Users

Frequent Posters

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Critics

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: chinnuu_20

Author's note:

This is the longest chapter I have written to date. And This update had taken long time than I have estimated. When I started this Fanfic, I was extremely angry on how the story was going ahead. As mentioned couple of times earlier, this was a impulse decision I had taken post the engagement of Armaan-Ruhi. And my plotline was to separate Armaan & Abhira. I was damn sure about it.

However, my stance softened later on. I am liking how each and every aspect is being focused in the show right now. That is the main reason I would give for taking time in giving updates. It's extremely difficult for me to write fanfic which is completely off-track to the current happenings in the show. I couldn't bring myself to write the parting conversion of Armaan- Abhira. But I also did not want to deviate from the original plotline.

I can see how it can be a problem. Because at that time the frustration was at its peak & I wanted to pen down something too. But stopped myself because I knew it won't sustain me once Armaan undergoes his arc 😅

But the way you are writing is giving an alternate view into things & how beautifully & rationally this should have shaped up. Please continue. I understand the show's track is going differently but the shit Armaan & his family did during the pre/post divorce timings was absolutely heartbreaking. And since in your fic Armaan actually ended up marrying Ruhi; Abhira deserves better.

Please continue!!!

-Niki

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Beautiful update,waiting 4 nxt part

chinnuu_20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Part 12

The corridor was bathed in a gentle, amber light from the lamps that lined the walls, casting a warm, soft glow on everything it touched. Rohith stood waiting, his tension palpable in the quiet space. He shifted restlessly, glancing occasionally at the closed door of Abhira's room, each minute stretching into what felt like an eternity.

When the door finally creaked open, Armaan emerged. The sight of his brother hit Rohith with an unexpected force. Armaan's usually composed face was now a stark shade of pallor, his eyes rimmed with red and clouded with unshed tears. The transformation was jarring; it was as if the very essence of his strength had been drained away in the brief moments inside.

Armaan made an attempt to mask his distress with a smile, a gesture so fragile that it seemed to quiver with the weight of his hidden anguish. The effort was clearly superficial, an act of willful deception meant to protect both himself and those around him from the raw emotions he was struggling to contain.

As Armaan drew closer, his attempt at normalcy crumbled. Rohith met his gaze, and the veneer of control shattered. The smile faded, leaving behind a deep well of sorrow and exhaustion that Armaan had been desperately trying to suppress. The emotional toll of his conversation with Abhira was visible in every strained line of his face, every faltering step he took.

Rohith's heart ached at the sight of his brother so vulnerable, his own worries and apprehensions momentarily overshadowed by Armaan's evident pain. He could see the remnants of the façade slipping away, revealing the depth of the struggle Armaan had endured. The composure that Armaan had tried to maintain now seemed like a distant memory, replaced by the raw, unfiltered reality of his emotions.

Armaan reached Rohith and for a moment, he simply stood there, his shoulders sagging under an invisible weight. The effort to appear strong had left him exhausted, and the facade he had clung to was now nothing more than a fleeting memory. Rohith, sensing his brother's need for support, extended a hand, his touch gentle but firm.

"Hey," Rohith said softly, his voice a soothing balm in the tense atmosphere. "It's okay. You don't have to keep up the act. I'm here."

Armaan's eyes met Rohith's, and for the first time, he allowed himself to be fully seen. The tears he had fought back now began to spill, unrestrained and genuine. He let out a shuddering breath, and the walls he had built around himself finally began to crumble. Rohith stood by him, a steady presence in the midst of his turmoil, offering the support that Armaan so desperately needed.

Together, they walked down the corridor, the weight of the moment giving way to the solace of shared understanding. The corridor's soft light seemed to echo their tentative steps, a promise of comfort and the beginning of healing amidst the darkness. Seeing the depth of Armaan's distress, Rohith decided it would be best to get him away from the house, where the weight of their surroundings might only amplify his emotional burden. With a decisive nod, Rohith guided Armaan toward the parking lot, steering him gently but firmly.

Armaan moved almost on autopilot, his steps slow and heavy as he followed Rohith. The drive was not just about physical distance but a way to offer Armaan a break from the immediate pressure of their environment. Rohith's car, a refuge from the night's intensity, was parked nearby. He opened the door for Armaan, who slid into the passenger seat with a sigh of relief, grateful for the change of scenery.

Rohith started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot, the hum of the car providing a soothing background to their quiet. As they drove, Rohith kept the pace relaxed, choosing a route that meandered through quieter parts of the city, away from the usual hustle and bustle. The gentle rhythm of the car's motion was a comforting contrast to the emotional turbulence Armaan had just faced.

