The joy, the chaos and the demons we are made of ~ Armaan x Abhira OS

Fan Creations

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

The late afternoon sun bathed the quiet neighborhood in a warm, golden light. The soft breeze rustled the leaves of a low, wide-branching cherry tree that stood near the sidewalk, its pink blossoms fluttering down like confetti. Perched on one of its sturdy branches, no more than a few feet off the ground, sat Abhira swinging her legs playfully, her face alight with a mischievous grin as she looked down at Armaan.

Armaan stood below, his hands on his hips, a mix of amusement and exasperation written across his face. "Are you really going to jump from there?" he asked, tilting his head as he shaded his eyes with one hand.

"Absolutely!" Abhira shot back, her grin widening. "Just wait, it's going to be epic!"

Armaan chuckled, knowing well enough that there was no stopping her once she got an idea into her head. Abhira stuck her tongue out at him, her eyes sparkling with playful defiance.

Before Armaan could protest or offer one of his usual logical rebuttals, Abhira braced herself, her grip tightening on the branch for a split second. Then, with a gleeful shout, she leaped from the branch, her hair streaming behind her in the breeze.

It was a short jump-barely a few feet-but Abhira made it feel like she was soaring through the air, her arms spread wide as if she were a superhero mid-flight. The world seemed to slow down as she descended, her laughter filling the air.

She landed on the soft grass with a gentle thud, knees slightly bent to absorb the impact, and immediately straightened up with a triumphant smile, her hands raised like a gymnast who had just stuck the perfect landing.

Armaan blinked, momentarily stunned by proud and happy she looked about her shenanigans. He shook his head, a smile tugging at his lips. "You're absolutely crazy, you know that?"

"Maybe just a little," Abhira replied, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "But isn't that what adds all the colour to your rather boring life Khadoosman?"

Armaan sighed dramatically, though the fondness in his eyes was undeniable. "I suppose you mean chaos...you bring chaos to my rather peaceful life."

Abhira beamed and took a few playful steps toward him, her hands clasped behind her back. "And admit it, you're just a teensy bit impressed by my jumping skills."

"Oh, totally," Armaan deadpanned, trying to keep a straight face. "I've never seen anyone jump two whole feet before. You should definitely sign up for the Olympics."

Abhira playfully swatted his arm. "Hey! You're just jealous because I'm brave enough to jump and you're too scared."

"Scared?" Armaan repeated with a mock gasp, raising an eyebrow. "Of that little hop? Please, I could've jumped from there with my eyes closed."

Abhira gave him a skeptical look. "Oh really? Prove it."

Armaan glanced up at the branch, then back at Abhira. "I would, but you know, I wouldn't want to show off."

"Sure, sure," Abhira teased, her smile widening. "Keep telling yourself that."

Armaan chuckled, unable to resist her infectious energy. "Alright, you got me," he admitted, stepping closer and gently tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "You're the bravest one here."

"And don't you forget it," Abhira replied with a wink.

Abhira didn't wait for him to say more; she grabbed his hand and started running down the street, her laughter ringing out like music in the warm afternoon air. Armaan stumbled after her, caught off guard but quickly falling into step as they dashed along the pavement.

"Where are we going?" he asked between breaths, though he couldn't help but smile at her infectious energy.

"You'll see!" she called back, her voice full of excitement.

They rounded a corner, and Abhira came to an abrupt stop in front of a small, well-tended garden. A neat row of vibrant flowers bordered the lawn, each one carefully pruned and perfectly arranged. It was the kind of garden that practically screamed, "Don't touch."

"Abhira, no," Armaan started, but she was already moving. Ignoring his protests, Abhira darted forward, making a beeline for the fence that bordered the yard. She glanced back at Armaan with a grin before placing her hands on the top of the fence and hoisting herself up.

"Abhira, seriously?" Armaan hissed, glancing around nervously as she climbed. "What's with you climbing everywhere like a monkey today? You're going to get us caught!"

"Mujhe na tumhara naam na khadoosman se Darpokmaan rakh dena chahiye." Abhira spoke as she perched herself on the fence, balancing herself with ease as she reached down to pluck a bright red flower from the garden below. She carefully bent down, her fingers brushing the delicate petals as she twisted the stem free.

Just as she sat up, flower in hand, a loud bark echoed from the house. A small, shaggy dog appeared, barking furiously as it ran toward the fence. Armaan jumped back in surprise, his heart leaping into his throat. "Ah!" he yelped, stumbling over his own feet as he tried to put some distance between himself and the dog.

