Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chinnuu_20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Author’s note : Charu had never been in support to Ruhi in this version. She was a mute participant throughout Armaan and Ruhi’s wedding. She harbored silent avenge for Ruhi.

Part -4

Ruhi paced nervously in their bedroom, her mind racing. The confrontation with the family had left her shaken, and she desperately needed to talk to Armaan. She hoped he would come to her, that they could find some way to face this together. But as the minutes ticked by and he didn’t appear, her anxiety grew.

Armaan, meanwhile, was wandering the hallways of the Poddar house, his mind a storm of conflicting emotions. He couldn’t bring himself to face Ruhi, not yet. Instead, he found himself standing in front of Rohith’s old room. The door creaked as he pushed it open, stepping into a space filled with memories.

The room was just as Rohith had left it—neat, orderly, and filled with mementos of happier times. Armaan ran his fingers over the desk, the bookshelf, the framed photographs that adorned the walls. Each item was a reminder of the bond he once shared with his brother, a bond now shattered by his actions.

He sank onto the bed, his head in his hands. Guilt and sorrow washed over him in waves. He remembered the times they spent together—playing cricket in the yard, staying up late to talk about their dreams and fears. How had things gone so wrong?How had he allowed himself to hurt the one person he had always vowed to protect?

"I’ve failed you, Rohith," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "I was supposed to be there for you, to guide you, and I ended up betraying your trust. I was so blind, so desperate for approval that I didn’t see the damage I was causing."

Armand's thoughts turned to Abhira. He missed her presence in the house—the way she could light up a room with her smile, her kindness, and her unwavering strength. She had been a source of support for everyone, including him, even when she was suffering silently.

"I should have seen what was happening to you, Abhira," he murmured. "You were always there for us, and we let you down. I let you down."

He remembered the small moments—how she had encouraged him when he felt lost in the absence of Rohith, how she had been there for his cousins when they needed guidance. Abhira had been a pillar of strength, and he had allowed his own weaknesses to overshadow her struggles.

"I miss you, Abhira," he said softly. "I wish I could go back and change things. I wish I had been there for you like you were for us."

Armaan's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. He looked up to see Manisha standing there, concern etched on her face."Armaan, are you okay?" Manisha asked gently.

Armaan nodded, though his eyes were filled with pain. "I’m trying to be, Chachi sa. I’m trying to make sense of everything. I’ve hurt so many people, and I don’t know how to make it right."

Manisha stepped into the room and sat beside Armaan. "It's not going to be easy, Armaan. But acknowledging your mistakes is the first step. We have to start by making amends, by being there for those we’ve hurt."

Armaan sighed, the weight of his guilt heavy on his shoulders. "I just hope it’s not too late. I hope I can find a way to make things right, for Rohith, and for this family."

Manisha placed a reassuring hand on Armaan's shoulder. "We’ll get through this, Armaan. Together. We’ll make things right, one step at a time."

Meanwhile, Ruhi was still waiting in their bedroom, growing increasingly restless. She couldn’t understand why Armaan hadn’t come to her. She needed to see him, to find some way to salvage their relationship. But deep down, she feared that the damage was too great.

As the night wore on, she finally gave up waiting and decided to find him. She walked through the quiet house, her footsteps echoing in the empty halls. When she reached Rohith’s old room, which she had shared with him once upon a time, she saw the light spilling out from under the door and hesitated. Hearing soft murmurs from the room, she sensed some other presence in the room apart from her husband. And she wasn't in a mood to entertain any member of the Poddar clan. Hence, she retreated to the confines of her present room, determined to talk with Armaan first thing in the morning.

The rest of the family was also grappling with the fallout. Madhav felt the weight of his own regrets, his mind replaying the moments he could have acted differently. Vidya struggled with her sense of betrayal, trying to reconcile the love she felt for her son with the pain he had caused.

Kaveri, on the other hand, feared for the family's reputation. Though she was happy that Rohith was fit and fine, something in his demeanor seemed off. He wasn't the sunshine boy of the Poddar family they had known before. Something was amiss. She worried about how this would reflect on their family in society, how the whispers and gossip could tarnish their name. But more than that, she worried about Rohith's changed demeanor and whether he could ever truly recover from this.

As the night deepened, the Poddar house was filled with unspoken fears, regrets, and a glimmer of hope that somehow, they could find a way to heal and rebuild the bonds that had been broken.

Krish parked his car in front of the house, his mind still reeling from the events of the day. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. Charu had called him earlier, worried about him and the family, and when she learned he was with Rohith, she insisted he take her to see him. She had always looked up to Rohith, and the news of his return had shaken her deeply.