They drove in silence for a while, the calmness of the night and the rhythmic sound of the tires on the road creating a meditative atmosphere. Rohith occasionally glanced over at Armaan, his concern palpable, but he didn't press for conversation. Instead, he let the silence speak volumes, offering Armaan the space to gather his thoughts without feeling overwhelmed.

After some time, Rohith pulled into a scenic overlook on the edge of town. The view was expansive, with the city lights twinkling below like a sea of stars. It was a place they had visited many times, a spot that held memories of both joyful and contemplative moments.

As they sat there, the cool night air filtering through the open window, Rohith finally broke the silence. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to, Armaan. I just thought this might help, give you a chance to clear your head a bit."

Armaan looked out at the view, the vastness of it seemingly putting his troubles into perspective. The soothing presence of his brother and the tranquility of the setting began to ease the tight knot in his chest. He took a deep breath, letting the calm of the night seep into him.

Rohith remained patient, understanding that sometimes the most profound comfort comes from just being there, silently sharing in the weight of the moment. The drive was more than just a change of scenery; it was an opportunity for Armaan to process his emotions, knowing that he wasn't alone in facing them.

As they sat in the quiet of the overlook, Armaan stared out at the city lights, struggling to find the right words. The stillness around him seemed to pull at the dam he had built up inside, and he found himself unraveling.

"I don't even know where to start," Armaan said, his voice breaking slightly. "It feels like everything has been falling apart so fast."

Rohith remained silent, simply nodding in understanding, allowing his brother to express his turmoil at his own pace.

"It's just... after Abhira's mom passed away, everything changed. I promised her mother that I would take care of her. I made that promise, and I meant it. But now it feels like... like I failed her. She never wanted to get married, not really. She just wanted to separate then and there. She didn't want to be a liability. I never intended to marry anyone then as I thought I lost a chance at love, now that Ruhi was already married. But I couldn't leave her there when she had no one. And I... I thought that if I did everything right, everything would work out. But I was wrong."

Armaan's words tumbled out in a rush. His face was contorted with a mixture of pain and frustration. "She came to me, saying she wanted a year's deal. A year where we would stay married, but with an end in sight. I thought it was absurd at first. I couldn't understand why she would want that. But now, I realize she was trying to protect herself, to give herself some space."

He paused, his gaze fixed on the horizon, trying to gather his thoughts. "I didn't know the full extent of what she was going through. I didn't see the emotional abuse, the way she was treated in the Poddar house. It was like... like I was blind to it. I was used to that kind of environment, so I didn't see it as abuse. To me, it was just normal."

Armaan's eyes glistened as he continued. "Abhira faced so much difficulty trying to adjust, trying to find her place in all this. And I didn't understand. I thought I was doing everything right, but I was just adding to her pain. I didn't know that my own background, my own experiences, were hurting her."

He took a deep breath, his shoulders sagging under the weight of his confessions. "I thought I could fix everything by following the rules, by sticking to what I promised. But now... now I'm not sure if I ever really understood what she needed. I see her struggling, and I feel helpless."

Armaan's voice softened, a mix of regret and sadness threading through his words as he continued. "The thing is, Abhira... she loved everyone in that house. Despite everything, she found a way to care for them. Even when they made it difficult, even when she was hurt, she still tried. She cooked for them, listened to their problems, and tried to be the daughter-in-law they expected her to be. But they never really saw her, did they? They never appreciated how much she was giving, how much of herself she was sacrificing just to fit in."

His hands clenched into fists as he spoke, the tension in his body reflecting the turmoil in his heart. "And me... I should have been there for her. I should have stood by her side and defended her when she needed it. But I didn't. I let her fight those battles alone, thinking she could handle it, thinking she was strong enough. But that was just me being a coward, wasn't it? Too scared to confront the people I cared about, too scared to rock the boat."

Armaan's voice trembled as he continued, the weight of his guilt pressing down on him like a heavy burden. "And the worst part, Rohith... I wasn't just absent when she needed me the most. I was actively making things worse. Instead of understanding what she was going through, instead of trying to see things from her perspective, I was berating her. I kept telling her that she needed to adjust, to mend her ways, to fit into the mold that everyone expected her to fit into. I thought I was helping, but all I was doing was breaking her spirit."

