Episode Discussion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Why_though thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Observer007

4??? You think ruhi ka हृदयपरिवर्तन hoga??! Woh bhi armaan abhira ki shadi ke liye smiley37

She will wait till the wedding day to do bride swap.. till then will be around Armaan hoping he will have hriday parivarthan and pick her like he did during their wedding and realised his love for Abhira.. She will hope seeing her, he will melt and pick her..😄😄 if Armaan didn’t have change of heart , there will be bride swap and Roohi will finally be married to Armaan and she will become Roohi Armaan Poddar from just Roohi Poddar 😁😁

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Originally posted by: mili9

Sad, but very true, Charu. I agree with you, Abhira now = Armaan before. smiley18 You had been wiser and figured this out waaay earlier than mesmiley13I don't like it at all.

It is very clear what she did yesterday is all to be with him. She is afraid of losing him. Vidya's lecture didn't help her in a good way nor did Armaan's tirade against hersmiley6 Usse ek mentor ki zaroorat hain. She is on a free fall otherwise. Armaan is definitely not looking out for her as a wholesmiley5

It's sad isn't it..

I mean if she's figured out everything crystal clear , what's the confusion about?

All her points with vidya were valid but what happened ?smiley39what vidya told her is demeaning but this is what she wants ...if she loves Arman and Arman loves her , she will have fight for it if arman cannot ......ruhi is a ghost 👻 she doesn't wanna face ..if she wants arman she will have to accept him as he is and ruhi is his baggage he can't get rid of ..nor his family ...

N looks like she made up her mind ..n now she cant be complaining or crying abt ruhi at least

elizamerin thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhinav (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Sajini235

Well, I am not being biased at all but abhira's character is what connected me to this show and always will be. I don't hate her for few mistakes and I hope she will learn from them but above mentioned are deal breakers for me.

Seeing dialogues in the show sometimes, its very much clear that makers stalk IF. So its not any secret for them that noone wants ab to accept gks at once. Lets see what they will do...

Everyone here want someone to call out the mistakes of Ruhi.Bit still makers always glorify or whitewash het.if makers really stalking this forum ,why not they listen us

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Well, I am not being biased at all but abhira's character is what connected me to this show and always will be. I don't hate her for few mistakes and I hope she will learn from them but above mentioned are deal breakers for me.

Seeing dialogues in the show sometimes, its very much clear that makers stalk IF. So its not any secret for them that noone wants ab to accept gks at once. Lets see what they will do...

I agree that Abhira is what connects me to the show.

I am happy to say that I am pro Abhira and watching for Abhira's journey and this is HER story. That does not take away relevance of other characters. However theres no question that the protagonist of yrkkh gen 4 is very clearly Abhira. As audience I can relate to her more than anyone else. She is consistently written and her evolution is organic. This current version of her where she's sacrificing things or bending/accommodating is because she's unconditionally in love and thats what people do in love. And while I am not thrilled about her being the one making most of the adjustments and compromises, its actually entirely to be expected since she has to survive in a joint family if she wants Armaan in her life. As long as its not at the cost of ruining her career and completely erasing her core values- it'll still be watchable. I still think she is the least flawed character and most consistently written character in the show. And i don't think they have made her the typical "mahaan" FL which is wonderful because that gets grating to watch. She is quite real and relatable. Sam also plays her in such a way that I am 100 % rooting for Abhira.

Armaan is very likeable too because he's also got a solid backstory regarding why he's the way he is. And RoPu makes him look vulnerable and soft. But for me when I compare the 2 people - Abhira is definitely the better person. She's strong, more reliable and more sorted in life than Armaan.

As audience, I feel I like Armaan fundamentally because Abhira loves him more than for his own core personality

One thing i do feel is that in this love story Abhira most of the time is Armaan's strength but Armaan majority of the time is Abhiras weakness :( I hope to see Armaan also be her strength especially during Goenka reveal.

Abhiras influence on Armaan has made him more vocal and expressive, made him choose himself without feeling guilty about it. But Armaans influence on Abhira is making her assume guilt for things she doesn't need to , its making her compromise on things she otherwise would not have. She's getting his companionship and a family which she always craved given her lonely childhood so thats a huge thing. For a person like Abhira who was literally a lost child when her mom died suddenly, having Armaan take her hand and be an anchor means so much that she is willingly bending over backwards for him. Thats not wrong as long as she doesn't lose herself in the process.

I don't think makers will show Abhira melt towards goenkas as soon as reveal happens. Knowing her mom was accused of killing her maasi and abandoned for so many years will not be something she'll easily forgive. I don't see her accepting that her mom could have even accidentally killed anyone and she will dig deeper and find proof that she only took the fall for what Ruhi did as a kid so that Ruhi the child would not have to live with the knowledge of killing her own mom.

Pinecone thumbnail

Yes its sad that she's needing to bend just to have him in her life. The fear of losing him is driving her right now.

But i don't think a character like Abhira will be able to keep on bending. She will willingly do it for now because not losing the love of her life, his companionship, the sense of belonging, this family - thats number one priority for her now.

But she's a strong personality too. Along the way if she starts to feel like she's losing herself entirely, I am optimistic that she will stand up and speak up.

Hopefully my optimism isnt crushed.

But it makes me sad that Abhira is Armaans strength whereas he is her weakness. To be a good love story both need to be each others strength.

