Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

Posted: 1 months ago

Also not related to this topic but i don't see the big deal about Priyanka chopda's acting. How was she something WOW in Bajirao mastani? I found her performance below average. Barfi she was decent, still not memorable. 

Her face is distracting.

Edited by DivineAngel - 1 months ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

For me she is the definition of versatility. SHE CAN DO IT ALL. She can be glam, she can be silly, she can do action roles, and then highly emotional roles like MCVN. She can pull off roles like Black and Hitchki that deal with disability.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing she can't do it. I will probably get hate for saying this but for me she is way better than both Tabu and Vidya Balan as well, although those two are good - they can't do "every role" the way Rani has/can 

Tabu and Rani both are good. Vidya i don't like. I find her fluke, sometimes work, most of the time falls flat. 

Rani and Tabu are consistent.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pathaka

Dude u can literally chart out even Salman khans versatility by saying he played “a loving brother…a sacrificial brother ..:an obsessive lover ….a gangster ….a cop …a wrestler..,a gentle family man …” and so forth 

Literally any actor who has worked for 20 or so years can claim such “versatility”…

Yes even ash who is not hailed as some great actress ….shes played a princess , a queen, a 70s diva, a lonely wife, a single mother , a jilted lover, a courtesan, a spoilt brat ….everything 

So rani hasn’t done something so earth shatteringly versatile with that tile of “sacrificial lover, tigress mom” stuff 

Her acting usually has 2 modes ; loud/obnoxious vs weepy 

Doing roles with different professions or emotional states is not versatile. 🤦‍♀️….versatility is abt portraying different personalities with nuance ….rani can’t shine sridevi or tabus shoes in this department 

Well said 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Can only happen at a place like BWS where playing various roles can automatically qualify someone as a real versatile actor.

Only at IF,  a member with a different opinion about a certain actor can be labelled as a mindless-hater, even when they respectfully requested already to be happy with each one's individualistic opinion, yet the toxic labelling of members with terms like mindless haters appears again shaming them by intentionally assuming them as a fan of a certain weak actress.

Only at IF some above average performer like Rani can be considered a better actress than the fantastic, utmost natural and number one performer (don't confuse it with no 1 star) post 90s till now the great Tabu. 

Only at IF a mahaan and BIGGEST and BEST OF THE BEST female performer of Hindi  cinema ever like Sridevi Ji is labelled average and unidimensional to make someone like Rani look better. 

Only at IF someone truly versatile like Vidya Balan with layered performances in every film with all of the nuances intact can be called inferior than someone like Rani who totally lacks the fine nuances in her acting skills unlike Vidya to make her look like a better one.

This place can not be more ridiculous than this. 

Or maybe I am underestimating the potential here...lol. 😂

--------------

Edited by sharaban - 1 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Only at IF,  a member with a different opinion about a certain actor can be labelled as a mindless-hater, even when they respectfully requested already to be happy with each one's individualistic opinion,

--------------

wait till someone tells you that you have watch some YouTube and video and read all the comments cause it’s so important smiley36

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Can only happen at a place like BWS where playing various roles can automatically qualify someone as a real versatile actor.

Only at IF,  a member with a different opinion about a certain actor can be labelled as a mindless-hater, even when they respectfully requested already to be happy with each one's individualistic opinion, yet the toxic labelling of members with terms like mindless haters appears again shaming them by intentionally assuming them as a fan of a certain weak actress.

Only at IF some above average performer like Rani can be considered a better actress than the fantastic, utmost natural and number one performer (don't confuse it with no 1 star) post 90s till now the great Tabu. 

Only at IF a mahaan and BIGGEST and BEST OF THE BEST female performer of Hindi  cinema ever like Sridevi Ji is labelled average and unidimensional to make someone like Rani look better. 

Only at IF someone truly versatile like Vidya Balan with layered performances in every film with all of the nuances intact can be called inferior than someone like Rani who totally lacks the fine nuances in her acting skills unlike Vidya to make her look like a better one.

--------------

IMO Rani and Vidya are both great actresses. There can be more than one good actress. But in terms of individualistic opinions. One can individually think just about anything. If you are going to debate others. They are going to bring up other facts, other opinions, and the concept of consensus. Or I can individually think Sara Ali Khan is the best actress to ever step foot in Bollywood. But if I am going to mention it on a public forum I sure have hell be ready for some pushback. And yes, people will mention how many funny comments she gets on youtube videos about her pathetic expressions in LAK. Yes, no one is saying that is the most important thing there is. But not that many people would be making fun of her if she wasn't really bad. Not that many people would give her bad reviews if it wasn't the case that she actually is very bad. Sometimes insecurity comes in the way for people to maturely deal with dissenting opinions. Not saying that is the case with you. But it is just a general observation.  

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 months ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Also not related to this topic but i don't see the big deal about Priyanka chopda's acting. How was she something WOW in Bajirao mastani? I found her performance below average. Barfi she was decent, still not memorable. 

Her face is distracting.

It's because you don't enjoy the aada of her acting. She has a more filmy Indianized style of acting (which makes sense - she heavily looked up to Madhuri and Sridevi) which really shone in Bajrao Mastani. Objectively she was very good but the way she acts doesn't need to be liked by everyone. 

Rani has sort of the opposite problem where her acting really resonates to people of her age group. I see the argument that people don't care for Rani's acting because "you can see the wheels turning in her head" as she acts (An infamous Hollywood zinger lmfao) however I've found that many people actually emote like that in real life and so her histrionics really work with that viewer.  

You don't have to like everyone's style of acting. I honestly think people see Rani's incredible filmography (compared to the ??? the 2000s was churning out hers was stellar) and see a lot of range, whereas I feel acting-wise - not dancing-wise, Rani deliberately chose to keep a smaller set of emotions and instead hone in on her 'style' of acting. 

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

though she was very bad in some movies, specially with govinda( i forgot names) and one or two with bobby i guess,apart from that i find her Very good actress. Personally i am big kajol fan still i must appreciate who is good. Her hicki was outstanding movie and though i did not watch but her last movie was also very good as per audience. 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

--------------

oh dear ! You are still hell bent on proving that your opinion is the one that’s acceptable. You calling Rani above average won’t change anything. Stick to your own opinion please , don’t try to expect others to agree with you. You whining about how on IF this can happen shows that you are quite narcissistic. 

Edited by MrChatVsNorway - 1 months ago
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Also , I am yet to get the answer about the so called great performers like Vidya and Tabu about doing films like black and Hichki .. and I think Vidya herself will not accept the fact that she’s versatile .. can she do those romcoms like Rani? Dance like Rani ? But I can see Rani doing all the Vidya roles .. especially she would have rocked in Kahaani