He shook his head, the anger at himself evident in his voice. "I was so blinded by my upbringing, by the way things had always been done in our family, that I couldn't see how wrong it was to force those expectations on her. I kept telling her that she needed to be more accommodating and that she needed to try harder to not upset everyone. But she was already giving everything she had, and I... I was too wrapped up in my own beliefs to see that."

Armaan's fists unclenched, and his hands fell to his sides, a sense of helplessness washing over him. "I made her feel like she wasn't enough like she was the problem. When all along, it was me who couldn't see that she was already doing more than anyone could ask of her. I should have been her ally, her partner, but instead, I became just another source of pain for her."

He let out a shaky breath, the enormity of his mistakes crashing down on him. "I've spent so much time trying to be the perfect son, the perfect grandson, that I lost sight of what matters—and expected the same from her. And now, I don't even know if I can fix what I've broken."Rohith listened quietly, his heart aching for his brother. He could see the depth of Armaan's regret, the rawness of the emotions he was finally allowing himself to feel. Rohith placed a reassuring hand on Armaan's shoulder, squeezing it gently.

"Bhaiyya, I can't pretend to know what Bhabhi is going through or what she needs right now. But I do know that you've taken the first step by recognizing where you went wrong. It's not going to be easy, and it might take a long time to rebuild that trust, but the fact that you're willing to do the work—that you want to make things right—means a lot. You may not have been the partner she needed before, but you can be now. If she's willing to give you that chance, then you owe it to her, and to yourself, to give it everything you've got."

Armaan shook his head, his voice laced with a mixture of determination and sorrow. "No, Rohith. I can't be selfish like that. I can't just ask for forgiveness and then constantly hover around her, trying to regain her trust. She's been through so much already. She deserves the chance to heal without me complicating things further."

Rohith frowned, surprised by the firmness in Armaan's voice. "But Bhaiyya, if you really want to make things right, shouldn't you be there for her? Show her that you've changed, that you understand now?"

Armaan sighed, turning to look at his brother with tired, weary eyes. "I've thought about that, Rohith. But it's not about me anymore. Abhira told me she wants to start fresh, to move on and find her own path. I need to respect that. I can't keep holding onto her, hoping she'll give me another chance. It's not fair to her. She needs to end this chapter, and I owe it to her to step aside and let her do that."

He swallowed hard, the pain of his decision evident in every word. "I would do anything to make up for the pain I caused, but I can't force her to carry that burden with me. If letting her go is what she needs to find peace, then that's what I'll do. I'll obey her wishes, even if it means walking away."

Armaan's voice grew quieter, tinged with a deep introspection as he continued. "And I'm not going to miraculously tell her that I love her now, just because I finally realized how much she loved me. No, that wouldn't be right. The truth is, I'm not even sure what I feel right now. I've spent so long suppressing my emotions, trying to be the person everyone expected me to be, that I never really allowed myself to understand what I truly wanted or needed."

He paused, gathering his thoughts, his gaze drifting back to the twinkling city lights below. "But I do know this—I'm deeply attached to her. She's made me live my life in ways I never imagined. She brought a light into my world that I didn't even know was missing. I've learned so much from her, more than I ever thought I could. In these three decades, I've never felt this cared for, this... loved. She made me feel that, and I didn't even realize it until now."

Armaan's eyes glistened with unshed tears as he spoke, his voice thick with emotion. "But I can't just cling to her out of fear or guilt. That's not love, that's selfishness. I need to step back and really assess my feelings, to understand what it is that I want and what it is that she needs. And if what she needs is to move on without me, then that's what I have to accept."

He took a deep breath, as if trying to steady himself against the torrent of emotions swirling within him. "It hurts, Rohith. It hurts so much to think that I might lose her, that I might never get the chance to show her that I've changed. But I can't drag her down with me as I try to figure out my own heart. She's given me so much already, and the least I can do is let her find her own peace, even if it means stepping aside."

Rohith's hand remained on Armaan's shoulder, a silent offer of support. He could see the internal battle his brother was fighting, the struggle between wanting to hold on and knowing he needed to let go.

"Bhaiyya," Rohith said gently, "whatever happens, you're doing the right thing by putting her needs first. It takes a lot of strength to do what you're doing, to let go when all you want to do is hold on. Just know that you're not alone in this. We'll get through this together, no matter what."

Armaan nodded, his eyes still fixed on the horizon as he tried to find solace in his brother's words. "Thank you, Rohith. I don't know what I would do without you."

