Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 4 months ago

Ayeza is definitely better actor. Two different characters, 2 different personalities, you can see change in demeanor and voice modulation

https://x.com/khushim69024228/status/1752323282400096671

crystal30003 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Yet Ayeza sticks to commercial dramas. I would think of her being better if she proved herself with a critical drama and less glamourised roles. That’s why I rate Sajal and Yumna more who’ve established themselves as great actors with critical projects and versatile roles. They’re both known for being versatile actors. Also, I’ve noticed in terms of romance these two actors are really good at it where Ayeza has hit and misses - her only good chemistry being OB and Hamza. I’ve seen reviewers mention how she’s not always able to play the romance card and comes across as being able to play the sweet romance not the fiery chemistry that others can do like Sajal, Yumna, Maya, Mahira, Hania etc. Slightly off tangent but even Iqra a great actor - can really excel in critical projects and has played versatile roles but lately just sticking to commercial projects. Same thing as Ayeza in terms of romance has mainly misses - only great chemistry with Farhan and even then can do the sweet romance not like the others mentioned above. Just my personal opinion and there out of Ayeza and Yumna - Yumna ticks more boxes.

Better comparison is Yumna and Sajal since they have dipped their toes in a lot of different kind of content. For me they’re both better actors too. Yumna has played villains, done social dramas and even played a MAN as well as done glam commercial roles. Her portfolio is impressive.

Also I’m still reeling from MJ. Haven’t seen JeJ but last of Ayeza I saw was in Mein. Wasn’t her best, although it did get better towards the end. The screaming and yelling + she wasn’t able to make me feel connected to the character.

Edited by minakrish - 4 months ago
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Aray yar Yumna ko vote mil saktay hain yahan pe? 🤣

But regardless, better comparison is Yumna and Sajal since they have dipped their toes in a lot of different kind of content. For me they’re both better actors too. Yumna has played villains, done social dramas and even played a MAN as well as done glam commercial roles. Her portfolio is impressive.

Also I’m still reeling from MJ. Haven’t seen JeJ but last of Ayeza I saw was in Mein. Wasn’t her best, although it did get better towards the end. The screaming and yelling + she wasn’t able to make me feel connected to the character.

Polls for voting?

Agree with MJ point.

Before release of Mein, saw MJ yelling after her divorce in leaked BTS. Not knowing anything about Mein's story at that time, first I thought it is a horror show. Then it was revealed that she has bipolar disorder. But then BPD was never openly discussed in the show and also that MJ's character wasn't aligned with the actual BPD sufferer. If MJ really had BPD, either BPD patient's portrayal was wrong or writing wasn't good.

If BPD is taken out of the picture then all that yelling by MJ doesn't make sense.

Also, when it comes to versatility, I think Yumna is better. She has played alternate woman/man role, a Pakhtoon, a saraiki speaking girl, a sindhi speaking girl (in her short film Laaj), a blind person, a prostitute, a bechari, a vamp, a chulbuli girl, an urban girl, a gaoon ki gori (with gaon wala proper accent), a weak woman, a strong female, an abused female, a gharailoo woman. She has worked in issue based shows as well as entertainment shows. She has the highest rated drama with highest online views under her belt. At this point of time I think she is incomparable.

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

For me its Ayeza. Ayeza has got critical acclaim. She got it on Chupke chupke which was a funny role and she was very natural i it. then she also got praise for playing negative role in MPTH. Pyare afzal also was both commercial and critically acclaimed project.

Edited by mala06 - 4 months ago

Yeh Sab kuch side pe aur meerab doosri side pe. Not every actor can take a poorly written character and make it such a heart winning role despite all odds. It was her subtle nuances, her performance which made Meerab one of her most iconic roles. Her eyes speak volumes.

Also she can have chemistry with a chair 😂 Haven’t seen an actress have so many hit pairings from Wahaj, Bilal, Ahmed, Zahid and now Humayun. She creates that spark. Not an easy feat for an actor to have that spark with almost all actors.

PTV is lucky to have so much talent. Ayeza is extremely talented and one of our most stylish actors right now. But I do hope she does a role out of her comfort zone. Idk why she doesn’t because she can absolutely nail it too. If this was a poll on most stylish actor with talent I would vote for her in a heartbeat. But in terms of acting, of course Yumna ka portfolio is much more impressive.

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: crystal30003

Yet Ayeza sticks to commercial dramas. I would think of her being better if she proved herself with a critical drama and less glamourised roles. That’s why I rate Sajal and Yumna more who’ve established themselves as great actors with critical projects and versatile roles. They’re both known for being versatile actors. Also, I’ve noticed in terms of romance these two actors are really good at it where Ayeza has hit and misses - her only good chemistry being OB and Hamza. I’ve seen reviewers mention how she’s not always able to play the romance card and comes across as being able to play the sweet romance not the fiery chemistry that others can do like Sajal, Yumna, Maya, Mahira, Hania etc. Slightly off tangent but even Iqra a great actor - can really excel in critical projects and has played versatile roles but lately just sticking to commercial projects. Same thing as Ayeza in terms of romance has mainly misses - only great chemistry with Farhan and even then can do the sweet romance not like the others mentioned above. Just my personal opinion and there out of Ayeza and Yumna - Yumna ticks more boxes.

The question was about acting and I was asked to share my opinion.

Yumna's every character is one or another variation of Mahajabeen which was a naive character but Yumna played it like she was on a spectrum which was offensive to me. It is appreciated in Pak industry would have been cancelled in Hollywood

I had similar issues with Ayeza in Mein, she played a "Bipolar" character without required sensitivity but she got much better in 2nd part of the drama

Edited by SwatiSingh79 - 4 months ago
Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

She has mass appeal and even her dramas are mostly commercial. She is pretty, has glamour , has the perfect family image with a husband who also has a mass appeal and is very popular and since she don't give much IVs or states her opinion on anything she don't have any big controversies to her name atleast no big enough to be remembered for the long run. She hasn't given much reasons for people to hate on her and that's pretty commendable considering pak audience love to hate on pak actresses for literally breathing. As long as the pak actress comes of as sanskari to them she will be loved. Even after doing this much ayeza still get age shamed by a certain set of people and criticised for giving importance to looking good on screen. Some people have the mindset that only actors who do non glamorous roles can be called a good actor. As if ayeza didn't nail mehwish and meenu (two entirely different characters with nothing in common)like a pro.

- Ayeza (for me)

Edited by Witchofthewest - 4 months ago
1179250 thumbnail

Polls are meaningless people create many IDs to vote, count comments thats better way to judge