piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 months ago

Sometimes I prefer these celebs to not speak. It truly takes away all the respect & adoration you have had for them at one point when you find them doing or saying some absurd shit.

Banned

[Post Removed]

myviewprem thumbnail

Rani is from very privileged family with Nutan and Tanuja as auntys and Joy Mukherjee as uncle

Why is she acting as if she had no connections in bollywood

If you watch Rani Mukherjee horrible acting in first 2-3 movies she would never get a actress job at all except because of her family back ground

She later improved drastically

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Seriously….We really need to stop calling women “home wreckers”…… you think the husband was some innocent kid that got tricked or brainwashed ?

Regarding rani and aditya - karan johra says aditya recommended rani for kuch kuch hota hai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdc6FiUyME

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

she has always been fake.

myviewprem thumbnail

I guess adi parents or brother did not warm up to rani they preferred adi first wife

That is why adi married after yash chopra death only

https://www.thedailystar.net/entertainment/tv-film/news/lived-hotel-year-rani-mukerji-her-marriage-3482771

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

she has always been fake.

shes like priyanka chopra uses others to climb up the ladder

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I actually felt that the PS films did not seem as grand in scale as I expected. Maybe for South Indian films it was considered lavish, but as someone used to Bhansali, it felt like the VFX was not the best. I remember on Reddit, many people were criticizing the trailer because everything seemed smaller in scale than expected. Much criticism was also that the hair and makeup was influenced by North Indian fashions and not historically accurate. Reddit was complaining that the costumes and looks seemed closer to Jodha Akbar.

I have not seen many South films so PS is one of the few looks I have had into their industry. Script-wise, wasn't it heavily praised especially for being accurate to the novel?

Bhansali has gotten that criticism lately, especially with his last few films, that everything looks beautiful and he has stunning actors but the writing is not the best. I've noticed that especially with Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat. Both were good films to look at but story-wise, I would not be interested in rewatching them. The songs have more repeat value than the actual films.

Gloss over substance seems to be a typical complaint leveled against Bollywood vs South films. I'm thinking of Sairat which was heavily praised but when Bollywood remade it as Dhadak, it got a lot of flack for being very glossed up and getting the Bollywood Karan Johar treatment, right down to the ending being somewhat sanitized. How there was artifice in the film and performances compared to how raw and real the original one was.

I didn't know that so many of the iconic writers and dialogues really come from the South and were used there before BW actors became known for these lines. It makes sense considering how often BW copies other films and industries with unofficial remakes. I had no idea that films like Tere Naam or even Amitabh Bachchan's films like Don were all heavily based off of south films and there was little awareness of this until now. Very revealing information.

Here is list of tamil movies made into hindi

Like i said many hindi super hits are copy of south movies- beta, akhri rasta(AB Sr) , andha kanoon, aadmi(dilip kumar), biwi no.1 (salman) dil ek mandir, do phool, haseena maan jayegi, no entry and many more are south movies copied

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hindi_remakes_of_Tamil_films

Edited by myviewprem - 6 months ago

Banned

[Post Removed]

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I actually agree with her on this one. We are always undermining and hard on ourselves.