Indian Lok Sabha 2024 : Oath taking Ceremony of Modi-NDA Government. # - Page 136

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: CuckooCutter7

as a punjabi, I think the punjabi farmers need to improve their farming practices... and diversify away from cultivating water-depleting crops. However much water you give them, it's never going to last forever with the kind of farming we've been doing. Anyway, they have run the state dry, and now should not blame others for their own state of affairs. Next you'd be blaming Modi for the fact that every second individual there is a dope addict. Not nice to not take responsibility for one's own actions.

True. Same problem with Punjab n TN. They grow water depleting crops on a large scale. Seen paddy fields knee deep in water.
And then they keep having conflicts with neighbouring states over water shortage.
We keep hearing news about drinking water problem in Karnataka while TN demands more release of water for cultivation

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Seeing so many people cry here and in twitter regarding BJP’s actions or inactions. Few r happy they got lesser seats then last election. Some r saying ye sabak sikhana zaruri tha. Log ye nahi jaante ki sabak sikhaane ke chakkar me kabhi sabak seekhne ko bhi milte hai, LL wing ka rona to samajh aata hai.. ye ek hi to kaam aata hai unko. But disappointed with the crying of BJP supporters. This post sums up my thoughts.

https://x.com/jitengajaria/status/1802302416026812783

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Ownership and control of rivers in India, particularly inter-state rivers, rest with the central government rather than individual states. This principle is established by the Indian Constitution and subsequent legislation. Central government is empowered by the constitution to regulate and develop inter-state rivers and river valleys to the extent declared by Parliament.

Decisions of water tribunals are binding on the states involved. Nothing to do with Riparian law.

Even the supreme court directed Punjab to complete the SYL canal and comply with the mandated water sharing agreements. This was in 2002 and in 2016.

I don’t see how any of this is political. It’s one country and one union sharing its resources.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Chingaari

Dil chhota mat kar mere lafangey chingu ke hoteysmiley9

Eid mubarak smiley27

smiley31

Tumhare to roz eid hogi , kisi na kisi bakre banakar roz kat ti hogi

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well if you don't know then let me tell you people of kashmir voted for the constitueny assembly, they had an independent constituent Assembly which could have easily made the declaration and a nation but the assembly chose to be the part of India, and after that the people voted for every legislative assembly and now they voted for parliamentary election, they voted in the favour of Indian constitution, in the favour of nation they are the part of.

And why does the world think it has the right to decide what Indian govt should do in an Indian state, and that they think they can tell us if kashmir is an Indian state or not? You did not heard us telling that Scotland is not a part of England, that reunion island is not a part of France, that US should stuck with the 13 original states and blah blah blah

We don't need your validation on Kashmir, Kashmir was ours, is ours and will always be ours, stop saying and telling us that it's not a part of India, Kashmir and India are not two different identities and if you think they are then it's your problem not ours.

Thanks for the reply, Moonks smiley1

Don't misunderstand me, please. I'm in no way interested to tell Indians what to do. I just commented on what another member wrote. It's only my thoughts, I tell here.

Actually, as Kashmir had always been a part of the Indian subcontinent, it's only because of partition that Kasmir as an issue arrised...and then it became a bone of contention because of the decision of o n e man, not of the people belonging to this beautiful part of India.

Separatist movements are also in Scotland (which you mentioned)...and also in other parts of the world. I'm fortunate to live in a country where such issues aren't there anymore. However issues are in every country also in mine.

As for India, it's because of my hightened interest triggered through my journey into the Hindi filmindustry that I invest my thinking into this far away country. I'm happy to have been able to learn so much during the years...and I'm still on the route to learn more. smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Moonks thumbnail
classic casesmiley39

They thinks they know what's better for us, they just can't digest the fact that we are doing better without their help, infact much better than them, they still think we are their colony and what and how we should do something in our country is their business.

This thought process of theirs make me ignore everything they saysmiley39

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

3rd train accident I think from last year, safety issue is getting bigger and bigger , railway minister should think about it

Its scary 😐

https://x.com/ANI/status/1802570170642133383?t=CVRkz2Y18cM7kZ2TlJvsdQ&s=19