Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

I have not watched Maidan yet. So it is possible that it is a superior movie.

But CDI's promotion was far superior. Although CDI had the advantage of the pre-streaming era, it evoked emotional investment. Perhaps it is because I am a woman who played field hockey and not soccer, Maidan did not create any emotional investment for me to see. CDI also had a banging soundtrack that had people singing along.

From the reviews, I have watched Maidan does meander a bit and could have done with tighter editing to maintain tension. Maidan also invests too much time in unnecessary antagonists versus the characters. Maidan's length and darker tones make it less appealing.

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

Maidaan is about Football right? i need to check it out, i love football and like Ajay so i'm hopefull

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well simple, Chak De already did it before. Audiences don’t like to see the same story over and over again. It lost the novelty that CDI had.

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ChanChanMan

No offence but Maidaan can never reach the euphoria created by Chak De. ❤️ CDI is an emotion you can't deny.

Also, nowadays there's such readily available content that films don't linger in anyone's mind. The audience moves on quickly.

and it was first of that kind in indian cinema

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

No way. Chak de is emotion

I haven't watched Maidan yet.....but up till now....no sport based movie comes even close to CDI.....and I am sure this one wouldn't ....CDI is one of a kind.....no one can ever replicate it..

Having said that....I have no doubt about Ajay's performance in the movie......he is a gem when it comes to acting...smiley27

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

Sarook saar fans 1 2 3 nh chorege ab tmhy mintypie smiley13

smiley37 the issue ajay don’t have that much star power n lacks charm that some have but acting wise he’s powerhouse in comparison.
Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I have watched both and Maidaan is superior in every waysmiley27

Chak De India was a hit when it released in 2007.

Was the audience more evolved at that point of time?

the reason is star power/charm which he lacks to get them to the theaters on his own. Though he as had other movies that have done well but those were more entertaining movies like drishum series was mystery like say race 1 and then gol maal singham entertainers that have not only multi cast but enjoyable. This movie is slow paced not something one would want to see in the theater these days esp with OTT option. Dunki by Hirani did avg - semi hit in some sites like but did better on OTT. I think chak de when it came out or even swades did ok but weren’t blockbusters either . Only sports movie that was critically acclaimed n also did really well despite the clash is Lagan.
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wat_up

I think chak de when it came out or even swades did ok but weren’t blockbusters either . Only sports movie that was critically acclaimed n also did really well despite the clash is Lagan.

Swades was a flop, but Chak De got a blockbuster tag (later downgraded to Super Hit). It had a very slow opening because the promotions by YRF were very mild and the Chak De video song was added only later on to push some interest (and what a song it turned out to be). It got a very low opening, but then went on to be a huge.

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Chak De got a blockbuster tag (later downgraded to Super Hit). It had a very slow opening because the promotions by YRF were very mild and the Chak De video song was added only later on to push some interest (and what a song it turned out to be). It got a very low opening, but then went on to be a huge.

I don’t remember that tag but could be but Main point though maidaan is good movie n as mainly positive reviews n will be enjoyed in OTT despite how it did in theaters like some movies it lack starpower to get those to the theaters n based on trailers could tell it’s slow paced movie n not engaging enough to be seen in theaters by some.