Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

Did ex contestant or Rishi perform saw one of the kid of SS3 having pic with finalist, Utkarsh and Rishi and it looked like it was from the II set and when I checked his instragram it looked like he is one of the contestant his name is name is Nishant something?

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.SK

Article says despite Shreya & Vishal as a judges, the show failed to capture the audience. Let's face it this season 2 new judges - Shreya and Kumar Sanu. the winners are predictable.

Even I thought in the beginning that this season might do well in trp because like Shreya Ghoshal is in the judge panel but I guess people have given up knowing Sony’s kartoot like biases and favoritism towards certain contestants. Bringing legend singer and cutting dramas won’t work they need to be fair too.

IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ok now that the hilarity and surprise of the result has settled in, I think I kind of love the result in a cynical way. It's honestly what this season deserves. (Long post ahead sorry)

Sanu da is amazing and I love him, but you can tell he was all in on Subhodeep by the middle of the season and cared little about the others by that point. Shreya is amazing too, but she was clearly invested in Adya and saved Adya's behind a billion times. The fact that Adya is a finalist at all is a joke through and through, even if she did show her potential on various occasions.

The top two singers to make the final were Pyush and Ananya. They were the top male and female singers on the show. Even people who didn't love them would've been fine with either winning, since they were consistent almost every week and great almost every time. In any other season, one of them is the winner. Say what you will about other seasons, but the end result is almost always a predictable and understandable one. It's the one thing that I like about this show every season, even though every season takes a nosedive in the final six weeks or so.

But again, this season was different. For the first 2/3 of the season, it felt fresh and made us feel nostalgic. The judges were beloved unlike recent years. Hussain as host was great. The early rounds were legendary. And then everything turned upside down. This is the season where Menuka, who is already finding success as a professional and was at worst the second best female singer on the show, finished 10th. I know she made mistakes, but still, tenth? And then Utkarsh, who was a clear finalist, gets eliminated the same day due to clear favoritism/rigging. And Obom makes it to the semifinals despite giving up months ago.

When you have Adya, Anjana and Vaibhav make the finals over Piyush and Menuka (who was always getting eliminated before that let's be honest,) Subhodeep is allowed to become an egotist who depreciates throughout the season but has a judge's backing until the end, and Adya is saved nonstop, you kind of deserve a winner like Vaibhav. Someone who made clear improvements as the season went on, transformed from joker to well-rounded performer, but was still, at best, the 4th or 5th best singer on the show. It's a choice that few will love, many will joke about but nobody can really hate, unlike if some of the other finalists had won.

I'm not saying Vaibhav was the best, or 2nd best, or 3rd, or 4th. But he's the winner that this season deserved, for better or worse. At least now I can tell the few members of my watch group that are still kind of interested in watching the final few episodes, that they won't hate the winner, and maybe we can all have a get-together in the coming days to watch the last few episodes. I still wish the show had managed to retain its momentum and not succumb to the usual BS, but I'll always have good memories about the first few months of this season. I am thankful of that.

Ifs_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well said..agree with each and every point u have made. This could have been a block buster show ..initial episodes were amazing ..great judges, hosts and contestants ...yet everything spiraled down for whatever reason..

Edited by Ifs_14 - 6 months ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

After watching the episode, I just say it was a good final (barring the result). It was fantastic to have Sonu Nigam, we had him sing with Shreya and the contestants and some great solo performances too. Even the judges performances were lovely. Those few minutes when Neha sang, were as expected pathetic, but tolerable because it was brief.

I’ve always liked Piyush, but there was always something about him that didn’t scream WINNER, but looks like he saved it for the last. Today he was at his best. He’s humble and hardworking and it shows. Hoping he does well in the future.

Ananya has been my favourite since I started watching the show. I’ve read that she wasn’t her best today, but I think she was brilliant. She’s been extremely consistent. That she was fourth, surprised me more than Vaibhav winning. People are so used to mediocrity that they make stars of people like Neha Kakkar, no wonder they don’t vote for the likes of Ananya. I do hope she does well, but honestly there’s no dearth of talent in India and most contestants fade away into oblivion. Hope that’s not the case with her.

