Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

it’s Roston chase the POTM

Chase helped WI to chase the targetsmiley36

Russell ko milta to 75 mil jaate smiley44

Prizi thumbnail

India

Phew that wasn't nearly as comfortable for West Indies as you would've thought. PNG gave them a proper run for their money, and at one point there would've been some jitters as the rate touched 12 with half the side gone. But Roston Chase and Andre Russell produced the big blows when they desperately needed it to overcome what was a really impressive show from the PNG bowlers, starting from Alei Nao with the new ball, and followed up by the spin duo of Assad Vala and John Kariko. The pitch was a tricky one for batting. It was two-paced and there was help early on for seamers, while the ball was gripping and holding as well. The co-hosts will just be glad that they got over the line in the end.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Potm roston chasesmiley40

Prizi thumbnail

India

Roston Chase, Player of the Match: Very pleased to start the tournament with a win and to take the team over the line. I knew that it was hard for the batters coming in, gave myself time and backed my skills. I watched the PNG batters, they took their time and once they got it in it was easy to score. I have worked hard, had a preparation camp in Antigua and brought that confidence into the game. We don't want to take any team lightly, they (PNG) are here which means they are deserving, we want to play the same way we would play India or Australia.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

it’s Roston chase the POTM

something good happenedsmiley36

Changed Russell to roston for potm

changed Russell from bowling toosmiley18

Prizi thumbnail

India

120 for me

Not badsmiley36

Prizi thumbnail

India

Where's tomorrow's early morning match thread? 

Prizi thumbnail

India

Assad Vala, PNG captain: We knew we missed a trick towards the end. Another 15-20 runs would've been nice. But from the wickets we lost early, to post 136 was a good effort. Yeah, really happy with the way we fought. Got wickets in key moments. It's an opportunity and challenge we look forward to. Want to play our best cricket against the best players. He's been helpful with the wickets and conditions (talking about Phil Simmons).