Abhira, still perched on the fence, burst into laughter. "Are you seriously scared of that little furball?" she teased, her eyes dancing with amusement.

"It's not funny!" Armaan protested, trying hard not to crack a smile. "That thing just came out of nowhere!"

Abhira giggled, her laughter contagious as she climbed down from the fence with the flower in hand. "Aw, poor Armaan," she cooed, stepping closer to him. She reached up and carefully tucked the flower behind his ear, her fingers lingering for a moment as she smiled up at him. "There, now you look pretty."

Armaan huffed, but his expression softened as he reached behind his back. "You know," he began, bringing his hand around to reveal another flower, a delicate white bloom, "I don't need to climb fences or steal from old uncles to get a flower."

Abhira's eyes widened in mock indignation. "Excuse me? Are you saying I'm short?"

"Well, I didn't say it," Armaan replied, a playful grin spreading across his face. "But if the shoe fits..."

"That's it!" Abhira declared, crossing her arms and turning away, pretending to sulk.

Armaan chuckled, gently pulling her back toward him. "Here," he said softly, carefully placing the white flower in her hair, just above her ear. "Now we both have flowers."

She peeked up at him through her lashes, her faux grumpiness melting away as a small smile tugged at her lips. "You're lucky you're cute," she muttered, though the affection in her voice was unmistakable.

"And you're lucky I'm tall," Armaan teased, pulling her closer.

Before could retort in wit, a gruff voice bellowed from the house, "Hey! You kids, get out of my garden!"

Armaan and Abhira exchanged a wide-eyed look before bursting into giggles. Without a word, they turned and bolted down the street, their laughter ringing out as they ran, the flowers still tucked behind their ears.

They didn't stop until they were far enough away, finally slowing to a halt, panting and giggling as they leaned against a lamppost. Armaan chuckled, brushing a dried leaf from her hair. "How about we grab some ice cream? I think we've earned it after all that intense tree-jumping."

Abhira's face lit up. "Now you're talking! Race you to the ice cream shop?"

"Only if you promise not to jump out of any more trees on the way," Armaan teased, though he was already preparing himself for whatever wild idea she might come up with next.

"No promises!" Abhira called over her shoulder as she took off running, her laughter ringing out like music in the late afternoon air. Abhira stumbled backwards towards the road and it happened so quickly that Armaan didn't even register it at first. One moment they were walking, laughing, and the next, there was a screech of tires, the roar of an engine, and a sickening thud. Time seemed to freeze as Armaan turned to his side, his heart hammering in his chest. Abhira was on the ground, her body crumpled and almost motionless.

Blood.

All Armaan could see was blood, painting the road red from around her head. "Abhira?" The word came out as a whisper, barely audible over the pounding of his heart. His feet felt like they were encased in cement as he moved toward her, his mind struggling to process what was happening. One second, she was giggling beside him with the child like glee glistening in her eyes and in a flash the love of his life, his was struggling to catch a breath. The car that had hit her sped away, its taillights disappearing around the corner. Armaan didn't notice. All he could see was Abhira lying there, blood pooling around her head, her breaths coming in shallow, ragged gasps.

"Abhira!" he cried, his voice breaking as he dropped to his knees beside her. His hands trembled as he reached out to touch her, his fingers brushing against her skin. She was so pale, too pale, and the sight of the blood-the sheer amount of it-made his stomach churn with fear.

"Please, no," Armaan begged, his voice shaking, as he pressed his bunched jacket on her wound. "Please, Abhira, stay with me. You're going to be okay, alright? You're going to be just fine. Just stay with me"

Her eyes fluttered open, unfocused and glassy. "Armaan..." she whispered, her voice barely more than a breath.

He could hear the voices of bystanders around them, some calling for an ambulance, others trying to offer help. But all Armaan could focus on was Abhira, the way her eyes were struggling to stay open, the way her body trembled in his arms.

"You have to stay awake, Abhira," he pleaded, his voice thick with emotion, as he slid his hand behind her neck, resting his thumb on her cheek, wiping the tear flowing down her eyes.

"Hey.. hey do you...do you want to hear a story?", Armaan asked softly holding her closer, although careful with her trembling body, scared to hurt her more than she already was.

"Ek nadaan parinde ki kahaani sunogi?" Armaan asked, his voice trembling as he tried to keep her awake, to keep her here with him. "Ek...ek parinda tha, akela, nadaan aur thoda sa buddhu. Woh apni mumma se dur kahin udd gaya tha...toh...toh ek bohot bada parivaar uss akele beghar parinde ko ghar le aaya." And Armaan struggled to speak as the blood soaking his shaky hands, the blood of his very own love, felt like an antithesis to the world he held in his arms. His eyes hurt with sharp stabs of agony overpowering him but his gaze refused to leave the whole tiny world writhing in pain in his arms.

