Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 20 days ago

What to expect: It's traditionally been a dry pitch and the proximity to the sea does play its part. But that said, this venue hasn't hosted any white-ball games - domestic or International - since the start of 2014, so there'll be a lot of unknown for the teams to contend with. The weather is set to be fair.

Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for the tag All the best to both teams 

NINALOGY thumbnail

Thanks for the tag

May the best team win 

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag Madhu.smiley31

May the best team win.smiley20

Cheers..

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag Madz❤️ 

All the best to both teams🥳

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

BAN vs NED Head To Head (Past 4 Matches)

2022 – Bangladesh won by 9 runs

2016 – Bangladesh won by 8 runs

2012 – Netherlands won by 1 wicket

2012 – Bangladesh won by 8 wickets

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Speaking ahead of the game at the pre-match press conference, Shanto said, "Yeah, as I said, we played some good cricket here. And we are very much confident that the team we have this time, if we play with our strength, we should go to Super Eights."

Questioned on a narrow four-run loss to South Africa in their previous match, the skipper said that such things happen in cricket and the team is happy with its performances.

"And here we had a very good practice session today. A little bit hot but the boys are already adjusted and I hope we will have a very good match," he added.

Shanto said that no one in the team is worried about the form of all-rounder Shakib al Hasan. The veteran has contributed just 97 runs and six wickets in his last eight T20Is.

"It is important to know how much he expects than the expectations of the people. He is trying his best and working hard. I would not say he will come back. He is in a good condition already. I hope he will deliver well tomorrow," he continued.

He also clarified that there is nothing wrong with Shakib's eyes and he is practicing well in the nets.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Shanto on crowd support

Shanto also said that he has liked the support from the crowd so far and hopes that they will turn up for this game too.

Speaking on the team's batting performance, he said that Litton Das and Towhid Hridoy are among the players doing well.

"I never expect that all seven batsmen will play well. I want the batsman who is getting set whether he's from the top or middle order, should finish the game. Of course, it is good if it is coming from the top. But I want the batsmen who are getting set to finish the game," he added.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

'If we play with our strength, should go to Super Eights'

Ahead of his side's ICC T20 World Cup match against the Netherlands, Bangladesh skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto backed his team to reach the Super Eights stage, saying that they have played some good cricket in the tournament so far.

Speaking ahead of the game at the pre-match press conference, Shanto said, "Yeah, as I said, we played some good cricket here. And we are very much confident that the team we have this time, if we play with our strength, we should go to Super Eights."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag and thread Madhu di. BD lets win it

Edited by SoniRita - 20 days ago