He stepped out of the car and walked up to her room, knocking gently. A moment later, the door opened, and there stood Charu, her eyes filled with concern.

"Krish ," she said, her voice trembling slightly. "Is Rohith bhaiya here? I need to see him."

Krish nodded, giving her a reassuring smile. "No, Charu. He's not ready to be back here. I'll take you to him. But we need to be careful."

As they turned to leave, Kajal, their mother, appeared in the hallway. Her face was pale, and she looked at them with a mixture of fear and apprehension.

"Krish, Charu, where are you going?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Krish hesitated for a moment, then spoke up. "Charu wants to see Rohith bhaiya, Ma. I'm taking her to him."

Kajal's eyes widened, and she took a step forward, wringing her hands nervously. "Krish, you know your father and grandmother won't approve of this. If they find out..."

"Why should they find out?" Charu interrupted, her voice firm. "Why should everything we do be dictated by their disapproval? This is Rohith bhaiya we're talking about, Ma. He's family."

Kajal looked at her daughter, her heart aching. She understood Charu's need, but the fear of her husband and mother's disapproval loomed large. She glanced around, as if expecting them to appear at any moment.

"Charu, you don't understand. If they find out, there will be consequences for all of us," Kajal whispered."And what about the consequences of not seeing him?" Charu shot back. "What about the pain we caused by declaring him dead, and marrying off his wife to his divorced brother? I'm not going to stand by and let this happen. I'm going to see him, Ma. You can either support us or stand in our way."

Kajal's eyes filled with tears, torn between her fear and her daughter's determination. She took a deep breath, then nodded slowly. "Go. But be quick. And be careful. If anyone finds out..."

"We will, Ma," Krish assured her. "We'll be careful. Thank you."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

When they arrived at the place, Krish led Charu inside, where they found Rohith sitting quietly in the hotel lobby. As soon as Charu saw him, she rushed forward, tears streaming down her face.

"Rohith bhaiya!" she cried, wrapping her arms around him. "I missed you so much!"

Rohith hugged her back, his own eyes moist. "I missed you too, Charu. I'm sorry for everything."

As they stood there, holding each other, Krish watched them, a sense of hope slowly building within him. Despite the fear and tension, there was also a sense of reunion, of family bonds slowly starting to mend.

Charu pulled away, her face a mix of relief and anger. "Rohith bhaiya, do you have any idea what we've been through? What I've been through? Ever since you left, it's like everything fell apart."

Rohith's expression turned serious, his guilt deepening. "Charu, I... I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen."

Charu shook her head, her emotions spilling over. "It's not just about you leaving, bhaiya. It's about everything. Ruhi... she took everything from me. My career, my love. I felt so much anger, so much need for revenge. And then there's Nanisa. We all had to bow down to her, to be submissive, to follow her every command."

She looked at Krish, then back at Rohith, her voice trembling with frustration. "I'm tired of it. I'm tired of living under their shadows, of having to constantly prove myself, of being afraid to speak up."

Rohith listened, his heart heavy with the weight of her words. "Charu, I had no idea it was this bad. I should have been there for you, for all of you. But we can't change the past. What we can do is work together to change the future."

Krish nodded in agreement. "We need to find a way to stand up to them, to bring their egos down. We can't let them control our lives anymore. We have to show them that we are strong, that we can make our own decisions."

Charu's eyes were filled with determination. "But how do we do that? How do we make them see that we're not just pawns in their game?"

Rohith took a deep breath, his mind racing with thoughts of how to protect his family from further harm. He looked at Charu and Krish, seeing the pain and determination in their eyes.

"We need to be strategic about this," Rohith said, his voice steady. "Ruhi's presence has only caused more division and hurt within our family. Since she entered our lives, the rift between Armaan and me has grown wider. I believe the only way to heal and move forward is to remove her from our lives completely."

Charu's eyes widened in surprise, but then she nodded, understanding the gravity of his words. "You're right, Rohith bhaiya. She’s been a source of so much pain. But how do we do it? How do we convince everyone, especially Armaan bhaiya, that this is the right course of action? Armaan bhaiya is already drowning in his guilt of breaking our trust. Would he be able to see through her manipulations at this time?"

Rohith sighed, rubbing his temples. "We need to gather evidence of her manipulations and show it to the family. We need to make them see the truth. And we need to be united when we confront her."

Charu, still angry, added, "Armaan bhaiya never supported me in my love story. He always sided with Ruhi. He should have seen through her earlier!"