For a long moment, they sat in silence, the cool night air brushing against their faces as the weight of Armaan's decision settled in. The city below seemed to stretch out endlessly, a reminder of the vastness of the world and the countless possibilities that lay ahead—possibilities that, for now, Armaan was still struggling to grasp.

But with Rohith by his side, he knew that he wouldn't have to face those possibilities alone.

Let me know your thoughts.

Also, give a guess what would be the next chapter.

Edited by chinnuu_20 - 1 months ago
alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Amazing update

Waiting 4 nxt

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing 🤩

Excited to read more

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Finally Armaan is realizing how much he screwed up.

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Critics

This is so good 😭😭😭

Something I wish Armaan in the show would have done.....a long introspection with FBs instead of badgering her and wooing her.

So well written!!!

And that he doesn't immediately jump into the fact that he loves her too is commendable. I was never fully sold on the quick way he realised his love. But here it's well placed and I hope you give us a proper pov on him realizing what he feels and understanding what a mess his yes to the marriage was.

I also wish he would have mentioned about Ruhi's vindictiveness towards Abhira when he was going on about his family troubling her. Is he still blind to how Ruhi behaved with Abhira when they were married?

Please continue!!!

chinnuu_20 thumbnail
Nah! He isn't blind to Ruhi's vileness. He just didn't want to trigger Rohith, by mentioning her. In part 10, Rohith and Armaan had a conversation about Ruhi while going to meet Abhira. It was subtle, but yes...he is just taking care to not trigger Rohit.
nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Another beautiful update. My guess for next update.....Abhira agrees to help the Poddars and that's when Armaan realizes how much he loves her......is my guess close to what you've planned??

chinnuu_20 thumbnail

Part 13

"...if what I feel is love, or just a deep regret for all the things I missed, all the ways I failed her. I can't confuse the two, Rohith. Love isn't about fixing what's broken just because it hurts to see the damage. It's about wanting the best for her, even if that means letting her go."

Armaan's words hung in the air, a heavy acknowledgment of the emotional turmoil he was grappling with. He turned his gaze back to the city lights, the weight of his thoughts pulling his shoulders down. "Maybe I thought I loved her once, or maybe I was just trying to live up to a promise I made, to be the man everyone expected me to be. But whatever it was, it wasn't enough. Not for her, and not for me."

Rohith nodded slowly, understanding the depth of Armaan's internal struggle. He could see that his brother was trying to navigate the complex emotions that had surfaced, and he respected the honesty with which Armaan was confronting his shortcomings.

Armaan continued, his voice tinged with a mix of resignation and determination. "We can't pull her into this mess again, Rohith. She suffered a lot with everything that happened. This family needs time to heal, to rebuild itself from all the pain we've caused. And with Ruhi in the picture, everything is even more complicated."

He paused, running a hand through his hair as if trying to smooth out the tangled thoughts in his mind. "We should be thankful if Abhira even considers helping us. She's under no obligation to do so, especially after everything. We owe her that much—to respect whatever choice she makes. But I have an inclination that she will help us. Abhira would never back out from helping others."

Rohith gave his brother a reassuring smile. "And if she does decide to help, we need to make sure it's on her terms, not ours. No more taking her for granted, no more making assumptions about what she wants or needs. We owe her that much—and so much more."

Armaan took a deep breath, the tension in his shoulders easing just a little. "You're right. It's time we start doing things differently. For her sake, and for our own. We need to learn from our mistakes, not just repeat them."

Rohith squeezed Armaan's shoulder. "And we will. We'll face this together, one step at a time. And whatever happens, we'll handle it—as a family."

Armaan glanced back at the city lights one last time, feeling a small but significant shift within himself. For the first time in a long while, he felt a glimmer of hope. "As a family," he echoed, the words carrying a newfound resolve.

True to their beliefs, a message from Abhira lit up Rohith's phone screen two days later. He read it with a mix of relief and gratitude, the words confirming what they had both hoped for but dared not expect:"I'll be there for the court trials whenever you need me. Let me know how I can help."

Rohith showed the message to Armaan, who read it carefully, feeling a wave of emotions swell within him. Despite everything that had happened between them, Abhira was still willing to stand by their side, ready to offer her support in their time of need. It was more than they could have asked for, more than they deserved.

It stung Armaan that Abhira had reached out to his brother, but not him. He tried to push the feeling away, telling himself that it didn't matter who she contacted first. What mattered was that she was willing to help. But still, a pang of sadness gripped him. There was a time when they were so close, a time when she trusted him implicitly—so much so that she had even shared her bank password with him, a gesture that symbolized how intertwined their lives had once been.