Abhira's lips twitched into a faint smile, despite the pain shooting through her whole entire body. "Phir...Phir kya hua?" she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"A mumma bird accepted him, a mother he had never known and never seen, embraced him, like he could be loved, like for a few moments in a day he could belong and not fade in the background but....but the swan hated him, she...she hated him until he...he came back home, with a black eye, because he got into a fight...apne chhote parinde ko bachate ho...pata hai uss din swan ne uss nadaan parinde se kya kaha" Armaan said, trying to sound calm , even as tears welled up in his eyes. Abhira tightened her grasp on his hand, as she tried to trace the lines of pain etched on his face through her blurry eyes, "kya..kya kaha?", she asked in between her ragged breathes.

"The swan called him a golden bird, and she gave him a reward. And ever since, he has been trying for years now to express the gratitude for bringing him home and for finding him worthy of a reward. He tried to make everybody happy, woh parinda apne pankh kaatke ek pinjare mein rehne laga, kyunki ussey toh bas parivaar ka pyaar chahiye tha, udaan toh usne seekhi hi nahi."

Abhira reached out to settle her trebling palm on his cheek. Her eyes started to droop, her breaths becoming more labored. Panic surged through Armaan, and he gently shook her.

"Abhira, stay with me! Come on, I haven't finished the story yet. Woh parinda...parivaar ke saath toh tha par akela tha, ghut raha tha, fir ek din...ek choti si chidhiya aise hi kisi pedh se udte huye uske pinjare ke paas pahuch gayi, woh chidhiya...apne ghosle ko chodhkar bohot dur aayi thi, uska...uska koyi nahi tha par woh...woh sabki thi, sabke dil mein jagah bana leti thi...aur usne..uss choti si chidhiya ne kisi tarah parinde ka pinjare todh diya, pehle...pehle woh parinda darr gaya...fir pata hai kya hua?", Armaan asked drawing soft circles on her cheek with his thumb. Armaan swallowed hard, tears slipping down his cheeks as he looked at her.

"Woh parinda saare bandhan todkar chidhiya ke saath udd gaya...," Abhira whispered, a weak smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Armaan managed a watery chuckle. "Haan, woh choti si chidhiya ne uss parinde ko pankh diya, ussey khud chot lagi thi par usne pehle uss parinde ko marham lagaya. She was a miracle, she was brave and she could fight anything . She...was a beautiful thing...she is a beautiful thing, just broken in shrouds of her undeserved grief. She is indeed a beautiful thing...even in all her rage, agony, she rose above her ruins, and she loves with all her heart, she loves with every piece of her broken heart", Armaan spoke resting his forehead on hers, finally allowing a sob to leave his trembling leaves.

Abhira took a ragged breath as the pain surging through her body felt all consuming, as her eyes closed shut for a moment, and for a second it felt like home, it felt like her Mumma's embrace and it suddenly seemed tempting to let go, to close her eyes and fall back into her Mumma's lap, and maybe that would take away all the pain, the pain that she felt right now, the pain that she has been feeling all this while, ever since her Mumma left her. Maybe just maybe if she closes her eyes now, she would find her way back to home, a place where nobody would pierce a dagger through her heart every waking moment, a home where walking and breathing wouldn't feel like crime, where she could be loved, where she could look at herself and feel complete.

For a terrifying moment, Armaan thought she was gone. But then he felt the faintest rise and fall of her chest, the shallow breaths that told him she was still holding on, still fighting, "Yeh parinda...tumhare bina mar jaayega Abhira, please stay with me, please...", Armaan whispered, his voice breaking.

And Abhira pulled herself back, and slightly opened her eyes, finding his eyes amidst the mess of tears, his eyes, holding the guilt and pain of the world, his eyes that looked into hers as if he would stop breathing if she slips away, his green eyes that stared into her black ones as if they were all his love and light. In that one moment she was ready to bare the pain for a while, she was ready to live, if it meant he would live and he would love. A faint smile touched her lips, her eyes barely open as she looked up at him. "I... I love you," she breathed, the words so soft he almost didn't hear them.

Armaan kissed her palm and in that moment, Armaan would have teared the world apart, broken himself in the constraints of his own complexity, broken the mold and reshaped himself from nothing if it meant she would live, if it meant she could smile and love because she was everything that made him feel alive.