Krish, sensing her bitterness, stepped in. "Charu, Armaan bhaiya has been manipulated just like the rest of us. He's not innocent, but he's also not the enemy. He was blinded by his feelings, just as you were blinded by your anger. You have to remember that Abhira was always there for you, and we never stood up for her. She supported you through everything, and we let her down."

Charu's eyes softened slightly at the mention of Abhira. "You're right, Krish. I was so consumed by my own pain and anger that I didn't see the bigger picture. We need to do this for Abhira too. She deserves justice."

Rohith nodded. "Exactly. We need to be united in this. We need to support Armaan and help him see the truth. And we need to stand up to Nanisa and show her that we won't be controlled anymore."

Krish placed a hand on Charu's shoulder. "Together, we can do this. We can bring Ruhi's manipulations to light and start to heal as a family. It's time we take control of our lives."

As they stood there, united in their resolve, a sense of hope began to take root. They knew the road ahead would be challenging, but together, they believed they could overcome the obstacles and bring peace back to their family.

Edited by chinnuu_20 - 3 months ago
chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Let me know your thoughts on this.!

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing chapter! Leaves me wanting more . Cant wait to see Ruhi face the music.

sinak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Awesome. It's time for Ruhi to face all the manipulation she has done.

Waiting for the next part. Please update soon

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

wonderful chapter, can't wait for the downfall of Ruhi, Dadisa.

Missing Abhira, hope she is well and free, happy.

Do tag me.

Take care smiley27

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Amazing,waiting 4 nxt part

chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Part 5

Armaan had fallen asleep in Rohith's room, resting his head in Manisha's lap. Manisha gently stroked his hair, her eyes filled with worry and sorrow. She stayed with him throughout the night, trying to provide the comfort he desperately needed.

Early in the morning, Ruhi made her way to Rohith's room. She had spent the night awake, her mind racing with thoughts and emotions. She knew she had to talk to Armaan and clear the air. As she reached Rohith's door, she took a deep breath, hesitating for a moment before she turned the handle.

Just as she was about to push the door open, Vidya appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Ruhi's arm. Vidya's face was a mask of anger and determination. "What do you think you're doing? You have no right to enter this room." she hissed, pulling Ruhi away from the door.

"Ma, I need to talk to Armaan, he is in there" Ruhi pleaded, trying to free her arm from Vidya's grip.

"I don't care!" Vidya snapped, dragging Ruhi back to Armaan's room. She shoved her inside and closed the door behind them. "You've done enough damage already. And I would never let you enter Rohith's room and tarnish its essence."

Ruhi turned to face Vidya, frustration etched on her face. "What are you talking about? I haven't done anything."

Vidya's eyes flashed with fury. "Don't lie to me, Ruhi! You told me you never pursued Armaan after you married Rohith. You promised me that it was all in the past."

"It was in the past, Vidya! I swear, I never—

""Then how did Rohith find out?" Vidya cut her off, her voice rising. "How did he know about your feelings for Armaan if you never pursued him?"

Ruhi opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. She was stunned, trying to comprehend the accusation. "I don't know... I never told Rohith anything

."Vidya's expression hardened. "Then how did he find out, Ruhi? Do you think he just guessed? No, he found out because you couldn't let go of Armaan. You kept your feelings alive, and now look where it's gotten us!"

Tears welled up in Ruhi's eyes. "Ma, please, you have to believe me. I never intended for any of this to happen."

Vidya shook her head, her voice cold. "Intentions don't matter, Ruhi. Actions do. And your actions have torn this family apart. Rohith left home because of you. He couldn't bear to see you pining for his brother."

"That's not true!" Ruhi cried, her voice breaking. I valued my relationship with him."

"Then why did you lie to him?" Vidya demanded. "Why did you lie to all of us? If you truly valued your marriage, Rohith, you would have let go of Armaan completely."

"Ruhi, I need you to understand the consequences of your actions. Armaan is broken, Rohith is gone, and this family is falling apart. You need to take responsibility for what you've done." She turned to leave the room but paused at the door, looking back at Ruhi with a final, cutting remark. "You better stay in here for a few days and not show your face to any of us." With that, Vidya left the room, closing the door behind her. Ruhi stood there, feeling utterly humiliated and alone, the weight of her mistakes pressing down on her.

Ruhi stood there, feeling utterly humiliated and alone, the weight of her mistakes pressing down on her. The confrontation with Vidya had left her shaken, but as the initial shock wore off, a new emotion began to bubble up within her—anger. She was angry at Vidya for her harsh words, angry at Rohith for leaving without giving her a chance to explain, and angry at herself for the choices she had made. The suffocating guilt and sorrow were now mingled with a fierce need for space, to escape from the accusing eyes and constant reminders of her failures.

