Please update soon

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Critics

Posted: 2 months ago

Continue soon.

Waiting for the next.

Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Please update soon

E

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Patiently waiting for next update

Please update soon

chinnuu_20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Part 11

Armaan and Rohith arrived at the small guesthouse near Lake Pichola, the quiet hum of the car's engine fading as they parked and stepped out. The guesthouse was modest, a stark contrast to the grander accommodations in the area. It had an air of tranquility, with blooming bougainvillea climbing the walls and the serene waters of Lake Pichola visible in the distance.

The brothers exchanged a glance, a mix of anxiety and determination passing between them. Armaan took the lead, walking up to the entrance and speaking to the elderly man at the reception.

"We're here to see someone staying here—Ms. Abhira Sharma. Please tell her Armaan and Rohith Poddar are here to see her?" Armaan asked, his voice calm but tinged with nervousness.

The man behind the counter nodded, recognizing the names. "Ms. Abhira is staying in Room 102. I'll inform her right away. Please have a seat in the lounge."

As they waited, the silence between the brothers was different now—less strained, more unified. Both knew the gravity of the situation and the importance of the conversation they were about to have.

After a few minutes, the elderly man returned, his expression unreadable. "Ms. Abhira has asked if you could come to her room. It's just down the hall, the first door on the left."

Armaan nodded gratefully, and the two brothers walked down the dimly lit corridor. When they reached Room 102, Armaan hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering over the door. He took a deep breath and knocked softly.

The moment Abhira heard who had come to see her, she was caught off guard. Her heart skipped a beat, a mix of surprise and unease washing over her. She hadn't expected them to find her so soon—if at all. She had chosen this guesthouse precisely because of its seclusion, thinking it would provide her the space to gather her thoughts, away from the chaos that had consumed her life.

She had planned to stay hidden, only emerging when absolutely necessary, just as she had done earlier that morning during the press interview. Her appearance had been calculated, a controlled statement to keep the media at bay while protecting herself. But now, she realized how naive that plan had been.

"Of course, they found me," she muttered to herself, frustration creeping into her voice. She chided herself for underestimating the reach and influence the Poddar family wielded. Their connections ran deep, and it was foolish to think they wouldn't be able to track her down if they really wanted to.

Abhira took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing thoughts. She knew this moment would come eventually, but she had hoped for more time—time to heal, time to decide how she felt, time to figure out what she truly wanted. But it seemed that time had run out.

She glanced at the reflection in the small mirror by the window, catching sight of her own anxious expression. Closing her eyes for a moment, she steadied herself. This conversation was inevitable, and perhaps it was better to face it now rather than continue running.

Gathering her resolve, Abhira walked towards the door, her footsteps slow but deliberate. She knew that whatever happened next could change everything—again. With one last deep breath, she opened the door and stepped out, her heart heavy with the weight of the impending confrontation.

A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing Abhira. She looked at them with a mixture of surprise and wariness, her eyes betraying the emotional turmoil she had been through. Her appearance was understated—no makeup, simple clothes, and hair tied back, but to them, she looked more serene than ever, her strength shining through.

"Abhira," Armaan began, his voice soft, "can we come in?"

Abhira hesitated for a moment, then stepped aside, allowing them to enter. The room was small but cozy, with a single bed, a wooden dresser, and a window that offered a view of the lake. It was clear that Abhira had chosen this place for its solitude and peace.

The three of them stood there, the air thick with tension and unspoken words. Finally, Abhira broke the silence, her voice steady but with a hint of vulnerability. "What are you doing here, Armaan? Rohith?"

Armaan glanced at Rohith before speaking. "Abhira, we came because we need to talk to you—about everything. We owe you an apology, and we need to ask for your help, we are pursuing a lawsuit against Ruhi."

Abhira's expression remained guarded. "An apology? After everything that's happened, you think an apology will make things right?"

Armaan nodded, his voice filled with sincerity. "I know words can't undo the pain we've caused you. But I want you to know how truly sorry I am. I was blinded by my own anger, insecurities, guilt, and fear, and I failed to see how much I was hurting you. If I could go back and change things, I would."

Rohith, who had been silent until now, stepped forward. "Abhira Bhabhi, I... I owe you an apology as well. I was angry and hurt, and I let that cloud my judgment. I ran away. I owed you the truth but I wasn't even there to stand by you when you needed support, and for that, I'm deeply sorry."

Abhira stiffened at the word "Bhabhi," the title feeling like a sharp jab to her heart. She had once worn it with pride, but now it carried the weight of everything she had lost, everything that had been taken from her.

She looked directly at Rohith, her voice firm. "Don't call me that. Not anymore."

Rohith's face fell, his eyes reflecting the pain her words carried. He nodded slowly, understanding the gravity of what she was saying, the severed bond between them. "I'm sorry, Abhira," he said quietly, dropping the honorific that once symbolized their familial bond.

