Rani Mukherjee has a bad habit?

junooni09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Rani Mukherjee has a bad habit?
06th Aug 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood star Rani Mukherjee reportedly has a bad habit – a habit injurious to health.

Reports are that Rani is an occasional smoker and can't seem to do without her morning cigarette, which apparently helps with her bowel movement.

But it seems Rani's mom is not too happy about it and has been nagging her girl to give up the bad habit.

Rani has tried to give up smoking but ultimately she has always gone back to her habit as she develops various problems when she quits.

But now due to the constant confrontations with her mom, Rani has resorted to smoking in the loo and hiding her cigarettes when mommy dearest is around.

Rani also regularly carries mint and deodorant around so that if her mom pops in she can always use it to lessen the smoke smell.

Recently many of Bollywood stars have been tying to give up the bad habit of smoking.

Saif Ali Khan quit after he fell gravely ill and was hospitalized. Aamir Khan too has now quit smoking and Shah Rukh Khan has been trying to quit smoking for some time now.

Well it comes as a huge surprise that Bollywood actresses seem to be puffing away too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
🤢 gawd...mods close this topic please..enough of this articlenn useless discussions...there has already been an article proving this article is crap..
142629 thumbnail
stupid media....... 😡 😡 😡
*Dipti* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i dont think this is true hmmm i dont think rani smokes i think its just media giving false news cuz they dont have anything better to do hmmm
***sonia*** thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
🤢 🤢 i can't belive that rani smokes 🤢 🤢
saif_rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh gosh when one topic close abt this rumour another one opens. 😆

well this is a rumour and if you have read one of the topics on this forum, you would know that rani is doing a anti smoking campiagn and she will be talking about the rumours that are going around.
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This article is old and it's not true. Rani volunteered herself in a not smoking campaign. Her mom has said to the camera herself saying that Rani has never even touched a cigerette in her life except in Bunty aur Babli and Badal I think cause she had to do light smoking scenes in there.
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
can any1 plz send d article abt rani's anti smoking campaign & her mom telling tht she does'nt smoke?
cutykoo20 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rani to do an Anti-Smoking campaign

By Subhash K. Jha, August 4, 2007 - 13:36 IST
Apart from a scene or two in her films, Rani Mukherjee has never touched a cigarette in her life. A story that Rani has been lately puffing on the cancer stick has her family and friends amused exasperated and bewildered.A very close friend of Rani says, "Rani's mother has apparently been asking Rani to quit smoking. Rani's mom is having fits. She wants to know why she'd ask her daughter to quit smoking when the girl doesn't light up at all? All her friends smoke and drink, and Rani is okay with that. But she won't touch either. We've never seen Rani smoke in our life. She has done a couple of scenes in Bicchoo and Bunty Aur Babli where she had to smoke. Beyond that she has never touched the d**ned thing."

Says the friend, "First the false report on Rani's engagement with Aditya Chopra, now this report about she being a smoker…The day Rani was supposed to have been engaged she was shooting the entire day for Pradeep Sarkar's Laga Chunri Mein Daag and laughing her head off . 'Hey guys guess what? I got engaged and I don't know about it,' she called her friends and joked. But now Rani is really up to her neck. Her father cannot go on clarifying on her behalf. Even on the engagement issue she felt it wasn't right to for her ailing dad to be harassed. 'Dad is already handling my work. How much more can he take?' Rani said to us friends. Her silence is being misconstrued as acquiescence. Rani has been lying low because she feels the stories are much too baseless to be dignified with a clarification. But now she feels some people are taking advantage of her silence." The lady in question is all set to speak out against all the controversies.

Ironically, the story about her smoking comes at a time Rani is all set to do a campaign against smoking.

Says the friend, "Rani had decided to do an anti-smoking campaign on television even before this story came out. Now she's all the more determined to do the campaign, and not just that. She'll soon be giving her version on the supposed engagement with Aditya Chopra because her family and close friends feel such talk and her silence are damaging her career."