Shubhodeep - he’s a good singer and performer, and I was convinced he was going to win (since a couple of weeks now). He did shine in the last few weeks. I do think that after the episode where Kavita Krishnamurthy had a message for him, he became too much of an egoist. While I’m all for contestants showing their prowess off, he overdid it lately. And that was a turn off. I’m guessing it was for many others. I’m just thinking had it not been for that, maybe he’d have won. Atleast he was a deserving winner. I have an inkling that he’ll do well.

Anjana - ive liked her performances even though initially she sang the same kind of songs. But somewhere I believed that she wouldn’t win, since she’s already won Indian Idol junior. Today she was fantastic. She can set the stage on fire, she can sing soothing Melody’s, she can sing classical. She was a worthy winner of Indian Idol junior.

Adya - she should thank her lucky stars that she even got selected, forget making it to the finals. Yes, her voice quality is different, but it’s very restrictive. Even that is ok, but she didn’t even have enough vocal range. Listen to Richa Sharma, Jaspinder Narula - their voices are also different but see their range, there’s a smoothness in the voice (even if it’s husky), Adya lacked it. I’m glad she was eliminated in the first round today.

Vaibhav - always said he’s a great performer, probably second to none. But as a singer I don’t rate him highly. But none of that matters. Even if many of us think, he didn’t deserve it, the verdict is out. I’m just glad it’s not Adya! Good luck and congratulations to him.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Oh man I just loved Piyush’s Satarangi RE & Rafi Saab’s song with orchestra in symphony round 😍👍👍👏👏👏👏 its very difficult to sing Rafi Saab’s song & doing justice to it 😍 his speech for his idol Sonu. Them singing together amazing, mind blowing 👍👏👏👏💕💕💕 high light of finale for me was it. love you Piyush, god bless you. You are going to go so far.

sonu took me down the memory lane when he used to host original SAREGAMA b4 public voting took over 🙄 god bless Sonu 💕

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Good God! What was THAT???

Just now finished watching

To give due credit Anjana was v good today; Ananya was not upto her mark in the first challenge round, I feared she would get eliminated first.

I like Vaibhav, have always enjoyed his performances ; but NO WAY is he better than Piyush, Shubhodeep or Ananya.

Between these 3, going by today’s performance, my pick was Piyush, he scored over Ananya for me today - mostly they are on par for me. Shubhodeep as usual overdid it.
Piyush’s disappointment was as evident as Vaibhav’s shock. So Idol has produced another Destiny’s favoured child. 🙄. Anyways Congratulations to Vaibhav & wishing him all the best.

Actually I enjoyed the finale since it was proper singing by the finalists sans performance.

Got a truckload of Sonu’s performance - solo slot , then with Piyush & then with the 4 finalists. Shreya’s solo was once more mind blowing. The cherry on the cake was of course the duets of Sonu-shreya. Some of us were hoping & wishing for this. It was bliss. 💕👌👌.

Neha sharing the seat with Shreya…😳 oh well, all is forgiven, since they gave us Sonu -shreya magic , ❤️.
Btws, SS3 kids were v good, esp that boy 👍. With Neha already jumping like a gooseberry, this was a curtain-raiser of sorts. 🙄. Bracing myself….

PV_IFhandle, tagging you, do catch the SS duets at the beginning of part 2 on SonyLiv . It popped up as 2 clips for me, don’t know whether they merged it now.

Are you gonna watch SS3 imean there’s gonna be mentors like Pyare laaji and it looks like capatains are also going to judge this time.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: reborn-re

Are you gonna watch SS3 imean there’s gonna be mentors like Pyare laaji and it looks like capatains are also going to judge this time.

Despite Neha, I badly want to. But I am leaving for USA today & will be back only in June. In fact I have posted a query in the SS3 forum regarding this. Want to know whether VPN is the only way SonyLiv works there.

Anybody?? Pl let me know reg this.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: reborn-re

captains judging, legends as mentors, so neha has no job profile s such ? 😁. Brought in for drama. 😳
reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Despite Neha, I badly want to. But I am leaving for USA today & will be back only in June. In fact I have posted a query in the SS3 forum regarding this. Want to know whether VPN is the only way SonyLiv works there.

Anybody?? Pl let me know reg this.

Well I live in USA too but I don’t have Sonyliv and it doesn’t work here but you can watch in online websites and good thing is you don’t have to watch the drama you can skip them. I use yodesiserial.su where they show everything like they show in tv or sonyliv there are other website too but they don’t show everything.

Edited by reborn-re - 6 months ago