Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Posted: 1 months ago

Kjo looked fine in the Call me Bae launch press event..Besides that I really hope he is ok..he does seem quite lowkey and not himself as well. Noone deserves the C-Word.smiley13

+++++++++++++++++++++

Talking about Rocky aur Rani, I was in love with it when it released..but then I watched it again on Prime and kinda found it not very bearable in the second run..I guess Alia winning for Rani and Ranveer or the actor playing Rani's father not winning anything has really pissed me off.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I think we need to maintain two separate lists for OTT and Theatrical because the business models are just so different for both the movies. I dont think production houses get any revenue from a movie post its OTT release - its purely based on how much did the streaming platform purchase that movie for - unless its a multi-movie deal, in which case it gets even more complicated

That being said, even if we just take the Theatrical releases, its quite an sad story and a big fall for Dharma Productions - they used to churn out Hits after Hits and had overtaken YRF also at one point. They are having a pretty awful time right now (no wonder there was news about KJo looking to sell majority stake in Dharma)

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

The 5 movies he produced and cancelled for Shanaya.

This part made me chuckle smiley36 How bad a nepo talent do you have to be that even Papa Jo cannot dare to launch you and keeps shelving movies

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I hope Karan’s health is ok

In a related news I read his army movie w Salman the Bull is officially shelved 🤷‍♀️

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

I don't wish ill on Karan. He has two small children and I could never.

However, I won't lie. He has caused a lot of toxic damage in the industry and even acts Godly at times. I think he should take a break for a few years and come back with something stronger. Give us a break from nepo babies.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah, I have no sympathy for a rich old man whose favorite past time is toying with other peoples' lives.

Anyway, the Dharma brand carries value only with his name attached. Somebody will come in and salvage it, and Karan will be right back to his old ways.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

- Kesari

- Kalank

- SOTY-2

- Drive

- Bhoot

- Gunjan Saxena

- Shershaah (OTT, but is it a hit?)

- Gehraiyaan

- Jug Jug Jeeyo

- Liger

- Govinda Mera Naam

- Selfiee

- Yodha

- Mrs and Ms Mahi

Sooryavanshi and Good Newz are the only clean hits.

Compared to the above disasters - Dhadak, Jug Jug Jeeyo and Bad Newz had somewhat decent numbers but still underscored badly and didn’t reach their full potential. Still not clean hits.

Both Rocky and Rani and Brahmastra underperformed badly as well with Brahmastra creating the most losses. Also let’s not even mention his projects that got cancelled - Takht, Dostana 2. The 5 movies he produced and cancelled for Shanaya.

Things aren’t looking good for KJO!

Iss DHEET OBSESSIVE aadmi ko koi farq nahi parna....

Likh kar rakhh lo

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Kjo looked fine in the Call me Bae launch press event..Besides that I really hope he is ok..he does seem quite lowkey and not himself as well. Noone deserves the C-Word.smiley13

+++++++++++++++++++++

Talking about Rocky aur Rani, I was in love with it when it released..but then I watched it again on Prime and kinda found it not very bearable in the second run..I guess Alia winning for Rani and Ranveer or the actor playing Rani's father not winning anything has really pissed me off.

Yes agreed. Cancer is so horrifying and KJo does not deserve it. His father was much older when he passed from it so even if it's in his family history, I hope that's not something he has to worry about now or anytime soon (and hopefully not ever).

I have the same thoughts as you on the film. I enjoyed it when it came out, especially after the underwhelming ADHM and shallow SOTY. It felt like a return to form for KJo but now as time has gone by, I don't think I have much interest in revisiting it. Alia winning the Filmfare for it really turned me off the movie (and I've heard many similar comments on social media so it's ironic that Alia's desperation for the award not only undercut her reputation but also her film's legacy). Ranveer was far more deserving a winner. I also liked the father's performance although I'm fine with Vicky winning for Dunki. Vicky's Dunki win was more a consolation prize since he wasn't going to be allowed to win best actor for Sam Bahadur.

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't wish him ill will because he has young children, but I also don't have any sympathy for the man.

He is a terrible shitfaced human being who continues to actively and purposely bully and destroy the lives and careers of others he deems as less-than. His abuse of power is disgusting. He has single-handedly created a horrible elitist gatekeeping structure that has destroyed the hindi film industry.

I don't know what he deserves... Maybe he is getting his just desserts now and frankly I can't say I care.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Bhansali should be careful. He is taking a big risk self producing a film for the first time.A love story with parents of a baby-they hype more than themselves. Married couples work very well in multi Starcast films. Solo love stories are hard to sell.Stars offline images affect their roles. The bad luck started since Salman left Inshahallah,when SLB couldn't find a producer.

What happened to Bhansali productions making films like Rowdy Rathore ,R Rajkumar...

Edited by you2 - 1 months ago