She paced the room, her thoughts racing. "How did it come to this?" she whispered to herself. "I tried so hard to make things right." She thought about Armaan, asleep just a few rooms away, and the complex web of emotions tangled between them. She thought about Rohith, the man she had married, now driven away by her unresolved feelings.

Ruhi clenched her fists, frustration boiling over. "I can't be around them right now. I need to clear my head, to figure out what needs to be done." She knew that staying cooped up in this room, avoiding everyone, wasn't a long-term solution, but it was the only option she could see at the moment.

However, Fate decided to be her enemy since yesterday. She was soon interrupted by Kaira who informed her that everyone was waiting for her in the living room. Having no clarity about who that 'everyone' meant because Kaira refused to meet her eyes and slipped as soon as she uttered those words, Ruhi reluctantly stepped out of the room.

Ruhi stood in the living room, her heart racing with anxiety as her maternal family entered alongside Krish. She immediately noticed her Par Nanu's questioning glance and feared his reaction, but Krish intercepted, diverting their attention momentarily. As Ruhi glanced around, she saw Armaan descending the stairs, supported by Manisha Chachi, his demeanor heavy with grief.

The entire room was filled with a tense silence, each family member looking bewildered. Manish Goenka, puzzled, approached Kaveri with a furrowed brow. "Why were we summoned at 11 AM?" he demanded.

Kaveri, taken aback, replied quickly, "I didn't call anyone."

Manish's frustration grew. "Then who did?" he pressed, his gaze sweeping the room.

Just then, a voice from the doorway interrupted, causing everyone to turn. It was Rohith, standing there with Charu beside him. The sight of him stunned Ruhi's maternal family, who hadn't known about his return until that moment. There was a brief flicker of relief and happiness, quickly overshadowed by uncertainty and tension.

Rohith spoke calmly but firmly, addressing Manish's question. "I asked everyone to come here." His gaze shifted to Ruhi, who stood frozen in place, her emotions in turmoil.

Ruhi's maternal family exchanged glances, their earlier joy now tinged with concern. The dynamics of the room had shifted drastically with Rohith's unexpected return. Ruhi realized that her life and relationships were about to undergo another upheaval. She wondered how she would cope with the aftermath of her actions, with the family dynamics now in flux.

Rohith stood in the doorway, his presence commanding attention. His eyes swept over Ruhi's maternal family, noting their mixed expressions of surprise and apprehension. Sensing the underlying tension, he addressed them directly, his voice steady but tinged with hurt.

"Why do you all look so uneasy to see me?" Rohith's gaze rested on Suwarna, who seemed caught off guard by his direct question.

Suwarna hesitated, her eyes shifting uncomfortably. "Rohith, we... we didn't know you were coming back. It's a surprise, that's all."

Rohith's expression hardened slightly. "Is it because Ruhi's mask has finally peeled off?"

His words were sharp, cutting through the awkward silence. "Tell me, Mrs. Goenka, why did you let Ruhi marry me if you knew she loved someone else? Someone like Armaan, no less."

Suwarna's face paled, her lips trembling as she struggled to find an answer. "Rohith, we thought... we thought she would move on. We didn't know..."

Rohith's voice was filled with bitterness. "Didn't know? Or didn't want to see?" He turned to the rest of Ruhi's family, his gaze challenging. "Did any of you know about Ruhi's feelings for Armaan before I did? Or were you all complicit in this deception? And you Mrs.Goenka, don't feed me any more lies. I overheard your conversation with Ruhi about her so-called love. And guess what your assumption was wrong. She never moved on. She kept pestering my brother in this very house behind my back. Lucky me! I overheard their conversation as well. She was the reason I stayed apart from my family all these months. You could have avoided this situation if you stopped her. Or the least you could have done is come clean to the family."

The Poddar family stood there, stunned into silence by Rohith's accusations. Suwarna's shoulders slumped, her face etched with shame as the weight of Rohith's words sank in. Her husband and other family members exchanged uncomfortable glances, realizing their complicity in the deception that had torn Rohith's life apart. They felt a deep sense of remorse and disgust at how they had unwittingly contributed to Ruhi's betrayal, their trust in her now shattered. They couldn't help but feel sorry for Rohith, seeing the pain and betrayal etched on his face, knowing they had failed him and their own sense of integrity.

