Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mukthaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 months ago

I think you guys are only considering Mendelian inheritance..Mendelian inheritance is not followed in every traits ..There is something called non Mendelian inheritance.Genetics is not that linear...there is incomplete dominance ,co dominance, mitochondrial inheritance etc 

"Mendel himself warned that care was needed in extrapolating his patterns to other organisms or traits. Indeed, many organisms have traits whose inheritance works differently from the principles he described; these traits are called non-Mendelian.[36][37]

For example, Mendel focused on traits whose genes have only two alleles, such as "A" and "a". However, many genes have more than two alleles. He also focused on traits determined by a single gene. But some traits, such as height, depend on many genes rather than just one. Traits dependent on multiple genes are called polygenic traits."

Mukthaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Mukthaa

I think you guys are only considering Mendelian inheritance..Mendelian inheritance is not followed in every traits ..There is something called non Mendelian inheritance.Genetics is not that linear...there is incomplete dominance ,co dominance, mitochondrial inheritance etc 

"Mendel himself warned that care was needed in extrapolating his patterns to other organisms or traits. Indeed, many organisms have traits whose inheritance works differently from the principles he described; these traits are called non-Mendelian.[36][37]

For example, Mendel focused on traits whose genes have only two alleles, such as "A" and "a". However, many genes have more than two alleles. He also focused on traits determined by a single gene. But some traits, such as height, depend on many genes rather than just one. Traits dependent on multiple genes are called polygenic traits."

Height, weight, hair color, eye color, and skin color are examples of polygenic traits. The appearance of each of these traits is due to interactions between two or more genes. Alleles for a gene can be dominant, recessive, codominant, or show incomplete dominance.

priyashrvan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Dirdam

Hmm yes and no I have blue eyes because my dad and mom also have blue eyes but none of my cousins have blue or green eyes and my uncle has brown eyes when My grandma has green and My grandfather had blue eyes..,from my Dad side only him has the blue eyes like his mother the other 6 brothers have the brown eyes of their father...as u can see it's not that easy.

It's not that easy but it is possible right? Blue eyes can skip generations and can come from their forefathers... But here Grumpy is speculating that baby might have got using technology which isn't fair..

Can't you guys leave the innocent baby alone.. Do you have to show your hatred of her parents towards the baby.. Sorry it's.....

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: priyashrvan

It's not that easy but it is possible right? Blue eyes can skip generations and can come from their forefathers... But here Grumpy is speculating that baby might have got using technology which isn't fair..

Can't you guys leave the innocent baby alone.. Do you have to show your hatred of her parents towards the baby.. Sorry it's.....

I understand that people speculate after all as u can see, even with light-eyed parents children come out with brown eyes. This happened with My uncle and that's why My grandfather's family doubted that My uncle was of My grandpa because he born with brown eyes not like My Grandfather or my mother 🙄 people can talk, they always do it and nothing happens as long as it's with respect and Raha's case is Rare for them.

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Alia always said she had German ancestors so maybe the girl is like some great Grandfather of Aloo. It's rare but can be possible.

Screenshot_20231227-144501.jpg

Originally posted by: Agni_Jytsona

I was actually surprised it lasted so long. smiley36

After Sonam's wedding thread ...this was the second thread I loved where people didn't care about their like or dislike for the parents....but just rallied around the munchkin..smiley27...and I was like....we are so different but we have the ability to come together on things that matter......smiley42....like babies......babies are so damn cute...how can we not...smiley27

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dirdam

I understand that people speculate after all as u can see, even with light-eyed parents children come out with brown eyes. This happened with My uncle and that's why My grandfather's family doubted that My uncle was of My grandpa because he born with brown eyes not like My Grandfather or my mother 🙄 people can talk, they always do it and nothing happens as long as it's with respect and Raha's case is Rare for them.

Soha aur Kunal ki Beti bhi light eyes hai jabki dono ka eyes black hai aur Soha koi kapoor nahi hai

toh Pataudi kandaan mein bhi koi light eyed hoga ya kunal k side se aaya hoga smiley44

Edited by PardesiBabu - 5 months ago