He pressed his lips to her forehead, his tears falling onto her pale skin as he whispered desperate words of love and hope.

"You're going to be okay, I love you" he murmured, his voice cracking. "We're going to be okay. We'll get through this together, just like we always do."

The sound of tires screeching to a halt and the distant shouts of paramedics broke through the fog of fear that clouded Armaan's mind. He didn't dare move, didn't dare let go of her, even as he felt hands gently pulling him away, the professionals taking over as they worked to save the woman he loved.

As they lifted her onto a stretcher, Armaan's heart ached with a fear so deep it felt like it was tearing him apart. But amidst the terror and despair, a small spark of hope flickered in his chest, refusing to be extinguished.

As they wheeled her toward the waiting ambulance, Armaan forced himself to stand, his legs trembling beneath him. He stumbled forward, his eyes never leaving her pale, bloodied form as they lifted her inside. He climbed in after her, his hand reaching out to grasp hers, desperate to feel the warmth of her skin, to remind her that he was still there, still holding on.

"I'm right here," he whispered, his voice trembling as he held her hand tightly. "I'm not going anywhere."

As the ambulance doors slammed shut, Armaan could only pray that this wasn't the end of their story, but merely a chapter in the long, winding road they were destined to travel together. He squeezed her hand, his tears still falling as he whispered words of love and hope, clinging to the faintest glimmer of light in the darkness that threatened to consume him.

The road ahead was uncertain, filled with pain and fear, but as long as there was even the smallest chance that she would survive, Armaan would hold on. He would hold on for both of them.

And in that moment, as the sirens wailed and the ambulance sped through the night, Armaan made a silent promise to the woman he loved more than anything in the world.

No matter what happened, no matter how dark the road became, he would never let go. And in his heart he knew, she would make it. She would be fine, and when she wakes up, he would get her the ice cream they couldn't get. He removed the flower tucked in her hair now stained not tainted with droplets of her blood, and secured it in the pocket of his T-shirt close to his heart.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

So so beautifully written! Hope Abhira is ok.

The parinda chidiya story is ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Oh she will definitely be okay, i might write a part two with a hospital scene perhaps!
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing 🤩

Please add more parts to this story

Abhirasharma thumbnail

Team AbhiMaan (Gen 4)

Wow, well written beta
maahi11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Its one of the sweetest fan fictions I have read, story of Parinda was beyond anything, totally loved it. Please update soon

SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

You are an amazing writer. I love the how you understand and portray both Abhira and Arman, you understand them so well.

This is a beautiful OS, loved it. It was great reading something from you after a long time. Looking forward to more.

Thank you.

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful os, loved it

Nocturnal7 thumbnail

3.2 The joy, the chaos and the demons we are made of

I had to drop a warning because this is most probably the longest update I have ever dropped, 4.2k words! Thank you for all the support and appreciation. Will be looking forward to your reviews and feedbacks!

Armaan stood at the threshold of her room in the outhouse, clutching the tortoise stone in his hand, staring at how empty the room seemed, yet grasping at remnants of her presence. Because if you walk into a room and notice what's missing from it, it's still there, isn't it? Because Abhira's hair tie is no more carelessly lying on the shelf, where she often keeps it and forgets. He now wears it on his wrist, because what if she wakes up and is irritated by the strands falling on her face. He would need it right? He should be prepared. Her Mumma's shawl is no more on her bed near the pillow, because he now wraps her fragile, sleeping form with the shawl every time he leaves her side because she should feel warm and protected, as if wrapped in the embrace of the only person who ever loved her without causing any pain. The penguin plushy that Aryan and Kiara gifted her when they realised she struggled to sleep because she is so often plagued by nightmares, scared of loneliness she barely ever talks about, now rests on her hospital bed because if and when she opens her eyes, she shouldn't be scared, she should feel like she is at home. Her favourite book from childhood has now made its place on the table beside her bed at the hospital, because he reads it to her every night, hoping that amidst the array of wires and machines, his voice reaches her and despite her lost consciousness, she knows he is right here, waiting for her.

He waited, heart in hand, for her to stir, to open her eyes and call him by that teasing name—khadoosman. Because who was he if not a man held together by the shards of her love, built from the fragments of her heart? Who was he if not Abhira's Armaan, standing guard at the edge of her dreams, refusing to let go?

