Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

Polls are meaningless people create many IDs to vote, count comments thats better way to judge

I have reported this comment. This is an unfounded assumption about people voting in the polls. It is not a substantiated criticism.

Orphic thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Enigma Experts

I've not watched their every project, I'll just put across my pov considering the shows I've watched of them.

I absolutely loved Yumna's acting as Meerab although I didn't like the character. I would pay proper attention to her reaction to Murtasim's action. She was really very good.

Now comparing her performance as Meerab to Mahjabeen, she did overact for the larger part. I loved her comic scenes but with her mother most of the scenes were OTT. She was great in emotional scenes though. I think emotional scenes are her forte, she does them really well.

In SeA she had no impact on me. She was just there.

In GM I think she's doing fine. It's just 3 episodes.

I never considered Ayeza that great of an actress until she did MPTH. She completely nailed the character & then followed the streak with Chupke Chupke. She was phenomenal as Meenu. Most of the actors tend to go overboard in comedy. She was so on point.

Coming to Mein, I've not watched the whole show. But overshadowing Wahaj is a feat in itself.

I agree this poll should have been between Yumna & Sajal. Sajal wins by a mile though.

1179250 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AuntyDepressant

I have reported this comment. This is an unfounded assumption about people voting in the polls. It is not a substantiated criticism.

Not an unfounded assumption, I have proof, if asked I'll forward it to concerned authorities

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeFil (ZPKB)

I prefer Ayeza over Yumna cause I find Ayeza to be a more natural actor. Yumna is good too, esp in projects like DNUTN or Dar Si Jati. But otherwise most of the time I find her quite similar in different characters and self conscious of being a performer than more of a natural actor. Ayeza, on the other hand, brings jaan to each and every new character she does be it Meenu in Chupke Chupke or Mehnoor in JEJ or even Geeti in Lapata.

Also, hats off to Yumna for trying versatile roles and even problematic roles like Meerub. She was initially great in Baktawar but when she played the male avatar, I didn't find it that convincing. Saboor who was a tomboy in Parizad played her part much better. Her character in Raaz E Ulfat was also not very appealing. For someone who has done meaningful roles in projects like DNUTN or Dar Si Jati, I expected her to be more responsible when choosing characters. But I suppose if she wants to venture into commercial projects when she started getting them, that is ok, as every actor needs to change.

As for hits and views, I don't think any other pak drama has broken record of Humayun and Ayeza's MPTH to date. She has also given commercial and critical hits in other shows like Chupke Chupke, Pyaare Afzaal and the most recent JEJ is also well-appreciated. Both the actors are no doubt good in their ways, but for me it is definitely Ayeza at this point.

Moderator thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
The topic has been flagged for non-compliance with our Forum Rules/Code of Conduct and has been temporarily closed for further review. For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum! Regards, I-F Development Team
minakrish thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

DT Note:

➼ Comparisons between actors are not allowed on any forum, but we have relaxed this rule in hopes of encouraging constructive critique and conversation. Unfortunately, this has not been the case.

➼ Character critique is permitted as long as it is conducted in a polite and respectful manner. However, under no circumstances is it acceptable to bash members or actors or engage in any form of name-calling.

➼ Please refrain from moral policing. You cannot dictate what other members can or cannot post. They are entitled to share their views on a character or actor. If you dislike their opinion but it is expressed politely, simply move on. As adults, we should handle differing opinions without being affected. However, if a post includes bashing an actor or any form of name-calling, it will NOT be tolerated. Please REPORT such posts.

Topic locked.

PSF DT

Edited by minakrish - 4 months ago