Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 4 days ago

India vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 2024 | India vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 Playing 11 | Ind vs Ban Playing 11 - YouTube

The bowlers too have stepped up and chipped in with timely wickets to keep the opposition in check. Coming after executing a historic Test whitewash against Pakistan, Bangladesh was dripped in confidence and expected to replicate that performance in this tour as well. But, their resilience was tested through and through and they have been humbled by the hosts. The biggest worry has been their inconsistency while batting. To prove this point, if we take a magnified look, only Mehidy Hasan Miraz has crossed 50-run mark combining both matches and is their highest run scorer. Likes of Shanto and Litton Das up top are yet to contribute and this very lackadaisical contribution from the top three has resulted them in teeters. As the series draws to a close, all eyes will be Mahmudulla, who is set to play his final T20I match. The veteran will be eager to steer his team to victory and prevent another clean sweep on this tour. The bowling department including Taskin, Mustafizur and Rishad Hossain too would aim to snag wickets to their name to end the tour on a positive note. Hyderabad is often known for its high scoring contests. 171 has been the par score here in the first innings while chasing too, hasn’t been that difficult. A balanced surface then to wrap up this bilateral series. India will also try to test the bench strength while Bangladesh would like to correct their combination as well. Will India execute a whitewash or can Bangladesh save its pride and prevent the embarrassment? Who do you think will win?

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India vs Bangladesh 3rd T20i Match (Screening) | Food and Drink Event in Ghaziabad

Predicted XI:

India XI: Sanju Samson(w), Abhishek Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Nitish Reddy, Hardik Pandya/Jitesh Sharma, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Harshit Rana

Player to watch out for: All eyes will be on Sanju Samson. The batter given the opportunity at the top order has failed twice in the series. Though he has looked good for a brief while he was a victim of a couple of soft dismissals. On Saturday the batter will look to play an innings of substance to keep his spot in the side going forward.

Bangladesh XI: Parvez Hossain Emon, Litton Das(w), Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali/Mahedi Hasan, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mustafizur Rahman

Player to watch out for: Najmul Hossain Shanto apart from the second innings in Chennai in the first Test has had a series to forget as a captain and with the bat. Once again like Samson he too has shown glimpses of what he can do however, the starts have not been converted into big scores in white-ball leg of the series. The southpaw would be looking to end the tour on high.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Lets see if Ind can whitewash BD and clean sweep the series

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag Madhu.smiley31

Wishing everyone best.

Cheers..

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

It has been a complete domination by the Indian team against their neighbours - Bangladesh over the last three weeks or so. India won the Chennai Test by a massive margin of 280 runs, they won the Kanpur Test comfortably by 7 wickets and the Men in Blue have been clinical in the two T20Is. Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the last match of this tour as India lock horns with Bangladesh in Hyderabad. Having won the series already, India will be looking forward to testing their bench strength, so you might expect a few changes in their playing XI. For Bangladesh, Mahmudullah will be playing his last T20I match, so the Bangladesh players will be motivated to come up with a better performance and give a fitting farewell to the veteran all-rounder. Will they manage to get a consolation win in this game or will India inflict a 3-0 thumping against Bangladesh?

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Team India produced stellar performances in the first two matches to blow away the Bangla Tigers, who failed to match the intensity. The Indian batters adopted a fearless batting approach as the Bangladesh bowlers were completely clueless about countering them.

The only thing which didn't work for India in the first two matches was the opening pair, as the pressure is now mounting heavily on Samson to prove his worth in the last T20I. Samson has not been able to prove his consistency in the Indian colours, and once again, he is on the cusp of getting dropped. Samson played a desperate aerial shot to break free but didn't judge the ball and only managed to chip it straight to Bangladesh skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto at mid-off for just 10. The wicketkeeper batter also failed to convert a good start into a big score in the series opener and was dismissed for 29.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Meanwhile, Abhishek also failed to get going in the first two matches and now will be desperate to unleash his fearless batting approach in Hyderabad, where he scored a plethora of runs in IPL this year. The Indian team think-tank will decide whether to hand a match to some other worthy names on the bench like leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi and all-rounder Harshit Rana.

It’s clear that Gambhir and his colleagues in the backroom have set in motion the process of finding able support cast to frontline players keeping in mind the long-term goals such as the ICC event next year.

Be it pacer Mayank Yadav or spinner Varun Chakravarthy, Gambhir wants to take a closer look at them and assess their readiness for the sterner assays ahead.

They haven’t been disappointing either in this series.

Mayank, who missed a lot of action since IPL 2024 due to an injury, bowled at over 150 clicks while Chakravarthy returned with a three-wicket haul in his first outing in blue in three years at Gwalior.

Meanwhile, it is going to be the last T20I match of former Bangladesh skipper Mahmudullah who has announced his retirement from the shortest format.

The 38-year-old asserted that he had already decided to bid adieu to the shortest format before the start of the series, as he will now shift his focus completely to ODIs.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

"I am retiring from T20I cricket after the last game of this series. I was pre-decided before coming here," Mahmudullah said. "I had a chat with my family. I spoke to the coach [Chandika Hathurusinghe], captain [Najmul Hossain Shanto], chief selector [Gazi Ashraf Hossain] and the board president [Faruque Ahmed] as well. I think it is the right time to move on from this format for me and the team. Especially with the World Cup coming up in less than two years. I will concentrate on the one-day game," he told reporters on the eve of the 2nd T20I against India.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Chance for Reddy to cement his place

India vs Bangladesh Live Score 3rd T20I: It will be a chance for Nitish Reddy to cement his place in the shortest format. The team management will keep a close eye on the journey of Nitish Kumar Reddy, highly impressive in the Delhi T20 while smashing a 34-ball 74 and returning with a couple of wickets.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Reddy credits Gambhir-SKY for brilliant show in Delhi

India vs Bangladesh Live Score 3rd T20I: India all-rounder Nitish Reddy, who made a splash with both bat and ball in only his second T20I credited the team for giving him the licence to play fearless cricket. "It feels great to represent India, feel so proud about this moment. Grateful for everything. I should give credit to captain and coach. They gave me the licence to play fearless cricket," Reddy said at the post-match interaction.

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 days ago