But now it felt as if her essence was slipping away, like the fading glow of her golden skin, growing paler with each passing moment she lay unmoving on the bed, the only sign of life the gentle rise and fall of her chest. Her fragrance, once so vivid in the folds of the blanket, was no longer there, and he couldn't recall the last time he heard her laugh with the full force of her heart. Amidst the suffocating grief and the terror of losing her, battling against the onslaught of dark thoughts, all he wanted was to scream at the heavens, at the cold, indifferent god who watched from the temple with a smirk. Why her? Why now, after all she had endured? After losing her Mumma, after nearly losing herself to the wounds inflicted by him and his family's cruelty, why was she now fighting for her life? Why her, when all she had ever done was bring joy with her innocent antics, fight for others' dreams, and love with every fiber of her being?

It tore him apart, the helplessness of not being able to save her as she had saved him. It wasn't in his hands, and that realization crushed him, because she didn't deserve this. She deserved to live, to smile that brilliant smile that could light up a room, to laugh, to jump and stumble clumsily, knowing he would be there to catch her. She deserved to be held, to be protected and loved, because she was Abhira. She was his whole life, and he could not bear the thought of a world without her in it.

But he continued to believe and he continued to pray because so did Abhira, even after she lost her Mumma, she believed there was good in the world, she believed she could find the pieces of her Mumma if she continued to share the love she had in her, even on days that brought her nothing but pain in return.

Armaan sat at Abhira's side of the bed, his fingers tracing the pattern of the bedspread absentmindedly, his thoughts a chaotic whirl of worry and hope. The excruciating stillness of the room without a chaotic Abhira hopping from one spot to another, seemed to amplify the silence, pressing in on him as his mind reeled back to how she would curve herself into a shell at one corner of the bed leaving ample of empty space, when she was sad and would miss her Mumma. He thought of all those moments he had longed to gather her in his arms, to press gentle kisses on her head, until she let herself cry, her pain softening into the peace of sleep.

The door creaked open, and his father, Madhav, walked in, carrying a tray of food. "Armaan," Madhav said gently, setting the tray down on the small table beside him. "You need to eat something. You can't be of any help to her if you're starving yourself."

Armaan shook his head, "I'm not hungry, Papa."

Madhav sighed, pulling up a chair in front of his son. "I know you're worried, but you need your strength. She'd want you to take care of yourself."

The words hung in the air, the unspoken truth of how much she had always cared for him, even when she had so little left to give. It was weird in ways, how he had all the money in the world to buy for himself whatever he needed or wanted but nothing could ever match the peace that Abhira and her thoughtful little gestures brought, be it the little sponge ball that had made a permanent place in his office bag to help him when he was stressed or the funky sketch she had drawn of him behind a faded movie ticket that he now carries in his phone cover, from their first horror movie together. He had been so sure he would get to play the hero, imagining how he'd comfort Abhira, holding her close whenever the movie got too scary. But instead, the opposite had happened. From the moment the first jump scare flashed on the screen, Armaan had practically leapt out of his seat, his heart pounding in his chest. He had spent the rest of the movie hiding behind Abhira, clutching her arm as she initially got annoyed by his antics but then laughed at his terrified expressions

Madhav picked up a piece of chapati from the plate and fed it to Armaan. Reluctantly, Armaan took it, biting into it more out of obligation than hunger. Madhav sighed, pulling up a chair and sitting beside his son. "You need your strength. Abhira wouldn't want you to neglect yourself like this."

Armaan's eyes softened at the mention of her name. "She always had a way of making sure I didn't take myself too seriously."

Madhav smiled, a warm, knowing expression on his face. "Like the time she decided to brighten up your wardrobe?"

Armaan let out a small laugh, the memory coming to life vividly in his mind. "How could I forget? She took one look at my closet and declared it a disaster zone. She said I was in desperate need of color and spent an entire weekend secretly swapping out my shirts for ones she bought—bright reds, yellows, and even a ridiculous neon green. I didn't even notice until I reached into the closet Monday morning."

Madhav chuckled. "I remember when you showed up at the office that day, looking like you'd been assaulted by a rainbow. You were so embarrassed, but she was grinning from ear to ear, so proud of herself."

Armaan shook his head, smiling despite himself. "She said I needed to 'live a little' and that colors would make me look a little less khadoos. I ended up keeping a few of those shirts just because of how happy she was. She had a way of making everything brighter, didn't she?"

Madhav's eyes softened with affection. "That's our Abhira. Full of life, full of surprises. She'd laugh at herself too, you know? Even when she knew she'd made a mess, she'd find a way to make us smile."

Armaan's heart ached with the memory of her laughter, the way it had filled every corner of their home, brightening even the darkest days. "I miss that laugh, Papa. I miss her."

