BMCM and Maidaan both have a DISASTROUS Day 1!!

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

BOI:

The Eid releases have not performed well on day one as bade Miyan Chote Miyan heads towards the 15 crore nett mark and Maidaan looks to be heading to collect around 5 crore nett.

Bade Miyan Chote Miyan got that Eid crowd in pockets to give its collectiosn a little push but ithat crowd will dwindle over teh next few days. Maidaan was never and Eid film anyway so that mass push did not come so it will have a chance to hold its collections.

All is a sad Eid though the industry should be pretty much shock proof as when the audience stays away it stays away and it basically a repeat of what has happened a few times before post the pandemic

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=8432

My God....these are just PATHETIC numbers for BMCM! Just for context:

-Akshay's Rowdy Rathore also did 15 cr, but that was 12 years ago. On a non-holiday.

-Akshay's Ram Setu, which had ZERO buzz and also clashed with an Ajay film, also did the same 15 cr

And what do I even say about Maidaan?! 5 cr for an Ajay film on a NATIONAL HOLIDAY?! smiley3 I'm speechless....

Edited by srkat - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

This is a clear msg esp for akshay and tiger that audience is done with them..the combined total of these 2 on national holiday is 20cr which is just alarming indeed

I have heard the budget for BMCM is 350cr? What the..who puts in this much for an akshay/tiger movie and based on the BO..it looks likely to emerge as one of the biggest disasters of all time

They exposed like others on coporate booking . Between are u Punjabi

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

And AAZ was taking digs at Sid and YRF for Pathan smiley36where is he now ?

Nepofan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Atleast could have selected good heroines......

I was saying my cousin let's go for bmcm she was like omg can't tolerate tiger and bad heroines

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

I doubt opening is 15 crore. Really really doubt that number.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

And AAZ was taking digs at Sid and YRF for Pathan smiley36where is he now ?

Sid is worse when he made us stupid statements on planes vs autos n I doubt it was due to Ali it’s more due to the producers doing coporate bookings but this movie couldn’t even hide it like Gardar 2 or animal the other two movies got exposed but no one cares trade just talks on it nits hushed away as even adda today etc said movies who had such huge numbers did so what lol smiley37 The practice is is not illegal like match fixing because someone is spending their money but one should know out todo it properly .

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I doubt opening is 15 crore. Really really doubt that number.

it’s coporate booking. You havent read the thread. This time the trade openly said so lol. Adda today even said movies the 4 ( meaning who did 400/500 cr or more used this method as it’s not illegal.
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Why suvh high budgets for shit scripts? Nahi dekhni high budget movie give us good content!

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: cougarTown

This is a clear msg esp for akshay and tiger that audience is done with them..the combined total of these 2 on national holiday is 20cr which is just alarming indeed

I have heard the budget for BMCM is 350cr? What the..who puts in this much for an akshay/tiger movie and based on the BO..it looks likely to emerge as one of the biggest disasters of all time

Majority of it is Akshay and Tiger’s pay. Reportedly Akshay got 160 crores for this movie and Tiger 40. In this case obviously smaller paychecks wouldn’t have made the movie a hit as it’s a washout from day one. But a smaller budget could have lessened the loss and kept it from potentially becoming amongst the biggest Bollywood disasters.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/bollywood/080122/akki-is-paid-160cr-and-tiger-shroff-gets-40cr.html