Now, that connection felt like a distant memory, replaced by the painful reality of their fractured relationship. Armaan knew he had no right to feel hurt. After all, he was the one who had let things fall apart, who hadn't been there when she needed him most. Yet, he couldn't help but mourn what they had lost.

Rohith noticed the change in Armaan's expression, the way his shoulders slumped slightly and his eyes darkened with a mixture of regret and longing. "I know it's hard," Rohith said gently. "But this is a start. She's reaching out, and that's something. It means she still cares, in her own way."

Armaan nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I know. I'm grateful she's willing to help us. I just... I wish things were different. I wish I could go back and fix everything I did wrong."

"We all do," Rohith replied softly. "But we can't change the past, only learn from it. And maybe, if we handle this right, we can start to rebuild—slowly, carefully. We have to earn her trust again, show her that we've changed."

The news of Abhira's willingness to help spread quickly through the Poddar household, igniting a range of emotions among the family members.

Kaveri Poddar, who had once been so adamant in her disapproval of Abhira, now found herself consumed by a deep sense of regret. As the news of Abhira's offer to help reached her, Kaveri couldn't help but feel a wave of shame wash over her. She had treated Abhira harshly, driven by her own fears and prejudices, and now, the very girl she had shunned was the one extending a hand in their time of need.

The irony of the situation was not lost on Kaveri. She felt a heavy burden on her heart, realizing how wrong she had been. The guilt gnawed at her, and she wished she could go back and undo the pain she had caused. For the first time in a long while, Kaveri allowed herself to confront the weight of her actions, her eyes filling with tears as she whispered a silent prayer for forgiveness.

Sanjay Bansal, on the other hand, was visibly shocked. He had never expected Abhira to come back into their lives, let alone offer her support so willingly after all that had transpired. He wondered what kind of person could show such grace and strength despite being treated so unfairly.

The chorus gang, who had always shared a close bond with Abhira, couldn't contain their excitement. They eagerly whispered among themselves, their faces lighting up with joy at the thought of seeing her again. They remembered the times when Abhira had been a part of their mischief and adventures, and they longed for a chance to reconnect.

Manisha Chachi, who had always been a bit of a gossip, found herself unusually quiet, her usual chatter replaced by a warm smile. She was genuinely happy to hear that Abhira would be returning, even if just for a short time. She knew how much Abhira's presence meant to the family, especially now.

Madhav, standing a little apart from the rest, felt a pang of gratitude mixed with guilt. He had watched Abhira suffer silently, bearing the brunt of their family's judgment and still, she chose to come back and help. She refused to be selfish, even when she had every right to be. He was in awe of her strength and kindness.

Vidya's eyes filled with tears as she thought about all the ways she had wronged Abhira. She remembered the harsh words, the cold stares, and the countless times she had turned her back when Abhira needed support. The guilt weighed heavily on her now. She realized just how much she had misunderstood Abhira, and the thought that Abhira would still be willing to help them despite everything made her heart ache.

The entire Poddar family, in their own ways, was reminded of Abhira's resilience and kindness. They each felt a mix of emotions—joy, guilt, gratitude, and disbelief. It was clear that her return, even if only temporary, was going to stir up old memories and perhaps offer a chance for some much-needed healing.

However, they were soon shocked to see a change in Abhira. She refused to stay in the Poddar Mansion or even accept accommodation in their outhouse. Instead, she made it clear that she would only meet them directly in court, requesting to be informed a day in advance for the trials. Her decision to maintain such a clear boundary was a stark reminder of the distance that had grown between them.

Abhira's demeanor was formal and reserved when she arrived. She greeted everyone with a polite smile, but it was evident that she was keeping her distance. She declined to engage in any conversations, even with those who had once been close to her. The warmth and familiarity that had once characterized her interactions with the family were now replaced by a cool professionalism.

This shift in behavior stunned the Poddar family. They had hoped for a more personal and reconciliatory reunion, where past grievances could be addressed and emotions shared. Instead, they were met with a clear boundary that highlighted the unresolved issues and the time that had passed.

Kaveri's initial sense of regret deepened as she watched Abhira's formal interactions. The realization of how far removed she had become from the young woman she had once shunned hit hard. She found herself grappling with a mix of guilt and a sense of helplessness, unsure how to bridge the chasm that had grown between them. The chorus gang's excitement was dampened as they observed Abhira's distant demeanor. Their anticipation of reconnecting with her was overshadowed by the formality of her approach. They exchanged worried glances, realizing that the bond they once shared might not be easily rekindled.