Madhav placed a reassuring hand on Armaan's shoulder. "She's still here, son. And she's strong. Just like you. She's been through so much, but she's fought her way through it all. I believe in her, just as I believe in you."

Armaan looked up at his father, his eyes filled with uncertainty. "What if it's not enough? What if... what if I lose her?"

Madhav's grip tightened, his voice firm yet gentle. "You won't lose her, Armaan. Abhira has more strength than you know, and so do you. After everything she's been through, I have faith that God will bless her with the happiness she deserves. She's fought too hard not to have a chance at a beautiful life."

Armaan swallowed, the fear in his chest loosening just a little. "You really think so?"

Madhav nodded, his eyes filled with conviction. "I do. And I know that whatever happens, you'll be there to hold her, to protect her, and to love her. Just as she has always done for you and you have been constantly trying to do for her. That's what will carry her through this—your love, your strength. She'll be fine, son. She'll come back to us, and when she does, she'll bring that bright smile of hers with her."

Armaan leaned into his father's embrace, the weight of his fears lifting just a little. In that moment, with his father's comforting presence beside him, he allowed himself to believe that maybe, just maybe, things would be okay.

The sterile scent of antiseptic and the soft hum of hospital machines had become Armaan's constant companions over the past month. The hospital room where Abhira lay in a coma felt like a second home, though it was a place he wished he never had to be. Every day, he sat by her side, his heart heavy with worry, his eyes trained on the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest, hoping, praying for her to wake up.

He had replayed the accident in his mind a thousand times, the moment when everything had changed in the blink of an eye. Each time, he wished he could go back, do something—anything—to prevent it. But all he could do now was wait, hope, and be there for her.

Armaan hardly left the hospital, sleeping in the uncomfortable chair next to her bed, his hand always resting on hers, as if his touch could somehow guide her back to him. The days blurred together, a monotonous cycle of waiting and hoping, punctuated by visits from doctors and nurses, who offered updates and reassurances that never seemed enough.

Today was just like every other day—or so it seemed. The sun was setting outside, casting a warm golden glow through the window. Armaan sat beside Abhira, his fingers gently brushing against hers, his voice low as he spoke to her, as he always did, hoping that somehow, she could hear him.

"Apni Mumma ki choti si chidhiya, my silly girl," he whispered, his voice tinged with both love and exhaustion, as he softly caressed her hair, "kab tak sataogi mujhe? I need you, I need you to come back to me, pull my ears and tell me how silly I was to think I would lose you, to ever think that hulk ki mameri behen would go without a fight."

He paused, his eyes searching her face for any sign of recognition, any hint that she could hear him. But there was nothing—just the steady beep of the heart monitor, the soft sound of her breathing.

"You're so stubborn," he continued, his voice cracking slightly. "You've always been the one to push me out of my comfort zone, to make me try new things. And now, I need you to be stubborn again, okay? I need you to fight your way back to me. I can't do this without you. Home doesn't feel like home without you Abhira, nobody laughs anymore. Ma roz tumhare liye Mannat mangne mandir jaati hai, Papa ne finally bina jalaye khaana banana seekh liya, kehte hai meri beti jab ghar aayegi, ussey apne haath ka khaana khilauga. Chachi sa misses you Abhira, unhone toh pura outhouse tumhare liya sajaa kar rakh diya hai aur chorus gang, unka toh kisi cheez mein mann hi nahi lagta kyunki tum nahi hoon na unhe apne atrangi tareekon se motivate karne ke liye. Daadi Sa roz subah tumhare paas aakar baithti hai, kuch kehti nahi hai, par yeh jo gubbare hai na, unhone hi rakhe hai jaise tum unke paas lekar gaayi thi unhe thank you bolne"

Armaan's voice wavered as he leaned closer, his lips brushing against her hand. "I miss you, Abhira. I miss your smile, your laugh, the way you always know how to make everything better. Please, come back to me."

He pressed her hand to his cheek, closing his eyes as he fought back the tears that threatened to spill over. The weight of his grief was overwhelming, but he refused to let it consume him. He had to be strong—for her, for both of them. Just as he was about to settle back into his chair, something changed. It was subtle at first, so faint that he almost didn't notice it. But then, he felt it again—a slight twitch of her fingers against his cheek.

Armaan's heart skipped a beat, his eyes snapping open as he stared at her hand in disbelief. "Abhira?" he whispered, his voice trembling. "Did you—?"

Her fingers moved again, this time with a bit more strength. It was as if she was trying to reach out to him, to hold onto him.

