Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

High-flying India favourites for high-scoring contest in Delhi

rajith: "although they will like to chase but many fans will like to see india bat first here, "

Daya Sagar, our sub-editor from ESPNcricinfo Hindi whio's at the ground, says it's likely to be unchanged teams. No cap today in India's team huddle

Savera84 thumbnail

Pitch report: 55 metres on the off side, 63 from the leg side, fine boundaries are short on one side, long on the other. 200 has been crossed consistently here in the IPL. It is really hard, might be a nightmare for the bowlers. Teams have chosen to bowl first at the toss but teams batting first have won in the last five games informs Abhinav Mukund.

Savera84 thumbnail

Ravi Shastri is out for the toss with the captains. Suryakumar Yadav spins the coin, Najmul Hossain Shanto calls heads. It is heads, Bangladesh will bowl

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Suryakumar Yadav: We were looking to bat first as well. We have to challenge our bowlers to bowl with the wet ball.

Najmul Hossain Shanto: I'll like to bowl first. Dew might come in the second innings. Looks a pretty good wicket, big score in all the matches. Today is a new day, we have to play to our strength. Top of the order, we need to do well in the first six overs. Shoriful isn't playing, Sakib comes in.

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

"Abhishek and Riyan getting some good workout on one of the side pitches," spots Pratyush. "At a venue like this, India will need everyone to chip in with overs." Toss is only a couple of minutes away...

Savera84 thumbnail

Suryakumar Yadav: We were looking to bat first as well. We have to challenge our bowlers to bowl with the wet ball. There's a lot of talent. I am just happy sitting back, playing them bat. You have to be one step ahead. Looks very good. We are unchanged.

Najmul Hossain Shanto: I'll like to bowl first. Dew might come in the second innings. Looks a pretty good wicket, big score in all the matches. Today is a new day, we have to play to our strength. Top of the order, we need to do well in the first six overs. Shoriful isn't playing, Sakib comes in.

Savera84 thumbnail

Teams:

India (Playing XI): Sanju Samson(w), Abhishek Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Nitish Reddy, Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Varun Chakaravarthy, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Yadav

Bangladesh (Playing XI): Parvez Hossain Emon, Litton Das(w), Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mustafizur Rahman

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Washington Sundar: I just try to be on top of my game, no matter if I'm playing a match or not. Every practice session, I need to be at the top of my game, I need to feel that I am hitting my best rhythm. If I am not hitting my best rhythm, I'll try and see where I am lacking and try and really work on it. When I walk back home, I'll have to be at the top of my rhythm. This is something that I have been telling myself constantly. Eventually when the game happens, I am ready no matter when. With my bowling in particular, run-up and synchronization of both my arms are very important. That's something I constantly focus on. Some of the other things that probably come naturally to me and I don't really focus too much on that. But these two things keep changing especially with the fact that I play different formats every now and then. With regards to that, I really need to be on top of my game, especially with what format I am playing at that time. I am just grateful for all the opportunities that I am getting, no matter where I am thrown at, it could be powerplay, it could be middle overs, it could be death overs at times, really looking forward to put up best performances for the team.

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 days ago
Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

I am afraid our bowlers not gets good Grip after 8.47 pm 'cause of excessive dew is common here but we must need big big score bats First.

Savera84 thumbnail

Interesting comment from SKY, saying they would've batted. He said he spoke to some of the groundstaff, who said there will be dew. So, they wanted the bowlers to bowl with a wet ball.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

#DidYouKnow: Bangladesh have beaten India just once in 15 T20 Internationals - that lone win came at this venue back in November 2019.