Manisha Chachi, usually quick to chat and gossip, found herself at a loss for words. The warmth she had felt at the news of Abhira's return seemed misplaced in the face of her cold reception. She couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment.

The family was unprepared for what came next. As Abhira began to prepare for her departure, she pulled out a set of legal papers from her bag. The room fell silent as she handed them over. The papers stated that Abhira owed Armaan a sum of 10 lakhs, a debt that she would address in due time. Along with the documents was a formal affidavit in which she thanked the Poddar family for allowing her to stay in their house during her brief visit and offered an apology for any emotional turmoil she might have caused. The apology also acknowledged her involvement in family matters and the way it had affected them.

While the family collectively recognized and appreciated her professional integrity and her efforts to address her obligations, the encounter was a poignant reminder of the distance that had grown between them. The family's initial sense of hope for a reconnection was overshadowed by the reality of the formal, business-like nature of her visit, reinforcing the emotional and relational chasm that had yet to be bridged.

Armaan was overwhelmed by a torrent of emotions. The stark transition from their past intimate interactions to this cold formality hit him hard. The emotional connection he once cherished with Abhira felt painfully distant, now overshadowed by the harsh reality of unresolved issues and financial commitments.

The formality of Abhira's demeanor and the legal papers acted as a harsh mirror, reflecting not only the intricacies of their past but also the emotional chasm that had widened between them. For Armaan, this moment was a stark reminder of his past mistakes and the emotional scars they had left behind. Struggling to reconcile the Abhira he once knew—the one who had shared so many of her life's moments with him—with the distant figure now standing before him, he felt a deep, sorrowful ache.

Unable to bear the weight of the situation, Armaan retreated to his room, tears streaming down his face. The family, witnessing his distress, exchanged concerned glances as they noticed his silent departure. They could see the raw pain etched on his face, a poignant reminder of the emotional toll that the meeting had taken. The sight of Armaan, overwhelmed and reduced to tears, underscored the profound impact of Abhira's visit and the unresolved heartache that lingered long after she had left.

Ruhi had never felt so overwhelmed. The days when she had confidently held the upper hand were now gone. Now, with the added burden of an accident case alongside the ongoing divorce case—both of which had spiraled out of control due to her assumption that Abhira would never return—she was struggling to manage the stress. Her irritation mounted as she grappled with the mounting pressure and the fallout of her earlier miscalculations. The weight of her mistakes and the challenge of navigating these complex legal issues left her feeling frazzled and on edge.

The hearing for the accident case was unexpectedly scheduled sooner than Ruhi had anticipated. She found herself unprepared when the opposition lawyer began questioning her about the emotional distress she had experienced while driving. The probing inquiries caught her off guard, but she quickly masked her true feelings and crafted a convincing narrative.

Ruhi asserted that her driving had always been cautious and meticulous, attributing her carefulness to the profound loss she had experienced when her mother died in an accident. She framed her emotional turmoil as a driving force behind her heightened attention on the road, hoping to portray herself as someone deeply affected by the tragic loss, yet determined to prevent similar incidents.

Ruhi, however, was unaware that her attempt to deflect attention had inadvertently opened a new case against herself. Her recent courtroom history of dishonesty had eroded her credibility, leaving her words in the realm of skepticism. Desperate and well-versed in playing the victim card, she began to recount a sob story to evoke sympathy.

With dramatic flair, she spoke of the profound impact of her mother's death in an accident, painting a vivid picture of her emotional suffering. She claimed that the accident was caused by her own maasi, adding a layer of familial betrayal to her tale. Her intent was to appeal to the court's emotions, hoping that her story of personal tragedy would overshadow the doubts surrounding her credibility.

By this time, Ruhi's lawyer had all but lost hope. Frustration and disbelief filled the lawyer as they watched Ruhi's desperate attempts unravel. It was clear that the lawyer had underestimated just how misguided Ruhi's strategy was and how stupid her client was to not understand that the courtroom was not the place for such theatrics; judges were adept at seeing through the façade of victimhood.

The lawyer, with years of experience, knew that attempting to manipulate emotions in such a manner was a gamble they couldn't afford. The more Ruhi wove her sob story, the more evident it became that the judge was likely to see through her attempt to garner sympathy. The lawyer could only watch with a sinking feeling, knowing that Ruhi's lack of understanding about courtroom dynamics might lead to an even greater disaster.

Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by chinnuu_20 - 1 months ago