"Abhira!" Armaan's voice was louder now, filled with a mixture of hope and fear. He leaned forward, his hand tightening around hers. "I'm here, Abhira. I'm right here."

Slowly, so slowly that it felt like an eternity, Abhira's eyelids fluttered. Her breathing quickened, and a soft groan escaped her lips as she struggled to wake up. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Abhira's eyes opened. They were unfocused at first, dazed and confused, but they were open, and that was all that mattered.

Armaan couldn't stop the tears from falling now, his relief and joy overwhelming. "You're awake," he whispered, his voice breaking. "Oh my God, you're awake."

Abhira blinked, her gaze slowly coming into focus as she looked around the room, her expression one of confusion and pain. "Armaan?" she croaked, her voice weak and raspy.

"I'm here," Armaan said quickly, brushing a tear from her cheek as he leaned closer, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'm right here. You're in the hospital, but you're going to be okay. You're awake, and that's all that matters."

And she slipped back to unconsciousness.

When she next woke up, the room was quiet. Her head throbbed, her mouth was parched, and her limbs felt strangely numb. However, her mind was clear, and she had regained some control over her body. She could hear someone breathing deeply. Glancing down, she saw she was lying in a bed with a comforter and her Mumma's shawl draped over her. Armaan was beside her, asleep in a chair, his upper body leaning uncomfortably on the bed, with his head resting near her hip. She knew he'd feel the strain when he woke up. She realized they must have given her some sort of medicine. Terrible things had happened, but they now felt distant, almost as if they had happened to someone else. Whatever she had been given was numbing both her mental and physical pain.

"Armaan", she wheezed out as her fingers gently brushed over his hair and he woke up a jolt and immediately broke into a smile looking at her, his eyes tearing up with relief. He gently bent to leave a tender kiss on her forehead, caressing her cheek and rubbing away the tears staining them.

"It was close, wasn't it?", she whispered.

"It was! Never ever do that to me again, I would die", he spoke finally feeling the knots in his chest losen a little.

"I am sorry", she sobbed.

"Shhh, it's okay... it's okay. I am right here, you are going to be alright, I promise".

The more she sobbed, the less dull the pain in her body became. "Hey, hey, breathe, calm down, are you in pain? The nurse would be here any minute" Armaan said breathlessly then ran his fingers through her hair. The soothing feel of his hand on her scalp was brilliant, but did nothing for the pain that was becoming worse by the minute.

After the nurse was done assessing her, and administering the required medicines and injections, Abhira was in a much better position, although in pain.

"Just take rest, okay? I am right here", Armaan spoke as he carefully took her hand in his, gently patting her back to sleep.

The days that followed were a blur of medical assessments, physical therapy, and careful monitoring. Abhira's body was weak, her injuries severe, but her spirit remained unbroken. With Armaan by her side, she faced the challenges of recovery with a quiet strength that left him in awe.

He was with her every step of the way, and so were the rest of the family members helping her with the smallest tasks, encouraging her when the pain became too much, and comforting her through the nightmares that sometimes plagued her sleep. They were her rock, her constant source of support, but on most days she clung to Armaan as if he were her lifeline.

After weeks of slow, painstaking progress, the day finally came when Abhira was well enough to leave the hospital. The doctors were cautious, warning that her recovery was far from over, but she was determined to go home. She longed for the comfort of familiar surroundings, for the warmth of her family and the peace of her own bed.

Armaan was by her side as she was carefully lifted into a wheelchair, dressed in soft cotton long summer dress. His heart swelling with pride at how far she had come. She was still frail, her body weakened by the ordeal she had endured, but her spirit was unbroken, her resolve stronger than ever.

"Ready to go home, my silly girl?" Armaan asked, his voice soft as he bent down to meet her gaze and kiss her nose.

Abhira looked up at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of exhaustion and determination. "More than ready," she replied, her voice still weak but laced with the strength he had come to admire so much.

The journey home was quiet, the streets passing by in a blur as they made their way through the city. Armaan's heart pounded in his chest, a mix of relief and anxiety filling him as they neared their destination. He had waited for this moment for so long, but now that it was here, he couldn't help but worry. Would she be okay? Would she be able to handle being home, away from the constant care of the hospital?

As they pulled up to the house, Armaan's parents and the chorus gang were waiting at the door, their faces lighting up with joy as they saw the car. Daadi sa held a small thali with a lit diya, her eyes brimming with tears as she prepared to welcome her home, while Manisha Chachi stood with tears brimming down her eyes, with an overwhelming sense of relief of having Abhira back home.

