Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Palace of Illusions is a problematic book which shows romantic inclination of Draupadi towards people who sexually harassed her

It's a modern day retelling of an epic (which is mythological itself) through the eyes of another fictional character - Draupadi (which again is the author's own perspective). Who's looking for facts here? Policing works of fiction that are so distinctly set apart from the real epic is moot. The only crime the book does is that it's trite in places.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Plus Barbie hardly has any relevance in India or with the movie going audience in India.

Barbie would become another Archies if it gets made here. The fact that Barbie did poorly compared to Oppenheimer in India when elsewhere in the world it was breaking records should tell how little Indian viewers care for it.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Dudes where’s my car remake would be better

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

It's a modern day retelling of an epic (which is mythological itself) through the eyes of another fictional character - Draupadi (which again is the author's own perspective). Who's looking for facts here? Policing works of fiction that are so distinctly set apart from the real epic is moot. The only crime the book does is that it's trite in places.

I get the need to tell the story from Draupadi's perspective but it is not mere mythology. They tried to give a modern touch to Ramayana and we got "Adipurush"

The real epic doesn't leave out Draupadi's perspective, one can read it and make a movie on it through her perspective without altering the events of Mahabharata.

Edited by NoraSM - 10 months ago
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ohophelia

No, barbie is Margot. Margot is barbie. You cannot replicate the success.

We can find other historical and mythological figures from the subcontinent to makes movies about. I'm leaning towards Tripti as Draupadi based on the palace of illusions.

Haha and in the same way I feel Pooja Sharma is Draupadi and Draupadi is Pooja Sharma.There have been many Draupadi but none had the impact that she had.

It would be really interesting to see how Tripti plays the role of given a chance.She was extremely good in Bulbul.

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I hope the OP is atleast getting paid for this. This is getting ridiculous & would put DP & Ranveers PR to shame. smiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

I hope the OP is atleast getting paid for this. This is getting ridiculous & would put DP & Ranveers PR to shame. smiley36

Barbie would sell as good as Archie’s did

Originally posted by: mintyblue

She actually looks like a Barbie!!!!

This one is a nice pic, nice make up on her face, it enhanced her sharp features on her face.

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Aradhya please give some of your bangs to this big forehead lady thanks!

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Why you hyping her so much, being a fan is 1 thing, this is zabardasti thread pe thread bana ke proving your point as it is some eternal truth.

Na hi tallent hai, aur na hi skin show ka koi fayda hua.

Don't become next Arskan, ek hi kaafi hai.

tharki arsalan be like

Mujhe kyu toda - Indian Meme Templates