Pinecone thumbnail

In the end Abhira will have to reconcile with her maternal family but she won't melt right away. She's bound to question why they were absent in her mummas life and when she learns it was due to the accusation of killing Arohi, she will not believe it. She will not accept that her mom even accidentally killed someone.

Observer007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Why_though

She will wait till the wedding day to do bride swap.. till then will be around Armaan hoping he will have hriday parivarthan and pick her like he did during their wedding and realised his love for Abhira.. She will hope seeing her, he will melt and pick her..😄😄 if Armaan didn’t have change of heart , there will be bride swap and Roohi will finally be married to Armaan and she will become Roohi Armaan Poddar from just Roohi Poddar 😁😁

I know you have written this in a lighthearted manner, but if such a thing happens, no one will be able to save DKP. I haven't watched all generations, but I don't think bride swapping has ever happened in YRKKH. Even though we don't like it and Ruhi doesn't want it, but she is a sister of abhira; doing this means Ruhi, Poddars', armaansa sab ka tata tata bye bye (i think one of forum member has highlighted this).

DKP should understand that they have come this far and that too so strongly because of the endgame couple theory they maintained in the first generation. The second generation got love by seeing them; they thought their relationship would be like their parents'. But they spoiled it in the later part of the second generation and the next ones, and we are seeing the hatred and anger people have as they spoiled their favorite endgame couple (I mean intro was for the endgame couple). If such a thing happens again this time, I don't know if anyone will see it. Half of the people are fed up with their awful storyline and repetitive plots.

Pinecone thumbnail

I dont mind Vs advice to Abhira. Its good that she could placate her insecurities a little bit and stress on the fact that Ruhi is never going away for good because she lives in the same city as them so Abhira needs to accept the past baggage and also focus on the fact that Armaan picked her , not Ruhi. And at some point she needs to take a leap of faith and hope that time and Armaans companionship will heal her wounds and make her feel secure. Because the alternative is that she will live with "what ifs"

But what will be good is if V also gives a proper pravachan to Armaan also about not taking Abhira for granted just because she is accepting him with his past baggage. he has made Abhira feel very insecure so onus is on him to keep showing her how much he values her and make her feel secure.

She's younger and has no experience dealing with relationships. She's only ever known her mom and thats it. For Abhira, Armaan is her whole world rn. His family is an extension of him for her.

If tomorrow things go south, Armaan will still have his family but Abhira will lose everything

Ohgod! thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Not to say you're biased at all.. all I'm saying is you'll find some one character relatable at different times.. because they don't keep any character consistent as they shouldn't.. doesn't make for great story telling imo if we don't say every character make mistakes and learn from them.. so you won't be disappointed on that front although I'm not making any promises on any of these characters repeating same mistakes again smiley36 for example, they won't probably make Armaan go back to being dumb again wrt Ruhi but his ongoing guilt will keep making him cross paths with her but it's different with female leads.. Abhira may get back her sunshine self soon but no promises on whether she will keep her relationship with Armaan transparent and keep no secrets anymore or won't do something out of character for his family! It's just a trend with Rishta FLs too! I'd be very happy to be proven wrong because I get that it always makes for a frustrating watch when characters we relate to act annoyingly smiley44

As for Goenkas also, my thought is that she will forgive them soon enough.. she's may continue to have a hot and cold relationship with ruhi but I'm not holding onto any hope that she'll reject the Goenkas smiley19

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Krinya

It's sad isn't it..

I mean if she's figured out everything crystal clear , what's the confusion about?

All her points with vidya were valid but what happened ?smiley39what vidya told her is demeaning but this is what she wants ...if she loves Arman and Arman loves her , she will have fight for it if arman cannot ......ruhi is a ghost 👻 she doesn't wanna face ..if she wants arman she will have to accept him as he is and ruhi is his baggage he can't get rid of ..nor his family ...

N looks like she made up her mind ..n now she cant be complaining or crying abt ruhi at least

I am fine and will be kind to her when she criessmiley19 She hates Armaan's association with Ruhi, any which way he cuts it. Unfortunately, she is at the point she is very afraid of losing him. He had successfully used the case to break her at the moment. Just like Vidya and Daadi made him feel indebted to them, Abhira is squarely in that position nowsmiley19As he indicated, she is prioritizing being with him over and above anything else he is bringing with him at the moment. If there is at least one person truly watching her back, she would not be in this position she is now. She badly needs a mentor. Why can't Dev comeback from wherever he went- Jaipur as a mentor?

Unfortunately, if this is real life she will feel trapped and will continue to resent internally when situations come up when he would reiterate- here you go, I am guilty for Ruhi's loneliness, I need to take her to the hospital or movies or whereversmiley7 You have nothing to worry, I only love you and you need to understand my point. She will be more alone at that time than she is nowsmiley6, as you mentioned she can't bring it up as her gripe with him anymoresmiley26Since she is very young, she is unable to think of future consequences. Like Pinecone said, it will then build up to a point where she will have to break free because of her free spirited personality.

Let us see how logical the writers think for us. I hope they understand that they just made their ML look like an opportunistsmiley28It was nauseating for me to hear Armaan say, I am now proud of Abhirasmiley21 Makers, don't sacrifice your ML and FL to save your vampsmiley7