Armaan carefully lifted Abhira out of the car, cradling her in his arms as he carried her toward the entrance. She was light in his arms, too light, and the realization of how much she had endured weighed heavily on him.

"Armaan! What are you doing? The entire family is here, put me down in the wheelchair", Abhira hit is arm as her cheeks flushed a shade pink.

"Arey, what's there to be ashamed of, I am only taking care of my wife."

"Girlfriend", she corrected him, making him chuckle. "Tum na bohot besharam hote ja rahe ho Armaan." She chastised him, however snuggled closer in his arms.

"Welcome home, beta," Kaveri said softly, her voice thick with emotion as she performed the aarti, and gently lay a hand on her head, whole Abhira stared at everybody with an overwhelming as sense of love and gratitude filled her heart. Family. This is all she has ever wanted and for a moment it felt unreal, until Armaan looked down at her, nodding his head, in reassurance. This was her family, these were her people, and that made life worth living.

Armaan entered to the room to find her lost in thoughts. He sat beside her, pulling her closer, careful of her injuries. She let out a long, trembling sigh as she nestled against his chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat beneath her cheek. His arms wrapped around her, strong yet gentle, anchoring her in a world that felt too vast, too overwhelming.

For a while, they sat in silence, the only sound the faint whisper of their breaths mingling in the quiet room. The weight of unspoken words hung between them, heavy and oppressive, until finally, she found the courage to speak. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course... anything", he replied, his fingers finding their way in her hair, softly massaging her scalp.

"Jab main choti thi, Mumma mujhe papa ke baarey mein bohot kahaniyaan sunati thi.," she began, her voice barely above a whisper, "I would cry sometimes, but I was happy on most days, I was happy in the little world that Mumma built for me. She was all I wanted, all I needed. She was my home, and I was hers or so I thought. She didn't know, but I knew she would cry every night, she never told me, but I knew she missed Papa so much. She never told me anything about her family, but I knew they have hurt her, I knew something bad had happened and they abandoned her."

Armaan's arms tightened around her, a silent promise that he was listening, that he was there for her. His touch, so gentle, so full of love, gave her the strength to continue.

"And sometimes I questioned if I was enough for her like she was for me. I was very clumsy and I would often get into fights, return home with a gash or a cut or a small wound here and there, but all I needed was Mumma for all the pain to fade away. But I could do nothing...nothing to take her pain away. I would bargain with god...Papa ko wapas le aao, main one week tak noodles nahi khaungi, Papa ko wapas le ao, main roz doodh piyungi...par papa nahi aaye." A tear slipped down her cheek, and Armaan caught it with his thumb, his heart breaking for the little girl she had been, for the woman she was now.

"And then... when Mumma passed away," Abhira's voice grew softer, as if the words themselves were too heavy to speak, "I felt this strange peace. It hurt so much, Armaan, but I told myself she was with Papa again. That she was finally home. And that maybe, just maybe, she wasn't sad anymore."

"When the accident happened," she whispered, her voice so quiet it was almost lost in the silence, "I thought... I thought maybe it was my turn. That maybe I would finally be with them, with people who didn't see me as a burden. People who wouldn't be troubled by my presence."

Her words shattered the last of Armaan's resolve, his tears flowing freely as he held her even closer, his arms a refuge from the storm of her memories. It felt wrong to watch her tremble and wither in his embrace, feeling so small because this was Abhira, she makes him love himself because when she looks at him with her eyes that shine with that innocent love and care, its easier to breathe and it makes him feel worthy, so how could she not feel the same way. He gently tipped her chin, making her look into her eyes. "You...will never not be enough Abhira. You are my family, you make me want to live, you make me want to do better for both of us, tum in chaar diwaro ko ghar banati ho Abhira, and I need you to know that, I need you to know that I love you so much I don't think I can survive in a world where hulk ki mameri behen doesn't threaten to beat the shit out of me when I am being stupid," he spoke, making her giggle amidst the tears, "toh choti si height wali Abhira Sharma, apne chote se dimaag mein, yeh choti si baat fit karlo, I am not letting you leave me, you are tied with me and my mad clan for life and there is absolutely no way out."

Her grip on him tightened, her tears soaking into his shirt as she whispered back, "I'm glad I lived. I am glad I have you and this family, and that's enough, that's all I want. We will be fine."

In that moment, they were each other's salvation, each other's hope. And as the last rays of sunlight faded, they knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, their hearts bound by a love that had survived the darkest of storms.

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing update! Thank you so much for this.

All the angst is worth it if they are happy together in the end.