Will Vipul Shah get third time lucky with

dures thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Will Vipul Shah get third time lucky with the Big B-Akshay Kumar?

Bollywood has added another feather to its cap. The script of one of this year's biggest successes, Vipul Shah's Namastey London has made it to the Academy of Motion Pictures library. Counting on his luck, Shah is roping in his lucky mascots Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar together for the third time.

Both have worked together earlier in Vipul's debut film, Aankhen (2002) and Waqt: The Race against Time (2005).
The Namastey London maker reveals, "I am attempting a genre I haven't explored before. The script is currently being worked upon and I am hopeful of roping in Mr. Bachchan for the film along with Akshay Kumar."

Shah is elated about his Akshay Kumar–Katrina Kaif starrer romantic comedy about a Punjabi guy wooing a thorough bred British girl, making it to the prestigious Oscar library. He gushes, "We didn't make any particular attempts to reach out to the library so I was pleasantly surprised when, out of the blue, I received the call requesting for the script. They are now keeping track of what's happening on the Indian motion picture scene. The script of Namastey London broke many set norms of Indian romantic films. It represented the spirit of modern India while keeping our traditional values intact. I give due credit to my co-scriptwriters Suresh Nair and Ritesh Shah for it."

Namastey London will be one amongst masterpieces like Finding Nemo, Million Dollar Baby and The Passion of the Christ that have shared this honour. Earlier, Bollywood movies like Devdas, Kal Ho Na Ho and Lagaan have also been invited to be a part of the prestigious library. The library has a collection of more than 32,000 books, 1,800 periodical titles, 60,000 screenplays, lobby cards, over 8 million photographs, over 300 manuscripts and other special collections relating to prominent industry individuals, studios and organizations. Besides, it has a collection of sheet music, music scores and sound recordings as well as production and costume sketches, artifacts and oral histories.