How many more movies is he going to give Janvhi and Sara?Its his insistence on casting Janhvi Kapoor in roles that she's simply not cut out for that irks me. Imagine Mrunal or Tripti in Mr and Mrs Mahi. Or Tripti in Gunjan Saxena. They would've taken it to a whole other level. He tried to create Raazi's for Janhvi and Sara- and both miserably failed. His obsession continues as he's working with Ibrahim, Khushi Kapoor, and really pushing for Shanaya Kapoor.

Karan Johar has weaponized nepotism, tarnished Bollywood's reputation and turned it into a business. We are all protesting against nepotism, but he is literally making money off of it. He's getting richer, because two celebs produced a child.

Everyone spends so much time hating the nepo product, that they don't realize who the real mastermind is

He gave your Aishwarya Rai multiple attempts to star in movies with him but settled for a half-baked cameo in ADHM! So what are you complaining about?

smiley39

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: priya185

Kjo is lowering his own brand value by casting nepos like Janhvi, Ananya and Sara. Sara acts well sometimes but badly in kjo films and lak2

After he stopped working with SRK he uses nepos to stay relevant. Nepos do create more initial hype but most of them can’t act

Kjo would do better in my opinion producing South films or being a judge on TV

Bahurani had multiple opportunities to star in KJO films but she was to full of herself.

So that is why the TM is bitter.

smiley16

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He does this also
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Kjo is lowering his own brand value by casting nepos like Janhvi, Ananya and Sara. Sara acts well sometimes but badly in kjo films and lak2

After he stopped working with SRK he uses nepos to stay relevant. Nepos do create more initial hype but most of them can’t act

You nailed it!

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

Bahurani had multiple opportunities to star in KJO films but she was to full of herself.

So that is why the TM is bitter.

Why do you think that?

It's not often that I agree with Smiley, but there is truth in the post...Karan put nepotism on the foreground of movie discussions and that is deviating from the movie itself. One can see this in this forum, where discussions about certain movies mostly result in discussion about nepotism.

I also agree with the egoism Smiley sees in KJo's behaviour of shifting from quite experienced actors/actresses to the youngsters. That certainly had a lot to do with self-assurance. He really has changed after 2010.

As for Janhvi ... imo, she was quite good in Bawaal (not a Dharma production, btw.).

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Sanjay Leela Bhansali made his niece Sharmin audition 16 times across 1 year and Kjo hires star kids without proper rigorous auditions
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Excellent points! He is making money off of this whole nepotism debate and the hype it generates initially. Even all his drama about how he’s not nepotistic is all that, drama and an act. He knows exactly what he’s doing and when the cameras are away he’s laughing all the way to the bank.

Well, no one ever accused KJo of being stupid.

bloomers thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lol, at this point I am shocked KJo gave Tripti Bad News instead of Ananya or worse, Shanaya. I agree, I am just bored with him constantly trying to cast nepos and make them "happen" Earlier, even if the nepos were raw as actors, they had something going for them - some personality off screen (whether likeable or insufferable), and some screen presence on screen. Now everyone looks the same, talk the same, and they are so so boring to watch and listen to. None of them have a "real story" to tell if that makes sense in terms of life experiences. I could barely sit through Archies the movie, but I couldn't sit through their interviews either. A single Wamiqa scene from Khufiya will outshine most of the work that Janhvi, Sara etc have done so far. Imagine Janhvi trying to pull off Wamiqa's Yeh jawani hai deewani dance. Mrunal is gorgeous and I can't think of Sara trying to replicate her breakdown scene from Hi Nanna. Off topic but I don't understand how Karan is giving Janhvi theatrical releases like Mr and Mrs Mahi and that new Sunny sanskari film opp Varun. She has barely had any BO successes so far. If Janhvi is almost on the same level as some of the other non-nepos in terms of BO, I don't know why Karan can't place bets on outsiders instead of constantly taking the same 3-4 insiders. Janhvi also feels so miscast in them. I just can't get behind her pairing with Varun (how can I forget that he is close friends with Janhvi's brother?) and RKR. Both feel like they are a part of a different generation.
abcxyz12 thumbnail
Totally agree with what you said. Karan is a smart businessman. He knows the nepos are going to bring him more money than the outsiders. General public should realize that people like karan are just using their curiosity and fascination about these celebrities for earning money. Until people stop watching their movies, following them on social medias and simply ignore their existence, they will continue to get movies, endorsements.
Nepofan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Karan johar, his money , his productions ,he will or he can do whatever he want....who are others to question him ,on whom to spend money and what purpose..

Why always going on with kjo kjo...all other producers and productions are vanished? Nope ..even after 5 consecutive flops mr. Dinesh vijayan is giving work to kriti why nobody question that? Leave that why can't other productions spend money on Oscar winning outsiders actress and support them? There is no lack of talent...there is long queue for auditions other producer's can take talent from tht queue...