Armaan, too, felt the sting of her words, but he knew better than to argue. He had already caused her enough pain; pushing her further was the last thing he wanted to do. "Abhira," he began carefully, "we're not here to pressure you or to make you relive the past. We came because we need you to know that you're not alone in this anymore."

Abhira's eyes softened, but she remained silent, her gaze shifting between the two brothers. Finally, she sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, gesturing for them to sit as well. They took seats on the small chairs by the window.

"You say you need my help," she said, her tone weary. "But you have to understand—every time I think about what happened, it tears me apart. I left to escape that pain, to try and find some semblance of peace. And now you're asking me to dive back into it?"

Armaan nodded, his expression pained but resolute. "I know it's a lot to ask, Abhira. But we can't let Ruhi get away with what she's done. Not just to you, but to everyone she's hurt. We're not asking you to do this alone. We'll be with you every step of the way, if you're willing to help us."

Abhira looked at both of them, their faces filled with guilt, regret, and a sincere desire to make things right. A part of her wanted to help, to bring Ruhi to justice for everything she had done. But another part of her, the part that was still so deeply wounded, wanted to shut them out, to protect herself from more pain.

Abhira sighed, her defenses slowly crumbling as she realized how hard it must have been for them to come here, to face her after everything that had happened. But she wasn't ready to forgive—not yet. And she wasn't sure she ever would be.

She closed her eyes, trying to sort through the whirlwind of emotions inside her. When she opened them again, she spoke slowly, carefully choosing her words. "I'll think about it. But I need time—time to decide if this is something I can do, something I'm ready for."

Rohith nodded, his voice gentle. "Take all the time you need, Abhira. We understand."

Armaan reached out, hesitating for a moment before lightly touching her hand. "Thank you, Abhira. We appreciate whatever you decide. Just know that we're here for you, no matter what."

Abhira pulled her hand back slowly, not out of anger but out of self-preservation. She gave them a small, almost sad smile. "I know you mean well, Armaan. And maybe one day, I'll be able to forgive you both. But right now, I'm still trying to forgive myself for everything that happened."

The room fell silent, the weight of her words hanging in the air. Armaan and Rohith exchanged a glance, realizing that this was as far as they could go for now. They had come seeking forgiveness, and while they hadn't received it yet, they had at least opened the door to a conversation that had long been overdue.

"We'll leave you to think," Rohith said softly, rising from his chair. "But if you ever need anything—anything at all—you know where to find us."

Armaan stood as well, offering a quiet nod of gratitude. "Thank you, Abhira," he echoed, his voice thick with emotion.

Rohith sensed the tension in the room, understanding that this moment was deeply personal between Armaan and Abhira. He could see the unspoken emotions between them, the shared history that needed to be confronted without his presence. With a gentle nod to Armaan, Rohith stood up, giving his brother a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

"I'll give you both some privacy," Rohith said softly, his voice filled with empathy. "I'll be outside if you need me."

Armaan looked up at Rohith, gratitude, and understanding in his eyes. He gave a small, appreciative nod, silently thanking his brother for giving them the space they needed. Rohith offered a faint smile to Abhira, one that held a world of unspoken apologies and hopes for healing. Then, without another word, he quietly moved out of the room, closing the door behind him with a soft click.

The room seemed to grow even quieter after Rohith's departure, the weight of the conversation pressing down on the two who remained. Armaan and Abhira were left alone, the silence between them thick with unresolved feelings. Armaan took a deep breath, his eyes meeting Abhira's as he prepared to say what he had been holding back.

"Abhira," Armaan began, his voice barely above a whisper, "I know I've hurt you more than I can ever make up for. I never meant to part ways with you in bitterness. I never wanted to lose the comrade."

Abhira looked away, her gaze fixed on the window, where the serene waters of Lake Pichola shimmered in the distance. "You did push me away, Armaan. You made me feel like I was nothing, like everything we had meant nothing to you."

Armaan's heart clenched at her words. He had known this would be difficult, but hearing the pain in her voice made it almost unbearable. He stood up from his chair and took a hesitant step towards her, his hands trembling slightly as he tried to find the right words.

But before he could speak, Abhira turned to face him, her eyes reflecting a mix of sadness and resignation.

"But more than you, Armaan," she began, her voice steady despite the emotions swirling within her, "I find fault in myself. You weren't wrong. I was the one who had over-expectations from you. I expected you to stand up for me, to protect me, but I realize now how unfair that was."

Armaan opened his mouth to protest, but Abhira continued, her tone growing more determined.

"I meant nothing to you compared to them," she said, her voice cracking slightly. "How could I have expected you to defend me and my mother, over your family? The bond you share with them is deep, and I was foolish to think that I could have that for myself too. It was naive of me to believe that our relationship could withstand that kind of pressure, that you would understand me foremost when I was never a part of that core."

