Posted: 27 days ago

Me dropped to fourth place  again smiley36

Will drop futher again  after Aus vs Omn smiley37

I messed  up with d predictions there smiley44

Won't get zero . I m happy about that smiley41smiley40

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Riazat Ali Shah | Player of the Match: It wasn't the easy wicket to bat on, we had also lost wickets when I went in, the target was far away. The message (from the management) was the same, score singles and rotate strike. First win of the WC, it's special, it's really amazing, thanks to our bowlers, also our supporters who always support and pray for us. Despite losing the first match, we knew we had talent and we came here to win.

Joyous scenes in the Uganda camp. First, they thank their fans in the stands and then they form a circle to do a little jig. Incredible moment and a night none of them will ever forget.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Lowest run-rates in a Menโ€™s T20 WC match

4.13 - PNG vs UGA, Guyana, 2024

4.42 - SA vs SL, New York, 2024

4.89 - ENG vs WI, Dubai, 2021

5.09 - SL vs NED, Chattogram, 2014

5.13 - NZ vs SL, Chattogram, 2014

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Assad Vala | Papua New Guinea captain: Difficult wicket to bat on. Not just for us, for them as well. Runs around 100 was enough, we couldn't add up. We lost crucial wickets at crucial times and a lot of soft dismissals. We spoke that it was a tough wicket to start. We put them under pressure. When defending a low score, you have to get those chances and also a lot of extras we gave away. They batted well. We need to take chances, we need to be at our best. We need to adapt quickly.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

The Ugandan players are revelling in the moment. They go over to where their fans are stationed at the ground and bow down to them. This is an incredible story, and they have signed, sealed and delivered the ending of their choice.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

World Cups are meant for beautiful stories. For beautiful narratives, for arcs to come to its fairy tale conclusion and tonight, we have seen another. Uganda, playing their first World Cup ever, now have two points on the board. It did not come easy, mind you. At one stage, they were 26-5 chasing 78. Then, at 35-5, Riazat sliced his swipe and you could sense Ugandan hearts sinking, only for Amini to offer him a reprieve.

Riazat then largely held his nerve, stitching together a vital partnership with Miyagi. There were a few nervy moments towards the end, namely a run out and Riazat getting dismissed, but Waiswa stuck around to get the job done.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

As for PNG, well, they will be ruing what might have been, just like it was on Sunday. They bowled several wides and dropped a couple of catches - the most important being that of Riazat. Had they held on, the game could have assumed a vastly different complexion. Apart from those transgressions, their bowling group gave a good account of itself, dragging the match to the penultimate over. In the end, though, those moments and the lack of runs pulled them back.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Brian Masaba, Uganda captain: Pretty special win for us. First win at the World Cup, doesn't get more special than this. Super proud of the work they put in. To get a win for their country at a World Cup, it is pretty special. It has been quite a journey. Three to four years of very, very hard work, by the players and the board back home. Getting to the World Cup was special, but this is more special. (On their bowling) When you think about it from the other day, we got our plans right. Our execution was much better. The ability to adjust very quickly to the conditions - super proud of the bowling unit, they set up the game for us. (On the fast bowlers' plan) It was pretty simple, bowl a hard length and keep it wicket-to-wicket. We got that right today and it worked in our favour. (On the partnership between Riazat and Miyagi) When you are three down early, chasing a low score, we know how it can be. It was a real scrap out there. Every run they scored was very important and kudos to them for keeping their heads down and doing the job for their teams. (On message to the fans) We have a pretty special group of fans, who travel all around the world and support us. Don't think they came expecting a win in the World Cup but this is the least we can do for them. Staying up till 3:30 or 4:30 on the morning, it is not easy. We salute them and appreciate them. I have a couple of friends who would have killed me if I don't give them regards on live tv (laughs). So, a big shoutout to everyone back home.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Curtains down on this Group C encounter. A low-scoring encounter on a slow pitch in Guyana. Uganda have put smiles on the faces of a lot of people with this win.

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 5

India

Congratulations smiley40

You have won today's predictions

I'm happy finally getting 25 points for total scoressmiley41smiley37