Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 months ago
lol 😂 I know but there no corporate booking like the other movie
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Amit Sharma has delivered a very good comedy with Badhaai Ho (I didn't watch his debut movie yet), so I think that Maidaan would be a quite interesting movie...

BUT... unlike ChakDe the focus is on men and that is less in the same vein of ChakDe but more in the one of Gold... I wonder how much success it will get on single screens or with family audience.

Field hockey and Football aren't National Sports with as much attention as Cricket...and (I suppose) even less with female audience... ChakDe (with an unanimous praise from critics side and SRK in the lead) could attract a part of the audience that - maybe - Maidaan won't.

In addition, even a very good Ajay hasn't the adulation SRK has, I feel.

[As for the 'corporate bookings', the statements are just assertions with no verifiable data behind...so, boxoffice figures have no meaning to me]

Afterthought: Maidaan is a biopic....ChakDe has a coach who is inspired by a certain sports person but still a fictional character which gave the movie more scope to explore the team building of the women field hockey team. Also, the patriotism has different shades, I think.

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
1279338 thumbnail

Terrific movie. 75-80% occupied screen. When lights come on and majority are wiping tears and smiling, you know a movie has touched the audience. People were clapping and cheering every goal, tackle and save.

Glad it released on the big screen not OTT after years of delays. The visuals are amazingly shot and you feel you are in the stadium. the background score is killer especially in the second half and takes the goosebumps to the next level. Priyamani is a natural in her limited role. Gajraj is superb as the antagonist. The team is brilliantly cast as well.

The only con is the length and the first half seems slow. But I felt it was a necessary buildup for the second half which more than makes up for it.

Lastly Ajay Devgn - mind-blowing once in a decade performance.

Originally posted by: RiddlerPump

Terrific movie. 75-80% occupied screen. When lights come on and majority are wiping tears and smiling, you know a movie has touched the audience. People were clapping and cheering every goal, tackle and save.

Glad it released on the big screen not OTT after years of delays. The visuals are amazingly shot and you feel you are in the stadium. the background score is killer especially in the second half and takes the goosebumps to the next level. Priyamani is a natural in her limited role. Gajraj is superb as the antagonist. The team is brilliantly cast as well.

The only con is the length and the first half seems slow. But I felt it was a necessary buildup for the second half which more than makes up for it.

Lastly Ajay Devgn - mind-blowing once in a decade performance.

well it only got 2 cr but more then that it’s getting praises
1279338 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

well it only got 2 cr but more then that it’s getting praises

ya, difficult to understand. when I am checking the bookmyshow app now, hardly 10-15% advance bookings for the weekend which is very bad. they've started a 1+1 offer as well. my show was decently filled probably because Friday late evening shows are usually like that. unpredictable what works these days. personally I watch almost all movies so I contribute evenly to all

Originally posted by: RiddlerPump

ya, difficult to understand. when I am checking the bookmyshow app now, hardly 10-15% advance bookings for the weekend which is very bad. they've started a 1+1 offer as well. my show was decently filled probably because Friday late evening shows are usually like that. unpredictable what works these days. personally I watch almost all movies so I contribute evenly to all

I’m going to see this one as it’s getting critical acclaim who cares on these numbers. I plan to see the the other one too lol 😂 so I can laugh n trash bade miyan plus I planned since long to see that one.
1279338 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

I’m going to see this one as it’s getting critical acclaim who cares on these numbers. I plan to see the the other one too lol 😂 so I can laugh n trash bade miyan plus I planned since long to see that one.

fantastic. so many like producers, distributors, trade analysts, twitteratti already worry about numbers. not interesting.

haha-I'm also watching bmcm on sunday but zero expectations.