Ruhi stepped forward, her voice tinged with desperation and defiance. "Rohith, please don't disrespect my family like this. They didn't—"

Before Ruhi could finish her plea, Manisha intervened sharply, her tone cutting through the tension in the room. "You aren't the one who should speak about respect, Ruhi," she said firmly, her eyes flashing with a mix of sympathy and reproach. "Look at what your actions have caused. Rohith has every right to be angry and hurt. I always doubted you. I even expressed my concern to Jethani sa and Manoj but they disregarded my opinion." Manisha then revealed how she saw an "I love you" note in Armaan's room and was sure that it was written by Ruhi. And When she thought of gathering proof, how Ruhi outsmarted her.

Armaan was stunned by the revelation, realizing how Ruhi had persistently pursued a relationship despite his clear rejection. He felt a deep sense of shame for not setting boundaries sooner, knowing that his reluctance had inadvertently fueled the situation. Now, facing the consequences of their unresolved feelings, he resolved to confront Ruhi and finally bring closure to their tangled emotions.

However, Rohith beat him to it. He was exhausted, to say the least. The more he heard of Ruhi's actions, the more he felt disgusted. "I can't take her drama more. Please spare me from the details. Anyway that isn't why I assembled everyone here. I have a gift for Ms.Ruhi here." Rohith thrusted a bunch of papers in Ruhi's hands.

Everyone watched as Ruhi's expression shifted from confusion to shock, then devastation in mere seconds. The papers fell from her trembling hands as Rohith announced to everyone present, "The marriage between Ms. Ruhi Birla and Mr. Armaan Poddar is null and void because she is still legally married to me, Mr. Rohith Poddar. According to Indian law, since I was never declared dead, our marriage persists." The revelation left Ruhi stunned and the room filled with an uneasy silence, realizing the depth of the legal and emotional turmoil ahead.

Author's note: Here is the explanation behind the legalities mentioned in this chapter. (I wanted to clear this up before someone questions the logic behind it). I have done some research and this was written assuming that the information I gathered from certain sites on the internet is true. According to Indian Law, if one's partner is missing and isn't declared dead, then the marriage persists. If a person is missing for 7 years, then he would declared dead. If his/her spouse intends to move out of that marriage, they could get a divorce from the family court owing to the disappearance.

Ps- Please please please don't point fingers at me if this is wrong. This is something I didn't have any knowledge about and I purely depended on some online sites. If there are lawyers out here you can correct me but this story would be continued with this particular narrative. :)

EmptySky thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I like how Ruhi is getting her dues, unlike how they have dealt with the revelation in the show. But why is Armaan being victimised and getting a free pass? He did know that Ruhi was actively pursuing him, she asked for a "beech ka raasta" on his face, not by some indirect, veiled manipulation, she made her intentions clear and he allowed her to insult Abhira, look down at her at every step of the way as if she meant nothing, and he enabled her. Armaan is as much a culprit of the same things that he is a victim of, gaslighting and emotional abuse.
chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Note: Just a remainder..story started with the following description-

What would have happened if Armaan never learned about Abhira's sacrifices? What would have happened if Abhira never confessed her love to Armaan? What would have happened if Armaan never realized his feelings for Abhira? What would have happened if Armaan and Ruhi were married without any intervention? What would have happened if Rohith returned after Armaan's marriage with Ruhi?

**Keep a note that Armaan and Abhira's divorce is real. It wasn't faked by Sanjay Bansal.

**This story's main focus would be on the Poddar family. I would include glimpses of Abhira but I can't promise.

chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: EmptySky

I like how Ruhi is getting her dues, unlike how they have dealt with the revelation in the show. But why is Armaan being victimised and getting a free pass? He did know that Ruhi was actively pursuing him, she asked for a "beech ka raasta" on his face, not by some indirect, veiled manipulation, she made her intentions clear and he allowed her to insult Abhira, look down at her at every step of the way as if she meant nothing, and he enabled her. Armaan is as much a culprit of the same things that he is a victim of, gaslighting and emotional abuse.

I guess we share a different opinion here. Armaan was emotionally abused and conditioned since childhood. He is incapable of standing up against that. He never knew that what Abhira was facing is verbal abuse because he himself dealt with it. So it was absolutely normal for him. And about Ruhi....He initially cleared out many times that he isn't interested in pursuing a relationship with her. After constantly getting gaslighted, manipulated and hearing to Ruhi's dukh dard post Rohith's exit, he failed to draw that line between them. Even that was because of his guilt for being associated with her in the past and being an active member in convincing her to marry Rohith. And he is getting his dues. He had lost Abhira. The ppl who seeks validation from Kaveri, Vidya disregarded him. His brother isn't meeting his eye.

PS- This is completely my opinion. Feel free to ignore this if it doesn't match your perspective.