Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 3 days ago

India put together the perfect match in Gwalior. Their lead pacer lived up to his new role, their tearaway quick bowled rockets and their comeback spinner highlighted the ridiculous depths of cricket in this country. All that before the openers chomped away 55% of the target inside the PowerPlay, laying the platform for Suryakumar Yadav's cameo and Hardik Pandya's no-look uppercut in a facile run-chase. Nitish Reddy, the other debutant, taking the team through was the perfect cherry on top.

Bangladesh face a daunting challenge against India's formidable batting lineup on one of India's fastest-scoring grounds. To level the series and set up for a memorable farewell for Mahmudullah from the format, Nazmul Hossain Shanto's team will need to bring something "extra", much like the spirit of this vibrant city. While their seven-wicket loss in the previous match left much to be desired, they can draw confidence from the fact that this is the venue where they claimed their only T20I victory over India.

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 days ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

What to expect: A run-fest. Arshdeep said he doesn't even "feel like" looking at the wicket after how it played during the IPL earlier this year.

Ever since the pitches were relaid at this venue, it's produced high-scoring matches and this one should be no different. The sub 65-metre square boundaries on either side will once again be in play. Since 2022, Delhi has hosted 12 IPL games and one T20I, and sides batting first have won 8 of those matches. The weather is set to be fair.

There's no reason why India, stacked with players who can both bat and bowl, would want to change the combination, so that could mean a little more wait for Harshit Rana. The team had an optional afternoon practice one day out from the match, with the likes of Arshdeep Singh, Hardik Pandya and Mayank Yadav all having the day off.

Tactics & match-ups: Sanju Samson has got a new lifeline at the top and he looked the part in Gwalior. His match-up against the offspin of Mehidy Hasan, to whom he lost his wicket in the first T20I, will again be something to keep eyes on.

Probable XI: Abhishek Sharma, Sanju Samson(w), Suryakumar Yadav(c), Nitish Reddy, Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Varun Chakravarthy, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Yadav

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Litton Das hurt his finger while trying to field in Gwalior but he has pulled up fine. Bangladesh have a choice to make between Taskin Ahmed, who played the first T20I, and Tanzim Hasan Sakib.

Tactics & match-ups: Litton has struggled against left-arm pace since the start of 2022 and it was no different in Gwalior, with Arshdeep all set to take the new ball again. Bangladesh will need runs from him if they are to level the series.

Probable XI: Litton Das(w), Parvez Hossain Emon, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Rishad Hossain, Tanzim Hasan Sakib/Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam

Did you know?

In IPL 2024, each of the five games in Delhi saw a first-inning total in excess of 200

Bangladesh have lost more T20Is than they have won this year. The W-L ratio stands at 9-10

Abhishek Sharma has a strike-rate of 217 and an average of 59 across the five T20 games he's played at this venue

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Punjab Kings didn't have a match here in the IPL this season but seeing the scores at this ground I didn't feel like seeing the wicket. We will come tomorrow and assess the conditions and make plans accordingly: Arshdeep Singh

The most frustrating moment of my career was the loss to India in the 2016 T20 World Cup in Bangalore. It was a life-changing moment for me, and taught me a lot: Mahmudullah

Savera84 thumbnail

Batters to watch(Recent stats)

Abhishek Sharma, IND

6 M • 140 Runs • 28 Avg • 179.48 SR

Suryakumar Yadav, IND

5 M • 124 Runs • 24.8 Avg • 190.76 SR

Towhid Hridoy, BAN

10 M • 190 Runs • 21.11 Avg • 120.25 SR

Najmul Hossain Shanto, BAN

10 M • 175 Runs • 19.44 Avg • 99.43 SR

Bowlers to watch(Recent stats)

Ravi Bishnoi, IND

8 M • 12 Wkts • 6.68 Econ • 15.5 SR

Washington Sundar, IND

7 M • 11 Wkts • 5.33 Econ • 13.09 SR

Mustafizur Rahman, BAN

10 M • 17 Wkts • 5.92 Econ • 13.05 SR

Rishad Hossain, BAN

10 M • 17 Wkts • 6.89 Econ • 12.7 SR

Savera84 thumbnail

Head to head - Last 5 Matches

India won by 7 wickets (with 49 balls remaining) 07-Oct-2024

India won by 50 runs 23-Jun-2024

India won by 9 wickets (with 64 balls remaining) 06-Oct-2023

India won by 5 runs (DLS method) 02-Nov-2022

India won by 30 runs 11-Nov-2019

Savera84 thumbnail

Hello and welcome to ESPNcricinfo'slive coverage of the second T20I between India and Bangladesh. The hosts were clinical in the first to take a 1-0 lead. The team, under Suryakumar Yadav's captaincy, has been as unfettered as his batting.

Savera84 thumbnail

Hello everyone! A young Indian side absolutely thrashed Bangladesh in Gwalior to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series. The action shifts to the capital city. Have the visitors recovered from that defeat? Nothing went right for them on Sunday. Lost the toss, inserted to bat, couldn't stitch any significant partnership as they kept losing wickets at regular intervals and they had no answers against the rampaging Indian batters who hunted down the target inside 12 overs. Can their batting - that's been letting them down for quite a while - step up today? The conditions are expected to be batting-friendly. 266, 224, 257, 221 and 208 were the first innings scores in this year's IPL at this venue. In fact, on all five occasions, the team batting first ended up on the winning side. Will Delhi host another run-fest tonight? India, who fielded a couple of debutants, were in full control of the proceedings in the first T20I and they come into this match as favourites.They have lost only once against Bangladesh in this format out of 15 matches. Will they tinker a winning combination as they look to seal the series? We'll find out. Action coming your way in half an hour...

Savera84 thumbnail

Pitch Report | Abhinav Mukund: "The second T20 international promises to be a run-fest. On this pitch, a lot of runs have been scored historically in the past. Not a big ground by any stretch of imagination. 55m and 63m square, 72m straight down the ground. This has been a fabulous pitch in the IPL. It's been 200+ consistently. It seems really hard, it's going to be a nightmare for the bowlers to bowl on this surface. It looks like one of those surfaces where even 200 might not be enough. Recently, a local T20 tournament, 300 runs were scored on this same surface. Teams that have batted first have won the games - five out five in the IPL. I'll bat first, but with the dew around, you never know."

Savera84 thumbnail

Varun Chakravarthy's return to the India side has been one of the big stories from India this series. Here's Hemant Brar writing about the emotional rollercoaster that it was. Mayank Yadav and Nitish Kumar Reddy made their India debuts as well. Mayank's pace, in the 140ks range, upon return from months of inactivity was impressive. Nitish bowled a couple of overs and had a hit out but didn't have to do much.