Armaan's eyes widened, pain and regret filling his chest as he listened to her words. He wanted to tell her she was wrong, that she had always been important to him, but he knew that actions had spoken louder than words.

"Abhira, you were impo—" he started, but she cut him off again, her expression firm.

"No, Armaan," she said softly, but with an edge of finality. "You don't need to say anything. I understand now that I was never truly a part of your world, not in the way that I wanted to be. And that's not your fault. I should have seen it for what it was from the beginning, instead of hoping for something that was never meant to be."

"Hoping what Abhira. Expecting your husband to stand by you when you are being abused by his family isn't wrong. That was my duty. You loved me-"

He was cut short by Abhira again. "Expecting from a husband isn't wrong. Forgetting that I never had a husband to begin with, was wrong. That was a deal, Armaan. You and I both knew it. But it was wrong on my part to keep indulging in your family matters. It was wrong to not walk out when I realized I was being imposed on them and they didn't find it fancy to have around."

"Abhira, Please-"

"No Armaan. Please, let me speak. Loving you when I knew you were still hung up in the past was wrong. I now know my anger towards you was irrational. I realized I had no right to. And I apologize for that. But what hurt me was, that you never valued my friendship. You wouldn't have mistreated me, if you ever considered me as your friend. You would have shared about Ruhi. You could have prevented me from getting hurt. You could have empathized with me when your girlfriend or ex-girlfriend, whoever it is, was picking up on me with no fault of mine. And I hold that against you."

Armaan felt his throat tighten, the weight of her words hitting him like a ton of bricks. He had never realized how deeply she had been hurting, how much she had struggled with feeling like she didn't belong. "I never wanted you to feel that way," he whispered, his voice filled with anguish. "I never meant to make you feel like you were alone."

Abhira shook her head slowly, a sad smile on her lips. "I know you didn't, Armaan. But intentions don't change the reality of what happened. I was living in a dream, and now I'm waking up to the truth. And the truth is... we were never meant to last."

Her words hung in the air, a bittersweet acknowledgment of the bond they had shared and the reality that had torn them apart. Armaan felt a tear slip down his cheek, his heart breaking at the realization that there was nothing he could say to undo the damage that had been done.

Abhira looked at him, her expression softening as she saw the pain in his eyes. "I want to thank you for helping me when I had none. I would forever be grateful to you. You have been my mentor, and safety net for a long time. I can't disregard everything you have done to me just because of the bitter ending. I'll always cherish the memories we made, Armaan," she said quietly, "but it's time for me to let go, to find my path—one that doesn't depend on anyone else but me. And I also thank you for having this conversation. I needed this closure."

But did Armaan want this closure? He was not sure. But he wouldn't ever pull her back to his abyss. She deserved much more than him. And he would make sure to obey her. He would give her whatever she asked in exchange for just their memories. He wouldn't burden her with his guilt. If she wants space, she would get that. If she wants him out of her life, she would get that.

With that, the two of them stood in silence, the weight of their shared history pressing down on them. There were no more words left to say, no more apologies that could mend what had been broken. All that remained was the quiet acceptance that their paths were now diverging and that it was time to say goodbye to what once was.

After a long, silent moment, Armaan stepped back, giving Abhira one last look. "Take care of yourself," he whispered before turning and walking toward the door.

Abhira watched him go, her heart heavy but resolute. She had made her decision, and now it was time to move forward, to find herself again, and to build a life that was truly her own. As the door closed behind him, she let out a deep breath, feeling a sense of closure wash over her. The chapter with Armaan was over, and it was time to start a new one—one where she could finally heal and be free.

Author's note:

I really apologize for the delay. Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by chinnuu_20 - 2 months ago
chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Author's note:

This is the longest chapter I have written to date. And This update had taken long time than I have estimated. When I started this Fanfic, I was extremely angry on how the story was going ahead. As mentioned couple of times earlier, this was a impulse decision I had taken post the engagement of Armaan-Ruhi. And my plotline was to separate Armaan & Abhira. I was damn sure about it.

However, my stance softened later on. I am liking how each and every aspect is being focused in the show right now. That is the main reason I would give for taking time in giving updates. It's extremely difficult for me to write fanfic which is completely off-track to the current happenings in the show. I couldn't bring myself to write the parting conversion of Armaan- Abhira. But I also did not want to deviate from the original plotline.

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Beautiful update!

I'm glad Abhira has had a difficult conversation with such honesty . She truly is a brave and wonderful person.

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Beautiful update. Very well written. You have a talent to make the reader feel the character's emotions, kudos to you 👏 👏

chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Thank you soo much:)

mithilalovesksg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Lovely update nice story