Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

Dude u can literally chart out even Salman khans versatility by saying he played “a loving brother…a sacrificial brother ..:an obsessive lover ….a gangster ….a cop …a wrestler..,a gentle family man …” and so forth 

Literally any actor who has worked for 20 or so years can claim such “versatility”…

Yes even ash who is not hailed as some great actress ….shes played a princess , a queen, a 70s diva, a lonely wife, a single mother , a jilted lover, a courtesan, a spoilt brat ….everything 

So rani hasn’t done something so earth shatteringly versatile with that tile of “sacrificial lover, tigress mom” stuff 

Her acting usually has 2 modes ; loud/obnoxious vs weepy 

Doing roles with different professions or emotional states is not versatile. 🤦‍♀️….versatility is abt portraying different personalities with nuance ….rani can’t shine sridevi or tabus shoes in this department 

Edited by pathaka - 2 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

No one goes to watch a Tabu or Vidya Balan film anymore .

unless some huge male co actor attached 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pathaka

Dude u can literally chart out even Salman khans versatility by saying he played “a loving brother…a sacrificial brother ..:an obsessive lover ….a gangster ….a cop …a wrestler..,a gentle family man …” and so forth 

Literally any actor who has worked for 20 or so years can claim such “versatility”…

Yes even ash who is not hailed as some great actress ….shes played a princess , a queen, a 70s diva, a lonely wife, a single mother , a jilted lover, a courtesan, a spoilt brat ….everything 

So rani hasn’t done something so earth shatteringly versatile with that tile of “sacrificial lover, tigress mom” stuff 

Her acting usually has 2 modes ; loud/obnoxious vs weepy 

Doing roles with different professions or emotional states is not versatile. 🤦‍♀️….versatility is abt portraying different personalities with nuance ….rani can’t shine sridevi or tabus shoes in this department 

I have nothing to say , the way you categorized Rani’s versatility says a lot about the lens you judge her performances. A black or Hichki or Mardaani was not loud or weepy . A hum tum / Saathiya / Bunty Babli wasn’t either . A Yuva / Hey Ram either . Was Talaash/NOKJ/Bombay Talkies weepy ? Then you lack depth .. so I rest my case as I do with mindless haters .. you might be a Katrina fan lol 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

For me she is the definition of versatility. SHE CAN DO IT ALL. She can be glam, she can be silly, she can do action roles, and then highly emotional roles like MCVN. She can pull off roles like Black and Hitchki that deal with disability.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing she can't do it. I will probably get hate for saying this but for me she is way better than both Tabu and Vidya Balan as well, although those two are good - they can't do "every role" the way Rani has/can 

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

She was BW Queen of early 2000s and rightfully sosmiley10

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

For me she is the definition of versatility. SHE CAN DO IT ALL. She can be glam, she can be silly, she can do action roles, and then highly emotional roles like MCVN. She can pull off roles like Black and Hitchki that deal with disability.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing she can't do it. I will probably get hate for saying this but for me she is way better than both Tabu and Vidya Balan as well, although those two are good - they can't do "every role" the way Rani has/can 

Absolutely agree, as brilliant as Tabu is in every role she plays she has never made me emotional or happy for the character whereas I have balled, smiled and genuinely cared for most of the characters when I watch Rani on screen. She is such an immensely talented actor. Happy Birthday to one of my favessmiley42smiley40smiley40

And by default she is miles ahead of Vidya. I find Vidya repetitive in terms of acting even when she's playing all these versatile characters.

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail

Originally posted by: SrikantTiwari

Absolutely agree, as brilliant as Tabu is in every role she plays she has never made me emotional or happy for the character whereas I have balled, smiled and genuinely cared for most of the characters when I watch Rani on screen. She is such an immensely talented actor. Happy Birthday to one of my favessmiley42smiley40smiley40

And by default she is miles ahead of Vidya. I find Vidya repetitive in terms of acting even when she's playing all these versatile characters.

this smiley40 you articulated my thoughts so much better . I am never affected by their portrayal. 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

exactly what I wanted to say 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail

When Pooja in Mujhse Dosti Karoge cries , you feel for her.. even for a flop film like that 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

Rani's last movies i liked i was Hichki. It was a stellar performamce. She should do more in depth roles where she shines.